Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: NEO-GEO man
Thread ID: 4005
Thread Info
There are 66 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5959 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Who plays NEO-GEO on genuine hardware??
Supergrafx
DarakuTenshi wrote:
Supergrafx wrote:
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/magnus11/neo1.jpg

As soon as I saw this pic my jaw dropped. I've never seen those style cabinets ever.

The cab on the left and the one in the centre are genuine Neo machines made for the oceania region. The one on the right is made in Italy using inch thick board which makes it as heavy as f*ck. It's my favorite cab to play on and it houses a single slot MVS with a 150 in 1 multi cart.

2D those things were said to you in confidence and i'm disapointed you have chosen to make them public. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like me to tell everyone about your sick chihuahua fetish.

priest
[b]2D those things were said to you in confidence and i'm disapointed you have chosen to make them public. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like me to tell everyone about your sick chihuahua fetish.

Hahahahah, we´re like one big family here at NGFL. There shouldn´t be any secrets between us Smile

EDIT: Nice cabs, Supergrafx!
Edited by priest on 09. July 2012 21:18
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NEO-GEO man
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
DT, those cab are probably Aussie exclusives. Everything is weird in the land of OZ -- I heard they have carnal relations with koalas and wallabies there... SGFX told me himself!

Thats a West Australian thing mate, there is only Queensland and 6 hangers on.

I had one of those LAI red cabs but a 4 slotter, i gave it to a friend of mine a few years ago though.

NEO-GEO man
cthulhu wrote:
NEO-GEO man wrote:
What do you mean? You only like the Japan region? Playing them with a UniBIOS in Japan region is identical to using the original BIOS!! Once you remove the standard BIOS, the machine is no longer any given region unless you install another original BIOS chip.

Of course I know that, but my system was PAL and I was too lazy to open the AES up again and cut the jumper to make the system NTSC...besides, I like to have my japanese systems unmodded (I'm kind of a purist in that way).

Lucky you didnt, there is abit more to making a PAL console NTSC then just cutting one jumper!! That would only make it PAL 60, which is better anyway.

Chiba3010
Haven't modded or installed the unibios chip in my current AES for two reasons. Firstly, call me overly sentimental or obsessively nostalgic if you wish, but I want the original, retail-released console that SNK wished it to be. The same product I wished to buy but could only dream of as a teenager.

Secondly, I searched extensively for a (relatively) higher-capacity memory card. Cards compatible and charged up for use right out of the box- options absent from than the cadaver-cards with batteries on life-support of which the majority are useless without a soldering iron and techniques new and unnerving to me. Only problem is that third party SRAM cards will not work on systems with unibios installed.

With the large number of games in my library, the benefits outweighs the detriments concerning modding my console. To each their own, I'd rather stick with the system as it was conceived to be enjoyed by retail customers.

Down the line, I'll no doubt make concessions when my CRT television is finally worked to death, then reluctantly settle into investing in a customized Neo for my HDTV set. Wink
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

cthulhu
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Lucky you didnt, there is abit more to making a PAL console NTSC then just cutting one jumper!! That would only make it PAL 60, which is better anyway.

I thought you only had to cut the PAL1 jumper to make the system NTSC 60Hz and that if want to switch between the two modes, you'd have to install a switch between the two contacts. Ah well, maybe I'm confused with the Sega Megadrive which I've modded a couple of years ago, I made a JAMMADrive with the option to choose between 50Hz/ 60Hz and Regions.
My arcade crap

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

NEO-GEO man
Megadrive is the same, it will be PAL 60 and not NTSC. Youll need to change another jumper and replace the colour burst crystal if you want NTSC.

PAL is a superior format anyway, & it comes in both 50 & 60 Hz.

Supergrafx
NEO-GEO man wrote:
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
DT, those cab are probably Aussie exclusives. Everything is weird in the land of OZ -- I heard they have carnal relations with koalas and wallabies there... SGFX told me himself!

Thats a West Australian thing mate, there is only Queensland and 6 hangers on.

I had one of those LAI red cabs but a 4 slotter, i gave it to a friend of mine a few years ago though.

Fact of the matter NG man is that both W.A. and Queensland are carrying the rest of the country. But you guys need to put more effort into bending those bananas as i've noticed many straight ones in the supermarket lately.
Edited by Supergrafx on 12. July 2012 00:09
LIFE_IN_2D and merlin, you're both wankers. I've read all your recent posts and guess what? You're both still wankers.

NEO-GEO man
Youre correct mate yes Wink

cthulhu
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Megadrive is the same, it will be PAL 60 and not NTSC. Youll need to change another jumper and replace the colour burst crystal if you want NTSC.

PAL is a superior format anyway, & it comes in both 50 & 60 Hz.

Ah, didn't know that...thanks. Good that I didn't bother with doing a NTSC mod.
My arcade crap

NEO-GEO man
Well its a waste of time going to that length if you dont need it, and if youre using an RGB output there is no PAL and NTSC anyway. Those are colour encoding formats for composite and s-video signals, as well as for older analog RF transmission. RGB and component are just that, they are neither NTSC or PAL.

The console would display in black and white with a 60Hz mod on an NTSC only TV, due to the colour burst frequency being incorrect.

RiKo
Amazing cabs and collecton Supergrafx. i really wish i had space for just one arcade cab :-(( Although it would prob be a Space Harrier sitdown if i did - sorry Neo Geo fans.

I just use a Jap AES with has been modded with the latest UNIBIOS + blue LED power switch. I do pretty much play all my games in jap format though ->> Miracle Adventure is so much better than Spinmaster :-P

also have a Daedalus convertor so i can play all MVS games inc Metal Slug X with no scaling issues (yay!)

oh and i once had 2 Fatal Fury Specials (beause i didnt realise i already had one). I'm so hardcore
Edited by RiKo on 13. July 2012 19:29
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NEO-GEO man
Some games are better by default on Japan AES yes, but there is a couple that are not as well. Neo Driftout being one of them.

leightonandoff
Genuine formats all the way for me, not just with the Geo but for all my retro gaming delights.
I strongly dislike emulators, the furthest I'd go is a flash cart on the original hardware, as at least then you have a degree of authenticity then, as opposed to using a keyboard on a laptop Thumbs Down
img824.imageshack.us/img824/1425/photo4qj.jpg

NEO-GEO man
Ive never needed to use a keyboard for anything other than emulator setup!! In fact i used genuine original NEO-GEO sticks to play almost all my MAME back before i went back to genuine.

-SD-
Everyone who owns a Neo Geo Pocket gets 100 bonus points and some cake Beard
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

Kazuya_UK
I owned a NGPC but I guess my cake priveliges will have been revoked as I sold it last year! :$

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
cthulhu
I still have a NGPC...me wants cake!!!
My arcade crap

leightonandoff
-SD- wrote:

Awesome. I look forward to my cake when I see you over the weekend then mate. Anything except carrot cake is fine thank you.
Grin
img824.imageshack.us/img824/1425/photo4qj.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
-SD- wrote:

I got two NGPCs.

Now...

1.bp.blogspot.com/-4isomJb83eE/T96zX517i3I/AAAAAAAABGc/5YsgB05tcXc/s1600/fATHERSdAY.jpg
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jump to Forum: