Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NEO-GEO man
Thread ID: 4042
Thread Info
There are 31 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4324 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Automatic login
Shiny
Haha, I've heard that loads but since Dell bought them, believe it or not, the build quality has gone up and the price down. In all seriousness, I wouldn't trade mine for anything else. Recently Eurogamer tried to out-spec Alienware for less cash by building a system themselves. They succeeded on paper but failed in actual real-life gaming performance.

I used to build PCs for Snap-On years back so I get it but I just prefer to let the boys at Alienware do their thing, especially with laptops. The other day I finished Spec Ops: The Line (game of the year BTW) with maxed out GFX settings on an 11" laptop through a HDTV. On paper, spec-wise, that isn't even possible yet here I am.

Plus, I like the lights. Grin
Edited by Shiny on 03. August 2012 15:38
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

NEO-GEO man
I HATE the lights!!! I play games and movies on a 125 inch screen and lights affect the contrast ratio by quite alot. Its amazing how much they light up the room when you want total darkness. I dont know what parts Alienware use now, but as far as i know they arent assembled by skilled workers.

NEO-GEO man
I meant to say issue may not yet be fixed, im on my iPhone at the moment and had to log in again!!

Shiny
NEO-GEO man wrote:

I HATE the lights!!! I play games and movies on a 125 inch screen and lights affect the contrast ratio by quite alot. Its amazing how much they light up the room when you want total darkness. I dont know what parts Alienware use now, but as far as i know they arent assembled by skilled workers.

Meh, turn the lights off. Thar be a button for that, didn't you know... I don't think I'd be so bold as to consider workers of a lesser skill because they're paid less or live in China.

Bottom line is both build and performance is top of the line and they look mean as fuck. Blue Mary

Kazuya_UK
Logout of the site and log back in and let me know how you get on from now. Changed something, not sure if it's fixed it but with any luck we'll be ok now... Pray

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
NEO-GEO man
[url=http://neogeoforlife.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4042&pid=58611#post_58611]Shiny wrote:

Meh, turn the lights off. Thar be a button for that, didn't you know... I don't think I'd be so bold as to consider workers of a lesser skill because they're paid less or live in China.

Bottom line is both build and performance is top of the line and they look mean as fuck. Blue Mary

not all do have a means to turn off the lights.

The people putting these together are not trade skilled workers, youre kidding yourself if you think DeLL would pay for that. The fact they are paid less or work in China means there is an exceptionally good chance they are being exploited, someone at the top is making 20 lifetimes worth of money and paying them next to nothing for it.

Im sure youre happy with what youve got, but i want the BEST for the amount i spend, and for what youd have spent to get what i got back when i built my current rig wouldve been nothing short of crazy. Youve probably got a better video card though cause i never bought a newer one since i dont play games on the PC anymore, so my trusty old 9800GT is plenty and no need to replace it.

Last Alienware i saw here had mostly proprietry parts in it, and that is BAD. Hate to have to repair one!! I used to tripple the price instantly to repair a DeLL or other simular brand name PC cause i just didnt want the work.
Edited by NEO-GEO man on 05. August 2012 01:45

Shiny
Whatever you say NEO-GEO man.

NEO-GEO man
Same line again? Grin

NEO-GEO man
I reckon youve got it sorted this time Kaz Wink 2 days and no issues mate

Kazuya_UK
Yea there were two issues I think:

1. Something server side that I changed... It never made a difference to the old cms but the latest php fusion didn't seem to like it.

2. There's a new setting that allows you to stop people staying logged in on multiple devices. That's fine, but by default it is on, so when I upgraded it was enabled. It caused me issues as I couldn't stay logged I at work, home and on the iPhone. All sorted now and I have not logged out once Smile

Glad it seems ok for everyone else!

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
NEO-GEO man
Yeah mate it hasnt been an issue since then Wink

Jump to Forum: