Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 4054
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bought a new NEO GEO game? - tell us about it here
priest
Uhmmm...I own a complete AES version of Sengoku 3/2000, I also own Sengoku...Its the second one that Im after...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Lord Thag
You can always go with an MVS converter. Thats what i use and it works great on the AES.

priest
Lord Thag: Yea I know and I do own a 'Phantom-one' MVS -> AES adapter. But since I own the other Sengoku games for the AES, I really want S2 too in this format. Luckily its not the most expensive of the three...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Sensi
Funny one Henke, your purchase of League Bowling. Never saw the Euro boxart of the game only, only the Japenese pink one. Looks like a fun game to play.
You really should start with MVS, it's great, maybe a CMVS with a old CRT instead of a cab?

The MVS Sengoku's will get more expensive in the future, grab them while you can.
I only own the first one, but already have some shockboxes ready for chapter 2 & 3.

Henke
Sensi wrote:

Funny one Henke, your purchase of League Bowling. Never saw the Euro boxart of the game only, only the Japenese pink one.

Sorry if I misunderstand something here, I just want to explicate it's the US Dog Tag of League Bowling I've got. The Euro looks different.

green beret
priest wrote:

Uhmmm...I own a complete AES version of Sengoku 3/2000, I also own Sengoku...Its the second one that Im after...

A couple of months back I traded my AES Sengoku 2 copy and some other AES games for the punisher CPS1 and Night Slashers pcb. Funny thing is I don't miss it...

sanny_torkilsson
SSZS Joe
i.imgur.com/nslmcRy.jpg

www.aikhockey.se
Sensi

Que?

Henke
It's Samurai Spirits Zero Special.

Sensi
Ok, jealous then.

Sensi
Snatched from Green Beret, offcourse in topnotch condition.
Thank you, my dear favourite seller & friend Smile

s25.postimg.org/pnrw555un/IMG_0688.jpg

s25.postimg.org/5hoe69a73/IMG_0694.jpg

green beret
All pleasure is mine my dear friend! I hope you enjoy both looking at it and playing it! It was in the first four NEO games I had bought! I like its concept so much! I will buy some time it's MVS release.

RiKo
Nice purchase Sensi Thumbs Up What do you think of the game? Are you enjoying it?

I just bought Mutation Nation. I've been trying to get it for a good price for ages but gave up and paid more than I wanted to for it :/. Least I won't have to spend ages looking online for it now though. I now have 3 beat-em-ups on AES. Sengoku 2001,Burning Fight being the other two.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
STE C
Been busy spending money this last week, replaced my copy of Ninja Masters with the NGDC version as MVS carts have shot up since I was last collecting 5 years ago. Paid £55 for it as MVS version is over £100 now ( more than doubled what I paid 6 years ago). Very happy with it & load times are tolerable. NGCD prices have also increased but its still the best way to build good collection of older games on a budget.

Metal Slug 4 loose MVS £40 ( not bad price)
KOF 95 loose MVS £32

got 11 shockboxes & inserts coming for my loose MVS carts ( something I was supposed to sort years ago.

On the look out for Shock Troopers 2 & MOTW if I can find them at a fair price.

In general shocked by how much people want on Ebay nowadays which was always expected but I didn't count on how much in 5 years.

-SD-
Since the last time I was actively posting I've acquired a few Neo Geo games....

I finally decided to get KoF '98 - '03 on homecart, bringing me up to 16 Japanese AES games in total. Last Blade 1 & 2, MotW, SSIV, RBFFS, Matrimelee, Rage of the Dragons, SVC Chaos, Windjammers, Viewpoint and KoF '98 - '03.

I then decided a few months later to get the rest of the homecarts I wanted and a certain shmup on MVS. Well feck me, Top Hunter and Soccer Brawl had certainly shot up in price since the last time I'd looked and I'm not paying 200 quid for Pulstar on MVS. So in light of this, and never having owned one before, I got a toploading CD system. Beard

The console came with 18 games in varying condition, unfortunately, and I've brought a few since then including some sealed games which I thoroughly enjoyed liberating from their cellophane prisons. Ninja Commando, Pulstar, Top Hunter, Soccer Brawl, Viewpoint, Sonic Wings 2 & 3, Last Resort, Zintrick, KoF '94 - '97 and Twinkle Star Sprites are the ones that immediately spring to mind. I'll put up a collection photo at some point.

But realistically I'm done with the AES now. There's a couple of conversions I wouldn't mind getting but that's it; any further Neo game purchases will be CDs or the last couple of MVS carts I'm after.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

Henke
Wow!
I've been thinking about getting a CD-system too. My reasons would be Metal Slug, Pulstar, Twinkle Star, Turf Masters and a couple more. I think I can live with the loading times on these titles and somehow I would prefer owning them on original CDs over AES Conversions.

I've bought these:

www.vintagegames.se/forum/images/collection/collection_item_20583.jpg

www.vintagegames.se/forum/images/collection/collection_item_20584.jpg

Unfortunately Eight Man is missing its manual.

vas
Well if none of you have a samurai showdown for neocd , I have one here I never owned a cd system dunno why I bought it. Free of course

STE C
I totally advise getting a NGCD as my toploader has given me 19 years of service and never has any issues. Must say getting older NG titles on cd is not as cheap as it once was, I saw a copy of Mutation Nation go for 50 quid on ebay and my Ninja Warriors was £55 but all the SS games are still reasonable as are the Fatal Furys. KOF games are ok if you stick to single play, 95 being pretty fast and a great game which is otherwise cheap.

bogard
STE C wrote:

I totally advise getting a NGCD as my toploader has given me 19 years of service and never has any issues. Must say getting older NG titles on cd is not as cheap as it once was, I saw a copy of Mutation Nation go for 50 quid on ebay and my Ninja Warriors was £55 but all the SS games are still reasonable as are the Fatal Furys. KOF games are ok if you stick to single play, 95 being pretty fast and a great game which is otherwise cheap.

i think all retro game prices are on the rise.so £$50 is ok for a game that's in good condition.but yes,neo cd is a good way to go if you have a budget in mind.

Phexe
I finally found WindJammers for a good price but the label was ruined but luckily there is a guy local to me that does repro MVS kit boxes, anti-static bags and labels for really nice price.

i.imgur.com/dWRGFJw.jpg
i.imgur.com/28ACeh8.jpg
i.imgur.com/1h7VG7X.jpg
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the least...

www.phexe.com
Jump to Forum: