Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Murikov
Thread ID: 3965
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4781 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Bang Bang Busters. What do you think of it?
What in all hell is this game anyway? What in all hell is this game anyway? 22%[2 Votes]
I never played it, but I'll surely give it a go one day... I never played it, but I'll surely give it a go one day... 33%[3 Votes]
It shouldn't have been released, in fact it's garbage. It shouldn't have been released, in fact it's garbage. 0%[0 Votes]
Meh, it's quite amusing, but nothing groundbreaking. Meh, it's quite amusing, but nothing groundbreaking. 22%[2 Votes]
A surprisingly good prototype, I like it so far! A surprisingly good prototype, I like it so far! 22%[2 Votes]
Total Votes : 9
 Print Thread
Bang Bang Busters - Game of the Week
Murikov
Welcome to the Game of the Week!

What we've got here? A long-forgotten Neo Geo prototype title out of nowhere, an enrichment for the whole community! OK, in fact Neo Conception International (which is suspected to be conducted by the same man behind Tokyo Toy Factory) already released the game last year on MVS and AES, a NGCD version of Bang Bang Busters is said to be released in the next time as well. But it's still great to see long-lost Neo Geo titles suddenly emerging from the swamps of the past and that they finally can be enjoyed by us ordinary mortals.

Recently the game has been dumped and can be played on some emulators as well. But I nevertheless would like to point out that the game still can be purchased as NGCD version, and, if we accord credibility to NCI, the game is fully licensed by Vicso as well. So if you are an NGCD owner and if you would like to support the original developers to some extent, I recommend getting it.

And if you are interested in participating at a High Score Challenge for BB Busters, just let me or Priest know.

Bang Bang Busters

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/NGFL%20GOTW/Bang%20Bang%20Busters/bangbanginsert.png

Genre: Platformer
Players: 2
Size: 46 MEGS
Released on: MVS, AES, NGCD

Brief Description:

This game is from Visco and it was originally intended to be released back in 1994. It is an action-platform type game with play mechanics similar to Snow Brothers, Zupapa, Bubble Bobble and similar style games. The two characters can actually "blow up" enemies by puffing them as is done in Dig Dug, and even toss them onto other enemies for chain points. It also contains special bonuses and many stage bosses. It was rumored that the game was undergoing re-consideration for release in 2000. About a year later, Zupapa made it to market instead. This game also goes by the name "Bang 2 Busters" by some sources. As a point of reference, in the Japanese culture, it is considered to be a tremendous compliment when a proper name is "doubled". Video games are no exception to this. Examples: Joy Joy Kid, Fun Fun Brothers, Pair Pair Wars, Waku Waku Seven and even Doki Doki Panic, cousin of the USA Super Mario Brothers 2!

Screenshots:

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/NGFL%20GOTW/Bang%20Bang%20Busters/ingame01.pngi1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/NGFL%20GOTW/Bang%20Bang%20Busters/bangbang03.pngi1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/NGFL%20GOTW/Bang%20Bang%20Busters/bangbang01.pngi1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/NGFL%20GOTW/Bang%20Bang%20Busters/bangbang02.png

Official Website (NCI):

http://www.wix.co...ceptioninc

Reviews:

Bang Bang Busters review by Tibe

Videos:

YouTube Video

High Score Challenge:

Upon request. Come on guys, let's submit some scores!

Past GOTW Discussions:

#1 Magician Lord -->
#2 Nam 1975 -->
#3 Pulstar -->
#4 Baseball Stars Professional -->
#5 Blues Journey -->
#6 Fatal Fury -->
#7 Shock Troopers -->
#8 Sengoku -->
#9 Ninja Commando -->
#10 Ninja Master's -->
#11 Crystalis -->
#12 Thrash Rally -->
#13 Art of Fighting -->
#14 Waku Waku 7 -->
#15 Andro Dunos -->
#16 The King of Fighters '94 -->
#17 Nightmare in the Dark -->
#18 Twinkle Star Sprites -->
#19 Zupapa -->
#20 SNK Vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium -->
#21 The Last Blade -->
#22 Crossed Swords -->
#23 Cyber Lip -->
#24 Samurai Shodown -->
#25 King of the Monsters -->
#26 The King of Fighters '95 -->
#27 Fatal Fury 2 -->
#28 Aero Fighters 2 -->
#29 Neo Bomberman -->
#30 Metal Slug -->
#31 Kabuki Klash -->
#32 Breakers/Breakers Revenge -->
#33 Mutation Nation -->
#34 Blazing Star -->
#35 World Heroes -->
#36 King of Fighters '96 -->
#37 Neo Drift Out -->
#38 Magical Drop 2 -->
#39 Top Hunter -->
#40 Savage Reign -->
#41 Metal Slug 2/X -->
#42 Alpha Mission 2 -->
#43 Aggresors of Dark Kombat -->
#44 Art of Fighting 2 -->
#45 Super Sidekicks -->
#46 Sengoku 2 -->
#47 Metal Slug 3 -->
#48 Burning Fight -->
#49 Money Puzzle Exchanger -->
#50 Panic Bomber: Bomberman -->
#51 King of Monsters 2 -->
#52 Samurai Shodown 2 -->
#53 World Heroes 2 -->
#54 Last Resort -->
#55 Rage of the Dragons -->
#56 League Bowling -->
#57 Metal Slug 4 -->
#58 Legend of Sucess Joe -->
#59 Puzzle Bobble -->
#60 Pochi and Nyaa -->
#61 Robo Army -->
#62 Captain Tomaday -->
#63 Metal Slug 5 -->
#64 King of Fighters '97 -->
#65 Athena/Psycho Soldier -->
#66 The Super Spy -->
#67 Strikers 1945 Plus -->
#68 Ghost Pilots -->
#69 Iron Tank -->
#70 Magical Drop 3-->
#71 Fatal Fury 3 -->
#72 Art of Fighting 3 -->
#73 Viewpoint -->
#74 Sonic Pocket Adventure -->
#75 Prehistoric Isle in 1930s -->
#76 Beast Busters -->
#77 Shock Troopers 2 -->
#78 Real Bout Fatal Fury -->
#79 Ninja Combat -->
#80 Neo Turf Masters -->
#81 Last Blade: Beyond the Destiny -->
#82 Bubble Bobble 2 -->
#83 King of Fighters '98 -->
#84 Wind Jammers -->
#85 Samurai Shodown III -->
#86 Puzzle de Pon/R -->
#87 Eight Man -->
#88 Street Hoops -->
#89 Galaxy Fight -->
#90 World Heroes Perfect -->
#91 SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom -->
#92 Prehistoric Isle 2 -->
#93 Metal Slug: 1st Mission -->
#94 Real Bout Fatal Fury Special -->
#95 KOF Sky Stage -->
#96 Sengoku 3 -->
#97 Ghostlop -->
#98 Matrimelee -->
#99 Ironclad -->
#100 NeoGeo Battle Coliseum -->
#101 Super Dodge Ball -->
#102 King of Fighters '99 -->
#103 Overtop -->
#104 Samurai Shodown IV-->
#105 Neo Mr. Do! -->
#106 Last Hope/Last Hope: Pink Bullets -->
#107 Pop 'N Bounce -->
#108 Crossed Swords II -->
#109 SNK Gals Fighters -->
#110 The Last Blade 2 -->
#111 Spinmaster -->
#112 Bermuda Triangle -->
#113 Super Sidekicks 2 -->
#114 Zed Blade/Operation Ragnarök -->
#115 SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighter's Clash -->
#116 The King of Fighters 2000 -->
#117 The Irritating Maze -->
#118 Buriki One -->
#119 Power Spikes 2 -->
#120 S.A.R. - Search and Rescue -->
#121 3 Count Bout -->
#122 Riding Hero -->
#123 Dark Arms: Beast Buster -->
#124 Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 -->
#125 The King of Fighters: Kyo -->
#126 World Heroes 2 Jet -->
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

LIFE_IN_2D
Never tried it, and probably never will. The style and presenation are not my taste at all. The whole thing looks terrible, IMO.

I'd much rather stick to NiTD or Zupapa!

Only way I'd give it a whirl is through emulation. The cart is way too high priced for this sort of--- well... as you English fellas say... 'rubbish".
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 05. June 2012 05:37
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

STE C
Looks like a typical Snow Bros clone of which the NG already has 2 but I will pick this up at some point as it would be nice to buy a new NGCD game. Full credit to the small studio for actually making the effort to get the game out. Unless a game is absolutely appalling I think an effort to get any prototype out for people to play is a cool and generous idea.

Actually buying the game could be a bit tricky as the website appears to be frozen.
Edited by STE C on 05. June 2012 12:09

Murikov
STE C wrote:
Unless a game is absolutely appalling I think an effort to get any prototype out for people to play is a cool and generous idea.

If you are referring to 'Treasure of the Caribbean', I'm with you. Wink

STE C wrote:
Actually buying the game could be a bit tricky as the website appears to be frozen.

The official NCI website is pretty garbage in my eyes. I suppose that Laurent guy doesn't know anything about Marketing or how to present his 'company' decently. The first announcements of Bang Bang Busters at Facebook were horrible too in my humble opinion. But as long as he continues digging out more prototypes (Warlock of the Fates?) and sharing them with us, it's all right I suppose.

If you intend to buy the NGCD version, you can get it via these sites:

http://neoayato.c...22991.html
http://www.golden...d_bang.htm
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

merlin
I pre-ordered the game at Neo Ayato STE. That's where I also bought TOTC.

It's nice that more people can get a chance to play BBB using Mame now but I agree with Murikov that since the NCI release is officially licensed by Visco hopefully people will consider buying a copy if they have an NGCD.

I still haven't tried this one but judging from videos it looks fun and with appealing colourful
graphics. I'm a big fan of NITD and Zupapa so this looks like something I would enjoy. People who have played the game tend to be mostly positive about it. I've never come across a bad game by Visco before.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Wonderboy
I don't know what to make this one, other than it looks so 1994... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
Loris Biaggi
It's a nice game.
A little repetitive and boring after 30 min.
------------- Neo Mini Box -----------
imageshack.us/a/img832/3766/qyg.gif

Chiba3010
Hmm... Not really the style of game I'm fond of playing on the Neo but looks pretty decent for its genre. Probably wont be plunking down the bills for an AES copy but it's always really great to see a once-buried title rise from the grave to achieve a retail release! Thumbs Up

Coligion
Can any Neo CD owners of this game chime in on what they thought of this release?

merlin
Coligion wrote:

Can any Neo CD owners of this game chime in on what they thought of this release?

Welcome to NGFL Coligion. Smile

I bought B2B NGCD recently and I really like it. The game has an appealing style of graphics and the gameplay while not groundbreaking is fun. It's satisfying spinning enemies around and throwing them into each other to cause a chain reaction. The bosses are quite cool designs too.

B2B doesn't seem quite as good as Nightmare in the Dark or Zupapa but is still a very good game well worth getting. The NGCD version only has loading time right at the start. The manual and spine card are good quality.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Coligion
merlin wrote:

Welcome to NGFL Coligion. Smile

I bought B2B NGCD recently and I really like it. The game has an appealing style of graphics and the gameplay while not groundbreaking is fun. It's satisfying spinning enemies around and throwing them into each other to cause a chain reaction. The bosses are quite cool designs too.

B2B doesn't seem quite as good as Nightmare in the Dark or Zupapa but is still a very good game well worth getting. The NGCD version only has loading time right at the start. The manual and spine card are good quality.

Thanks for the information Smile. I may go ahead and try to pick up a copy of this. It looks like it might be the most complete prototype we may see for a long time on the Neo CD.

Jump to Forum: