Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 4054
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bought a new NEO GEO game? - tell us about it here
merlin
That was a great deal Murikov and below what it normally seems to go for these days. I think I paid around $135 for my copy but that was some years ago. Wonderful game. Nice purchase.

@Salvio Thumbs Up

lee gray
Brought AES World heroes 2 last week.
Only 90 bucks with seal still attached.

LIFE_IN_2D
I bought MS1 (FINALLY) and Last Resort ( boy, do I love this game).
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Murikov
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
I bought MS1 (FINALLY) and Last Resort ( boy, do I love this game).

MVS versions I suppose? However, Last Resort remains as one of my favorite titles on the Neo as well. An incredible game, only after getting used to the gameplay you realize how awesome it actually is (but short unfortunately)!
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Salvio007
I've finally finished printing all my currently owned original MVS game inserts ( done all in my office on our new printerThumbs Up )

In the last few weeks I've purchased over 20 carts and about 90% of my collection has almost mint labels/serials and a few of my carts (wakuwaku7, SvC and ROTD) have 3 digit serials! Woot!
I've learned a lot here at NGFL and it's thanks to all of you - As a kid, I've always dreamed of owning a Big Red and now I have one (which BTW is about 80% restored).

I'll be converting the joysticks to Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT sticks using a Home Depot knockout box cover to adapt to the US standard fitting. This is so that the sticks fit perfectly without having to damage/modify my cabinet control panel.
I'll be posting pics soon Smile - I have Samurai Shodown V (Japanese - got it for the extras that have been removed from US version), Ragnagard and Galaxy Fight - all coming in the mail to me next week! (been waiting forever to find Ragnagard!!)

I've attached some pictures, check out my collection so far guys!
When I got my Big Red, I was broke and had no games so I bought a 161 Multicart to hold me off until I got my originals.
I couldn't find an insert for the 161 in 1 so I went ahead and created one using BigBear's template.
I use it so that I don't ruin my originals lol

My beautiful PGM 1 & 2 on bottom shelf too - Special Thanks to Merlin, Priest and Cthulu for getting me hooked to IGS/PGM

Sal
Salvio007 attached the following images:
img_20130327_224607.jpg img_20130327_224804.jpg img_20130327_224415.jpg img_20130327_224149.jpg

25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

priest
Salvio: Oooooooohhhh!!!! That is one sexy bookcase. I really like the work you´ve put into printing all of those covers Thumbs Up

...It´s also nice to read about your collection thus far.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Salvio007
priest wrote:

Salvio: Oooooooohhhh!!!! That is one sexy bookcase. I really like the work you´ve put into printing all of those covers Thumbs Up

...It´s also nice to read about your collection thus far.

Thanks brother Wink - Believe it or not, bookcase was from Target $110

I stood up all night to re-install the control panel (which I had sandblasted and re-painted) , the NOS panel overlay and installed my new Sanwa Joysticks.
Night and day with USA standard joysticks!! Tested it out on SNK Vs Capcom and Hadoken's came out as fluent as ever...I'm in loveJoe

I've attached some pics - I went with the Wico solid Red - these things are made of the same material as Pool Table balls! - I had no clue.. (also got myself the black 8-Ball tops for my NeoGeo-X controller LOL)
Notice the shine on the NOS Overlay and the new paint job fully cured just right Smile

I'll post before and after pics on another thread when I'm completely done.

Sal
Salvio007 attached the following images:
sanwa_sticks_panel_2.jpg sanwa_sticks_panel_1.jpg neogeo-x.jpg

25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

merlin
Very nice collection you've got there Salvio and I like how you've displayed them. Thumbs Up
Those MVS inserts you printed out look great. If I was building an MVS collection I would be the same and just go for carts with original labels in good condition. If I played even a very small part in helping you get hooked on the awesome PGM then I'm glad.

Salvio007
merlin wrote:

Very nice collection you've got there Salvio and I like how you've displayed them. Thumbs Up
Those MVS inserts you printed out look great. If I was building an MVS collection I would be the same and just go for carts with original labels in good condition. If I played even a very small part in helping you get hooked on the awesome PGM then I'm glad.

You sure did bro and thanks!
BTW - got those PGM carts you recommended and FREE shipping!!
Can't thank you enough man Headbang 2

merlin
Good to hear those PGM carts arrived Salvio and I'm glad I could help. That was a pretty good deal. Smile

DarakuTenshi
Over the past couple weeks I've been ordering stuff from the net... this is what has come in so far.
img824.imageshack.us/img824/4762/photoapr0254441pm.jpg
I picked up:
• 7 count of empty NGPC cases
• Shanghi Mini
• NOS Neo-Geo Pocket Color
which came with this dumb Aruze Slot Machine game
• NGPC Wireless Adaptor

DarakuTenshi
Just got another little toy in the mail today... I'm a bit upset that KOF 97 should arrive tomorrow and I leave tomorrow at 6am to head to Texas for a couple days. Oh, well it will be nice to play when I get back.

As for my new toy I got a new Neo-Geo AES
img824.imageshack.us/img824/3857/photoapr0480449pm.jpg

But...
Spoiler Alert! To See The Content, Just Click On The Image!
My NGPC games don't even fit in it img248.imageshack.us/img248/1810/photoapr0480514pm.jpg

Perspective is everything.

Sensi
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and will check it regularly now I'm a member.
I already own a modified AES, but I'm expecting the Analogue wooden MVS at the end of the month. Excited to collect some great MVS games.
My first games are Goal Goal Goal (11 EUR/$14) and Double Dragon (20 EUR/$26) from a Dutch Ebay seller, I won them for a reasonable price in my opinion.
I already ordered a bunch of shockboxes with inserts for games I will buy in the future, so Im looking forward to enjoy my Neo Geo MVS and this forum. Cheers Smile

DarakuTenshi
Reasonable compared to the Double Dragon I just bought a few months back for $150 on AES... yes I'd say that's more than reasonable.

DarakuTenshi
Well, here is '97
imageshack.us/scaled/landing/198/photoapr0773007pm.jpg
Can't wait to see 2001 hit my mailbox.

RiKo
haha i like your bijou AES Daraku, Pretty cool it has the gold lettering on the controller too Wink

i always wondered who were the morons who would scratch off the gold paint on the real ones? I mean you pay that much for something then you damage it. I bet they were the same one who threw the boxes out and kept the cartridges....

Congrats on 97 and 2001 too! Thumbs Up. 2002 is my fav of all King of Fighters, then 98 and 96 i think Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Sensi
Nice one Daraku, where did you get it/them?
Edited by Sensi on 08. April 2013 18:02

DarakuTenshi
Most of my stuff I get from eBay... I just watch for killer deals rather than jumping on the inflated cost games. The NGPC I bought off of a random website (which was a huge gamble that paid off). I got the NGPC (NOS) Along with the game, and the Wireless Adaptor for only $70.

DarakuTenshi
Alright KOF 2001 came in the mail today... I took a pic but for some reason it didn't save. I'm too lazy to take another one, besides I guess everyone knows what it looks like. I've not had time to really sit and play it yet

Sensi
Metal Slug 2 full kit:

img713.imageshack.us/img713/826/dscn1494k.jpg

Metal Slug 1 kit, without cartridge:

img24.imageshack.us/img24/4315/dscn1499i.jpg

The same seller gave me some free kit pieces for Neo Geo Cup and Super Sidekicks 2:

img199.imageshack.us/img199/5127/dscn1500.JPG

Last but not least a huge order of shockboxes from Dan, great quality:

img845.imageshack.us/img845/713/dscn1502c.jpg

img856.imageshack.us/img856/9253/dscn1503on.jpg
s7.postimg.org/sk9u8o4y3/KOF_new.jpg

Jump to Forum: