Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 4054
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bought a new NEO GEO game? - tell us about it here
Sensi
s25.postimg.org/n9j61v3hb/Last_Hope_Front.jpg

s25.postimg.org/5ysr9ubtr/Laste_Hope_Inside.jpg

s25.postimg.org/4xsikpuu7/Last_Hope_Back.jpg

s25.postimg.org/5801429gf/Laste_Hope_Manual.jpg

cthulhu
Sensi: Damn! That's a nice thing to get.

What arrived today, finally some more MVS cartridges:

lh5.googleusercontent.com/-8MQbBaSjKDM/VGuex7wNbZI/AAAAAAAAA-w/ISCUG9oLoYM/w989-h657-no/Metal%2BSlug%2BX.jpg

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-OwCXohDnHfo/VGuea-5LJsI/AAAAAAAAA-g/SBFDAgK7fSM/w989-h657-no/Garou%2BMark%2Bof%2Bthe%2BWolves.jpg
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Sensi
Yeah, the game stood on mine 'must have AES list'.
The artwork of the manual and box is great.

Nice pick, Metal Slug X for MVS! Still looking for that one, also for MVS. Where did you get it?

cthulhu
Sensi wrote:
Nice pick, Metal Slug X for MVS! Still looking for that one, also for MVS. Where did you get it?

I bought it from a member at Nozomi.nl (a Dutch Arcade/ gaming forum)...pretty good deal as well.
My arcade stuff

priest
Finally I had a chance to add 'TOP HUNTER - RODDY & CATHY' to my AES collection.

"Beskrivning

Jap Top Hunter i mycket bra skick, ingen solblekning och hel plasthållare. Orginal såklart
Fraktfritt vid köp nu"

tradera.com/item/301702/221361206/top-h ... -item-main

Spoiler Alert! To See The Content, Just Click On The Image!
img.tradera.net/images/051/198436051_69a473b1-b263-4d70-ab41-306c1a5ee22c.jpg

img.tradera.net/images/051/198436051_4cd3da0e-c3cf-487d-8e92-ac924bfdc548.jpg

img.tradera.net/images/051/198436051_6618526d-3f4d-4149-a1a7-70564e7d94f6.jpg

img.tradera.net/images/051/198436051_acbfc5ba-df37-466b-a709-b221ef122291.jpg

img.tradera.net/images/051/198436051_97fb86d5-952a-4e1e-b22c-069f44437fbb.jpg

YouTube Video

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Chiba3010
It's been many months since I last posted here but life, as we know, has a tendency to shuffle priorities as time goes by. Though my appearances at NGFL have been scarce (as have been my funds for new AES games), my love of all things SNK hasn't wavered. After re-focusing my game collecting efforts over the past few months on building up my Atari Lynx library due to its comparative affordability (only one title left and I'll have a complete set of all retail-released Lynx games Grin), I've been fortunate enough to finally get my hands on another Neo Geo cart. This modestly-good title is my latest AES acquisition!

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg

I scored the Dog Tag release Eightman cart and case (no manual) on eBay for about $95 shipped. Not bad! Smile
Edited by Chiba3010 on 11. December 2014 21:32
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

Henke
Congrats to a great game Priest!

I bought Thrash Rally today (US), complete in wonderful condition. Haven't had the time to try it yet, but I think I'll like it.

EDIT: Ohh. always wanted to try Eightman!

Chiba3010
Wow, Priest- I'd imagined your AES library was pretty much complete by now! Wink Congrats on scoring a copy of Top Hunter, that's another quality Neo platformer still on my "wanted" list. Looks to incorporate some of the best gameplay elements from Gunstar Heroes and Bionic Commando and is visually stunning, too. Enjoy! Thumbs Up

Chiba3010
Henke wrote:
Ohh. always wanted to try Eightman!

Though perhaps a bit underwhelming, Eightman isn't too shabby, IMO. Granted, it's relatively short but I honestly think if it was much longer, the repetitive nature of the action would begin to undermine its enjoyment. The gameplay, while not vey deep, is solid. It's fast, colorful and fun for a quick session- probably even more so with a second player (I haven't tried 2P mode yet). Certainly worth checking out via emulation to see if you'd like to buy a copy, too!

LIFE_IN_2D
Eight Man can be fun, with a 12 pack and a buddy to play 2P. Pretty cheesey game, but cheesey in a good way.

Welcome back Chiba, good to see you are well!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Chiba3010
Thanks, 2D! It's nice to be back visiting the boards again. Terry

Yep, Eightman on the Neo is a cheese-fest for sure. Kind of funny, really, as my first exposure to the series was the "Eightman After" anime which is actually quite gory and violent- like an anime version of Robocop hopped up on speed, steroids and PCP. Kind of jarring to see how goofy the game is, but I believe it pre-dates "After" by several years, anyway and is more closely tied to the earlier, tamer anime and manga series.

cthulhu
Again welcome back Chiba!

My two latest aquisitions are both Last Blade games for MVS. I especially love the first one.
My arcade stuff

Sensi
The finish of the NG.DEV games are topnotch.
The artwork is much more aggressive compared to NEO XYX, it's wonderful.

Razion (MVS) - New Full Kit - with pre-order extras

Shockbox Front
s25.postimg.org/mkfq2zzvj/Razion_Front.jpg

Shockbox Back
s25.postimg.org/v1f8dx4kf/Razion_Back.jpg

Inside with some stickers, postcard
s25.postimg.org/myh22ljz3/Razion_Inlay.jpg

Little peek in manual
s25.postimg.org/6oqvzp9b3/Razion_Manual.jpg

s25.postimg.org/6enyu3k2n/Razion_Marque.jpg

Soundtrack
s25.postimg.org/8ki9olnj3/Razion_Soundtrack.jpg

Three posters total, two photos
s25.postimg.org/9o2e0k867/Razion_Poster1.jpg

s25.postimg.org/eb8g2bvj3/Razion_Poster2.jpg
Edited by Sensi on 13. December 2014 23:21

Chiba3010
Looks fantastic, Sensi. And they certainly pulled out all the stops on the extras! I wish I had the capital on hand for an AES copy of this one, it looks amazing. Congrats! Thumbs Up

Sensi
Thanks Chiba.

It doesn't look like, but it's for MVS. The cartridge is made of wood and it smells so nice Wink
In the past I did order Fast Striker and Gunlord both for MVS, with the same (cartridge) finish but without all the extras. This whole package is again so damn nice, it's like the real thing although not approved by SNK (Playmore). The AES version was quickly sold out, but isn't ready to ship yet if I'm correct.

Last Hope was the only AES game I bought from them and that one also didn't disapoint.
NG DEV has confirmed they are working on a new project, but it will not be a new shoot 'm up.

merlin
Congrats Sensi. Love that artwork. I'll be interested to read your thoughts about Razion.

reelmojo
I finally got King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A! I can't wait to have time to really dive into it as I really like KOF 2006 (KOF:MI2).

On a side note, how many SNK fighters are Japanese exclusives? I can only think of KOF:MIRA and Buriki One for certain, but it's possible some of the other HNG64 games never left Japan as well.

NeoGeoNinja
Sensi wrote:

Thanks Chiba.

It doesn't look like, but it's for MVS. The cartridge is made of wood and it smells so nice Wink
In the past I did order Fast Striker and Gunlord both for MVS, with the same (cartridge) finish but without all the extras. This whole package is again so damn nice, it's like the real thing although not approved by SNK (Playmore). The AES version was quickly sold out, but isn't ready to ship yet if I'm correct.

Last Hope was the only AES game I bought from them and that one also didn't disapoint.
NG DEV has confirmed they are working on a new project, but it will not be a new shoot 'm up.

Hi Sensi.

Any updates concerning your thoughts on RAZION?

It just looked like a Dux v3 to me, but maybe it's better than that...?

Congrats on getting a copy anyway.

I fancied an AES copy myself, but was completely broke financially when they announced the pre-order window :(
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:

I finally got King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A! I can't wait to have time to really dive into it as I really like KOF 2006 (KOF:MI2).

On a side note, how many SNK fighters are Japanese exclusives? I can only think of KOF:MIRA and Buriki One for certain, but it's possible some of the other HNG64 games never left Japan as well.

Reg.A was alright. I got that too years and years ago. I enjoyed Mizuguchi and Ash in that.

The MI series was alright tbh, on the whole. I think ppl were just concerned it might have become the mainstay for the KOF series, had it gained more momentum and popularity. Which is understandable, considering how well XIII turned out in the end...
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

priest
It´s been a while since I last added games to my MVS collection...Time to do something about that, and these will do nicely Yummy ...Almost as much fun to receive a complete MVS kit as it is to get my hands on a new and complete AES game Beard

I bought them off UncleTom (AT)

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/ssv.jpg

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/RBFFS.jpg

i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/priestsixsixsix/BTG.jpg
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Jump to Forum: