3D Stick FPS
boogiepop
is the new champion in
Pacman with 124330 points
Pacman

Thread Author: bojan4o
Thread ID: 4016
Thread Info
There are 4 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 636 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
video games critics reviews
bojan4o
Seriously who ever writes these reviews should just take the reviews shove them up in his ass and then take them out and just eat them especially the reviews about the neo-geo and all of the rest
For example there is a game released for the nes in 1984 excite bike and this guy says i don't like the fraphics the game is good but tbhe graphics shouldve been beter come on its 84 game
this guy looks like some idiot who wants to get easy money and has 23 years never played neogeo or nes games before just started playing them and because he was playing his ps3 till now and nothing else looks like he likes topiss on every last games although he likes some of them the comments about them are inappropriate. and
maybe for him every future game fighting game will be sf 2 clone even after 50 years from now we swill enter in a cube or something like that were we will start punching kicking and stuff with our bodies and the fighters on the game will do the same for him will be sf 2 copy or clone and yea that would be an arcade game lol
http://videogamec...ogeoad.htm
Edited by bojan4o on 12. July 2012 15:54
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

reelmojo
I actually thought about starting a site once that highlights the sometimes absurd things that are written in mainstream reviews whether it be completely missing the point of something obvious or just straight up giving the reader false information. Gamespot's reviews of Golden Axe: Beast Rider and Duke Nukem Forever are two great examples. In Beast Rider they say that you can't interrupt an attack animation with a counter which you absolutely can. Then they bitch that the game doesn't have enough exploration when it's a freaking beat'em up! Sure, it's a 3D evolution of a beat'em up, but would you complain that the original Golden Axe doesn't have exploration? Exploration is a main feature of a different genre... it's like complaining that Assassin's Creed doesn't have race cars.

As far as Duke Nukem Forever goes, Gamespot's reviewer (and much of the world) clearly had some delusional misconception that the game was going to be Call of Duty: Duke Nukem Edition. It wasn't. It was always going to be an old school first person shooter through and through. If you wanted it to be something else that's your own damned fault. And another huge WTF moment comes from the reviewer not getting that the ending is a parody of Modern Warfare. These are only two small examples, but I remember this review being almost 100% full of misrepresentation.

Yeah, if I ever actually had the time to do anything I'd love to start a YouTube channel that exposes bullshit mainstream reviews for what they are.

Bullet
Reviews are opinions. It doesn't matter if you get paid to give them or not.
Everyone who reviews a game brings different experiences to the table, so they may see each game differently from you or I. Use your own experiences and interests to inform your choices. No one has final say on if something is good or not. If you like it and a reviewer does not, its no big deal. In the end you still get to enjoy whatever games you chose to buy, regardless of what any review says.

As far as Golden Axe Beast Rider goes tho, that game is an abomination, that isn't worth the disc it's printed on and isn't the evolution of anything. It's not even soooo bad that it swings back around to being good, but that's just my opinion.

I also don't think people want to read reviews for information. I believe most people use them these days to validate their purchase or intent to purchase and if the review is in opposition to that then they get upset.
Edited by Bullet on 12. July 2012 21:32
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

DarakuTenshi
My favorite and most respected video game cridict is Keith Apicary ... and I love his music videos too.
YouTube Video

Jump to Forum: