Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: -SD-
Thread ID: 3995
Thread Info
There are 16 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2847 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Andro Dunos - NEO•GEO CD
-SD-
NCI are planning to release Andro Dunos on CD format. No further information at the moment.

Source: Original / Translated
Edited by -SD- on 01. July 2012 22:32
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

DarakuTenshi
Really! What brought this on? I know before I move away from Atlanta that I'm going to have to get my hands on a NeoCD system.
Anyone have one for sale?

merlin
Exciting news! I really like Andro Dunos so have been hoping for this for a while. Would be
wonderful if they also release some more of Visco's MVS titles for NGCD in the future such as
Captain Tomaday, Neo Mr. Do, Puzzle De Pon and especially Ganryu.

That would definitely be a good move getting an NGCD system Daraku. It's nice to be able to get games like Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Pulstar, Twinkle Star Sprites, Viewpoint etc. (which have very short loading times) for a fraction of the price they cost for AES.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

hitorkori
great 3 neo cd games in last 24 monthsClap

NEO-GEO man
Merlin, you only get what you pay for Wink Besides that, you can download the disc image for the NEO-CD and itll cost you about 3 cents for a blank CD

merlin
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Merlin, you only get what you pay for Wink

Not necessarily Neo-Geo Man. Wink

NEO-GEO man wrote:
Besides that, you can download the disc image for the NEO-CD and itll cost you about 3 cents for a blank CD

True but surely it's a lot nicer to have an officially licensed version complete with manual
and spine card in your collection rather than a burned copy of the game? Visco confirmed that B2B was released with their consent so I'm inclined to believe the same is true with all other Visco games NCI release. By buying these releases we are also in a small way supporting Visco Corporation which is surely a good thing.

dhowerter
This is awesome.

BTW, to get the best translation of that article up there, open the page in Google Translate AND Bing Translate and read them together, section, by section, comparing the 2 translations ;-)

Andro Dunos is only the tip of the iceberg though if they're going to start porting former AES cart only games /MVS cart only games (ie. AES and MVS games that were NOT originally officially released on Neo CD) AND unreleased Neo Geo prototypes to the Neo Geo CD!

And yeah, it would be nice to just buy normal (disc, manual, case) versions of these games rather than dling and burning an ISO file.

It's a really cool time to own a Neo Geo CD right now! ^_^

Coligion
Andro Dunos is only the tip of the iceberg though if they're going to start porting former AES cart only games /MVS cart only games (ie. AES and MVS games that were NOT originally officially released on Neo CD) AND unreleased Neo Geo prototypes to the Neo Geo CD!

Yeah, I hope you're right. There's a large number of smaller MEG games that can be converted. I hope NCI can get their hands on some other games besides Visco. In the meantime, I hope they can get Flip Shot released on CD.

Coligion
Does anyone have a guess as to whether or not NCI still plans to release this on the CD system?

merlin
I checked the NCI Facebook page and noticed someone posted that Andro Dunos is now available to pre-order at NeoAyato for a price of $51.99. NeoAyato state that the game will be in stock on 29th March.

http://neo-ayato....s_id=23737

Murikov
merlin wrote:

I checked the NCI Facebook page and noticed someone posted that Andro Dunos is now available to pre-order at NeoAyato for a price of $51.99. NeoAyato state that the game will be in stock on 29th March.

What in all hell is THIS?

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/woah.gif

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/androdunoscover_zpsd18944e3.jpg
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

DarakuTenshi
Insector X?

merlin
LOL

A few people posted negative comments about the artwork on NCI's Facebook page. I expect
it may well be by the same artist who did the art for B2B. I don't think it looks terrible but would have much preferred the original art. Perhaps they can't use that due to copyright.

http://www.arcade..._NEO_A.jpg

Coligion
merlin wrote:

Thanks for the update. I will give this purchase some thought, though I still never even picked up Bang Bang Busters.

DarakuTenshi
You are right it's not horrid... but, it does look very high school final projectish.

-SD-
I think a simple plain white or black cover with just the Andro Dunos logo on it would be better than that atrocity.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

Jump to Forum: