Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: DarakuTenshi
Thread ID: 4012
Thread Info
There are 20 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1604 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Problem with my new AES game
DarakuTenshi
I've never run into this issue before, and I'm wondering if anyone else has.

I bought Ghost Piolets the other day and when I play it of course the bios music and everything pop up. Then the game starts and there is no music. I start the game and I got a couple notes of music then some shooting noise. After that I heard an explosion (I blew up a plane) now nothing! No music no sound effects!

I've tried taking the game out resetting and everything but now the only music I get is from the Bios itself.

RiKo
Well i've had that on games a few times before when the cartridge needed to be re-inserted so try cleaning the cartridge first see if that helps.

If not it could be a wire has come loose and needs soldering. (My Breakers Revenge cart was lacking some sound effects and it turned out to be that). I am not very technical with my Neo Geo games so someone else can hopefully help more.
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Chiba3010
I second RiKo's recommendations. I've had sound issues with a few AES carts that are similar to yours, with either no audio at all, distorted or limited sound effects and/or music. For me, a good connector-cleaning and re-insertion solved the issues every time!

Failing that, NeoGeoMan is amazingly knowledgeable regarding technical advice and techniques- he'd be the first NGFL member I'm familiar with who I'd contact if cleaning doesn't work. Good luck!
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

DarakuTenshi
I tried taking it out and reinserting... that did not work. I'll try checking the pins to see if it's just a cleaning.

NEO-GEO man
You wont see anything by looking, you will need to clean the terminals on the cart edges with isopropyl alcohol wipes or cotton wool buds ( q-tips?? )

If you feel it is quite tight or stiff to push in and take out, that means its dirty. It should slip in very easily.

Give that a go, and it may probably fix it.

DarakuTenshi
Oh yeah, I know that. I do that quite often with my NES games. I just don't have any alcohol here in San Antonio so I may have to pray and hope that when I get home that there wont be any other issues. Then again... I may just want to go ahead and buy some alcohol just to make sure so I can take the game back if it still doesn't work I guess.

bojan4o
Sometimes is better to know things other just to guess them
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

NEO-GEO man
If you dont, then maybe try an eraser of sorts, a rubber type one, for pencil. Rub that on the board terminals.

DarakuTenshi
Well, I tried the age old solution...
www.michael-weinstein.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mm_poster1.jpg

It worked for a little while but then it went out again. Considering re-inserting the game didn't do anything but that did. I'm confident that I just needs a good cleaning.

NEO-GEO man
Sounds more like the console needs a good cleaning to me!!

DarakuTenshi
Well, I determined it's the game and a combination of the TV that I was using. I plugged headphones into the AES phono jack and my newest game and Super Spy worked just fine. But Ghost Pilot still crashes a few seconds into the game. I bought some swabs and alcohol but it did nothing. After cleaning it the swabs were actually quite clean, and the game didn't seem like it was very dirty at all.
I guess I'll have to bring it back and get something else.

NEO-GEO man
You need to clean the console first!!

priest
DarakuTenshi: Like NEO GEO man already said try cleaning the console first, it might help...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NEO-GEO man
Yes for sure, just cause the other games work, doesnt mean anything!!

Henke
I also have a game that sounds bad. Some noise. I thought it was the cart that was dirty, but do you think i have to clean the console as well? I have 11 other games and none of them has any sound issues.

priest
Henke: try to experiment when you insert the game in the AES. Sometimes it may help to 'wigle' the cart a bit. Have you inspected the contacts on this cart, do they seem worn?

Henke
Thanks for fast reply Priest, but it was only dirty contacts on the cart!
I cleaned them with a "Tops" (don't know what you call them in US).
Didn't even use alcohol so I guess it wasn't that dirty after all.
Should have tried cleaning before posting about it but
I was just worried because I thought I got a bad conversion or something :$

priest
Henke: No worries Smile I guess that I assumed that you had already cleaned the cart.

...Which cart was the 'dirty' one, it wasn´t one of the games that you bought from me...Or was it???Grin

Henke
priest wrote:
it wasn´t one of the games that you bought from me...Or was it???Grin

Oh no, I assume your games has been cleaned and purified with holy water, hahSmile

No, it was a copy of Shock Troopers. Guess I was so excited about getting it that i freaked out a bit when the sound issues came up Shock

priest
Whhhhhhhheeeeeeewwww!!!! <- Sigh of relief GrinWink

...Well as you surely know: 'Cleanliness is next to godliness' PrayCool

Jump to Forum: