Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Murikov
Thread ID: 3980
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1669 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My (involuntary) hiatus
Murikov
My fellow members

As some of you may know already, I'll enlist myself for the Swiss military service from the 2nd of July on. The first service period (called recruit school) will approximately last until the 23rd of November of this year, in case my superiors recommend me for a military advanced training, it may take even a bit longer.

Afterwards I'll attend so called 'refresher courses' every two years for each 2 weeks, but these short periods are no trouble at all.

So the trouble now is that I won't be able to write the traditional GOTW posts during the first period of service. So is anyone officialy up for some GOTW action?

When I return back from the recruit school, I'd be glad to resume my GOTW job, as it's really fun to do so.
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

DarakuTenshi
I'd love too but I know once the summer is over my time here on the forums will be cut down due to school. I would most likely forget to get on here and post new ones.

NeoStrayCat
Well, Murikov, I would take that GotW title back again since I've done some in the past, of course though, that may depend if I'm up for it again...Since there's really not much activity (besides forum posts) on NGFL these days...

(Why do you guys don't go to chat's anymore, lol. Pfft)
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Wonderboy
Good luck with your endeavor Muri. I'm sure the spot will be given back to you when you return in Nov.

Stray sounds like a good possible choice IMO. I honestly have no motivation to do something like this, and I think it should go to someone with experience and who actually wants to...

P.S. For the past few week I've been going into the chats, albeit for 10-15 mins. in the early afternoon (1-2 PM PST), only to find no one in there. Hmm
Edited by Wonderboy on 18. June 2012 06:52

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
priest
Murikov: Does the Swiss military really know what they´re doing when they put a loaded gun in your hands...? Wink

I look forward to your return to NGFL and good luck...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Murikov
The Stray wrote:
Well, Murikov, I would take that GotW title back again since I've done some in the past, of course though, that may depend if I'm up for it again...

Would be great if you could step in, Stray! Although the interest for certain High Score Challenges isn't so high at all, it's a nice weekly routine to do the GOTW. Thumbs Up

priest wrote:
Murikov: Does the Swiss military really know what they´re doing when they put a loaded gun in your hands...? Wink

I look forward to your return to NGFL and good luck...

Thanks dude and no worries. There will be only a few wounded. Wink

RiKo
Good luck Murikov, sorry to see you leave for a bit, hope it goes well for you in the military. Dont forget to shout out the name of a gun every time you pick one up Wink
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
reelmojo
RiKo wrote:
Good luck Murikov, sorry to see you leave for a bit, hope it goes well for you in the military. Dont forget to shout out the name of a gun every time you pick one up Wink
Rocket Lawn-chair! LOL

Good luck to you, Muri!

Glowsquid
Aw shucks, I hope military service goes well!

merlin
Thanks for all your hard work with GOTW Murikov. I hope serving in the Swiss army will be a positive experience for you. Good luck with that. Hope you will able to pay us a visit sometimes.

Good of you to offer Stray. I'm sure you'd make a good job of it. Does anyone else want to give it a go too? It doesn't necessarily have to be only one person.

One little point I wanted to add is that I don't think whoever helps out with GOTW in the future should necessarily always be given admin status. Other admins can always post the news item and change the screenshot on the front page. Wink
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Bullet
I could do it for a bit if that helps. I'm not really interested in admin or mod status, so I could pick the game and write up my thoughts on it and then merlin or priest could go from there.

i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Murikov
OK, so after some PM correspondence with some fellow members, my temporarily successor has been decided. Bullet will be the one who's helping me out. According to him, he would be glad to do the job with the other administrators' help.

I herewith thank him for his offer and dismiss myself for the next 21 weeks. I may be able to take a short look on this website at some weekends, but in general I think that time will be very short.

Otherwise I wish you a good time, folks! Thumbs Up

priest
Murikov: I wish you luck with the military training, at the same time I´m looking forward to having you back with us...

Bullet: Good luck with the GOTW, and thanks for doing themThumbs Up
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Chiba3010
Best of luck to you, my friend! You will be sorely missed. Nice to know GOTW will be in good hands until your return. You were the first to say hello when I joined, hopefully I'm not too late to say goodbye before your hiatus. Take care not to get involved in any "friendly fire" incidents Wink
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

Jump to Forum: