Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 4054
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bought a new NEO GEO game? - tell us about it here
merlin
Thanks Priest! I sometimes wonder if it would be worth having a feedback thread in the
buying/selling area of the forum but perhaps it's not worth it with that section being so quiet.

It's nice to actually be able to post in here and say I bought a new Neo Geo game. I finally received my copy of Andro Dunos NGCD. The artwork may not be to everyone's taste but I think it's great that this really nice shooter is finally officially released for NGCD. One mistake NCI did make is that they made the spine card a bit too long.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/AndroDunos_zpsce331845.jpg

DarakuTenshi
Oh they finally released it!

The art on that game always reminded me of something that would be on the cover of a TurboGrafx game.

merlin
I was starting to wonder if it would ever be released. I would have preferred the original artwork but don't hate the new artwork like some people do. I wonder if hitorkori has received his copy yet.

Will be interesting to see what NCI are planning to do next. I'm guessing maybe Bang Bead NGCD/AES.

hitorkori
[quote]merlin wrote:

I was starting to wonder if it would ever be released. I would have preferred the original artwork but don't hate the new artwork like some people do. I wonder if hitorkori has received his copy yet.

not received mine yet ordered & paid for it on 1/11/13 so any day soon I hope !
did you get a chance to play it yet merlin has it got audio music in background or just sound fx ?

aint bang bead already out ?

merlin
hitorkori wrote:
not received mine yet ordered & paid for it on 1/11/13 so any day soon I hope !
did you get a chance to play it yet merlin has it got audio music in background or just sound fx ?

aint bang bead already out ?

I've played the game on my CDZ hitorkori and yes it does have the background music. It's just like playing the cart version since there is only loading time at the very start.

Bang Bead is still MVS only. NCI did mention on their Facebook page that they might release it. I would be more interested in CD versions of Ganryu and Puzzle de Pon R personally.

hitorkori
received game yesterday see what you mean about spine card be lucky to play it thou as so busy over weekend

DarakuTenshi
hitorkori wrote:
I would be more interested in CD versions of Ganryu and Puzzle de Pon R personally.

I'd second that for Ganryu. Though I still need to get a Neo CD system.

k1ngarth3r
I picked up a couple of US/Euro release AES titles today.

ViewPoint
i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo207/K1ngArth3r/ViewPoint_zpsa765715b.jpg

Mutation Nation
i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo207/K1ngArth3r/MutationNation_zps350906c0.jpg

I've been playing viewpoint this morning, I had a few goes (about 12 credits worth) and couldn't get past level-1 Shrug

Mutation Nation i'm hoping will grow on me with a bit of time, i've got it on the MVS also but not really played it properly like I have with similar games (Robo Army and Burning Fight). I found that with Robo Army and Burning Fight they grew on me the more I played them.

merlin
Nice purchases k1ngarth3r. Most people find Viewpoint very difficult. I'm sure it won't take you long to get good at the first stage. That crab boss in stage 2 can be a bit of a nightmare though!

Mutation Nation is pretty good. I like all the weird mutants you have to fight.

Don't know if it would interest you but there's a thread where you can post a photo of your collection if you want to:

http://www.neogeo...ad_id=2992

k1ngarth3r
I'll be sure to check the thread you linked out, if only to admire everyone else's collections Smile

I got another US release today (I think this will be the last one for the year unless some bargains appear).

i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo207/K1ngArth3r/SamuraiShodownIII_zpse5b250ca.jpg

cthulhu
Finally decided to buy a MVS Motherboard and decided on the MV-1B because of its size (it's tiny!)...also bought Metal Slug 3.

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/MVSMS3.jpg
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

LIFE_IN_2D
@ k1ngarth3r - Wow, Viewpoint must've cost a pretty penny.I REALLY wish I had Mutation Nation on AES, I have it on MVS. It "Feels" like a home console release, so I play it on my AES, via MVS-AES converter. Really awesome game, imo, the punch soundFX make it so fun to punch-in mutant faces.

@ cthulhu - What made you finally decide to go MVS, I know you're a big AES collector? Also, MS3 is my favorite of the series, love all the campy horror/sci-fi .
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
@ cthulhu - What made you finally decide to go MVS, I know you're a big AES collector? Also, MS3 is my favorite of the series, love all the campy horror/sci-fi .

I really love the AES, but the beyond rediculous prices of the games I still really want have spoilt it for me. I just can't justify spending more than 600 Euro for only one game when I can get the same game for the MVS for much much less...the box and booklet isn't worth that much money to me. People who say that the rediculous prices are justified are in my opinion to blame for the AES price inflation the last couple of years. In 2008 I could get Ninja Master's for around 600 Euro on Ebay, but now it's way beyond that...it's just not fun anymore to buy an AES game, so I switched now to the economy friendly MVS.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

k1ngarth3r
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

@ k1ngarth3r - Wow, Viewpoint must've cost a pretty penny.I REALLY wish I had Mutation Nation on AES, I have it on MVS. It "Feels" like a home console release, so I play it on my AES, via MVS-AES converter. Really awesome game, imo, the punch soundFX make it so fun to punch-in mutant faces.

Yeah viewpoint certainly wasn't cheap but was cheaper than Samurai Shodown III I picked up the other day.

I haven't tried Mutation Nation on the home system yet, I really need to give it more of a chance... I'm hoping the later levels look and feel better than the earlier ones do... Not sure Im keen on the enemies on stage 1 but i'll give it a chance... I do like the US artwork on this game Smile

k1ngarth3r
Really pleased to get these 3 games

i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo207/K1ngArth3r/BA63F623-E4E7-4ED7-AE40-784A337C94A4_zpsliruxdkz.jpg

I now have all 14 games released with style box art Smile

NeoGeoNinja
k1ngarth3r wrote:

Really pleased to get these 3 games

i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo207/K1ngArth3r/BA63F623-E4E7-4ED7-AE40-784A337C94A4_zpsliruxdkz.jpg

I now have all 14 games released with style box art Smile

Cool pick ups. Don't own Ghost Pilots or Thrash Rally but might do one day, although, I'd be opting for the JPN versions myself. I played Ghost Pilots at a games expo this year and... yeah, it was ok. Not in any rush for it.

So... this must mean you own The Super Spy as well then? Pfft
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

So... this must mean you own The Super Spy as well then? Pfft

HEY!

Anybody with The Super Spy in his collection, should be PROUD to own it, FUCKING PROUD.

You got that, eh, boyo?!?! Andy

: p

-----------------
As for the 3 new games k1ngarth3r bought, I've never played any of them. I think I have Thrash Rally on multicart, got shit shit-faced and play it someday.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
HEY!

Anybody with The Super Spy in his collection, should be PROUD to own it, FUCKING PROUD.

You got that, eh, boyo?!?! Andy

Soz...

Hobo with Shotgun 2
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

k1ngarth3r
I have The Super Spy, haven't got round to playing it properly yet, it can't be that bad can it? Smile

Thrash Rally supposed to be very good, not sure about Ghost Pilots though, not played that yet - I'm playing AOF2 at the moment to be honest.

I have Puzzled on the MVS, it's something different to have in my collection I guess...

LIFE_IN_2D
Just bought Magician Lord. I'd include a picture, but it's really not a game to bragg about owning. My cheap-ass AES collection is coming along.

Only "high dollar" AES cart I want is Miracle Adventure/ Spin Master.

Anybody want to sell it to me?
Cool

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jump to Forum: