Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Chiba3010
Thread ID: 3978
Thread Info
There are 48 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 14161 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My oil paintings: art inspired by nature's majesty
freebie
Whoa Clap...

I didn't know we have such a great painter here. You have a great collection of beautiful paintings. Amazing work! To be honest, the photos, did not do much justice to your work. A lot of the details and depth are left unseen, blurry or cannot express the feeling when you look them live.

Great imaginations, some of your paintings evoke to me scenes from my childhood or The Lord of the Rings books for example. Quite frankly they would be a very good companion for say The Fellowship of The Ring Smile. I love the outdoor nature environment of our little world too.

Edit:

Chiba3010 wrote:

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce I've started a new FaceBook page around my paintings called "Second Nature Artwork - Craig Strother". It's already up and running, though still being expanded upon with more of my works being posted each day! Please check it out and "like" it if you're interested (I know Merlin and several others here have already discovered it- thanks, guys!). Smile

https://www.faceb...igStrother

Should have an up-to-date gallery fairly soon, then new stuff will be added in the future as its created! Thanks to all for the consideration and support. Thumbs Up

Oh, and no worries- I'll certainly keep posting my work here as well.Wink

I didn't want your last post to be lost on the previous page Smile.

DarakuTenshi
Oh, yeah I joined your facebook page by the way. Keep up the good work, I may have to ask you for a commission some day. BTW... what do you charge for commissions?

Chiba3010
Ok, it's been awhile since I've shared new work here but the painting has continued as time has allowed. Here are three new pieces (yet to be professionally photographed) which, among others, are currently on display in a gallery exhibition in New London, CT:

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/Mobile%20Uploads/E512E487-F124-4CDE-8FC3-16F0E1DA63DB.jpg

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/Mobile%20Uploads/8BD55CA2-92CA-4529-BA9F-0EF121367584.jpg

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/Mobile%20Uploads/63CEEC4A-220C-4998-9E3A-B3A437EDA969.jpg

Hope you enjoy my latest efforts! Smile
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

cthulhu
Looking great! I especially like the last one.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Murikov
We really got a pro here on NGFL - I think there's nothing more I can add to. Thumbs Up

Keep us updated with your work, Chiba!
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Chiba3010
Thanks so much, guys! Glad you enjoy them. Smile
I made concept sketches for all three of these. Just for kicks, I'll post them here in the same order as the finished paintings so you can see where the creative process began for each of them.

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/Mobile%20Uploads/9641DA20-0EFC-4194-B649-78189B7BA492.png

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/Mobile%20Uploads/7566C25E-6CD5-4F85-A84E-CFF843F507A0.jpg

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/Mobile%20Uploads/6BDBB164-C649-4169-AECD-2BFB92E67FD5.jpg

To further the evolution and refinement of my artwork, I challenge myself and try new techniques and/or concepts with each new piece.
Out of these three, the first one involved simulating moonlight as the primary light source.

The second one challenged me to create natural, realistic-looking falling snow which is actually very difficult (not to mention high-risk as one wrong move could ruin the entire painting). I came up with an original "spatter" technique, tapping a brush with thinned white paint against the handle of another brush from a specific distance and angle to get it right.

The third one, well, I won't even get into the stuff I did for the first time during its creation. Never painted anything like this subterranean environment before. There was much head-scratching and cursing involved in bringing it to life! Thought I might've ruined it on several occasions but recovered from each of them and it turned out well in the end. That cavern is definitely one of my new favorites. Thumbs Up

I'll be sure to post more pics of my future efforts!
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
Yeah that last painting is fucking great. In fact I would consider buying it, but I know it would be expensive. You are really talented Chiba.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

vas
Chiba there amazing works. When and how can I buy one?

Inspiring stuff , I would love to try and turn one of your paintings into a 3d scene you could walk around with a charecter Thumbs Up
Edited by vas on 10. October 2015 13:39

Jump to Forum: