Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: distropia
Thread ID: 3909
Thread Info
There are 9 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1060 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
old school gamer
distropia
Hi there! Just to say hi to this forum. Probably some of you already know me on neo-geo.com forums.

I do cmvs's and repair neo's for the Europe area. I'll try to help as much as possible in the tech questions here.

RiKo
Welcome to NG4L Distropia Thumbs Up nice work on the CMVS consoles, just took a look at your work. They look really compact (which is a good thing!) and kind of remind me a little in spirit of the SNES - just the position of the cartridge slot and the 2 controller-inputs at the front is a little reminiscent.

I like the scanline feature too, very nice.

What games do you enjoy the most on Neo Geo? do you have a large game collection yourself?
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Shiny
Welcome aboard. Smile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

NeoGeoNinja
distropia wrote:
Hi there! Just to say hi to this forum. Probably some of you already know me on neo-geo.com forums.

I do cmvs's and repair neo's for the Europe area. I'll try to help as much as possible in the tech questions here.

HI DISTROPIA...
and welcome to NGFL mate. It's always nice to have a resident 'techie' on the forums, especially as I'm not one myself Smile

I'll perhaps hit you up with an issue I have with an AES cart, if that's ok? Someone sent me game and the image - although I've tried and tried to clean it (I'm not experienced enough to open it lol!) and the AES slot, it still 'garbles' the image. VERY disheartening :(

Anyway, hope you enjoy chipping in here from time to time. The wheels turn slower here than at the resident NG.COM, however... they DO still turn though Wink

See you around...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

priest
Hi Distropia and welcomeSmile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
distropia
RiKo wrote:
What games do you enjoy the most on Neo Geo? do you have a large game collection yourself?

Thanks for your words.
I'm a fan of everything but fighters, with the exception of wakuwaku7 which I love. My MVS collection is almost complete, but loose carts. BTW, do someone else apart of bigbear produce MVS shockboxes? I've looking for some in ebay but they're very expensive: 14GBP iirc

distropia
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
I'll perhaps hit you up with an issue I have with an AES cart, if that's ok? Someone sent me game and the image - although I've tried and tried to clean it (I'm not experienced enough to open it lol!) and the AES slot, it still 'garbles' the image. VERY disheartening :(

Anyway, hope you enjoy chipping in here from time to time. The wheels turn slower here than at the resident NG.COM, however... they DO still turn though Wink

See you around...

Ninja

You're right with the slow wheels metaphor here, lol.
Talking about your problem, it is very common in cartridge systems and most of the time is related to dirt cart or slot, so the best should be to open it carefully sliding a credit card (taking special care not to damage the label) by its edges. I could post pics here but I'm too lazy since there's one tutorial already made here http://www.jamma-...rials.html
Just go ahead carefully and clean the cart contacts with a pink rubber (eraser). Remove the dirt made by hand and close the cart. Obviously discharge your electrostatic ESD touching anything grounded before touching any circuit.

Its easy once done the first 1.000.000 times LOL... -just kidding- Good luck.

Murikov
Hey distropia and welcome to NGFL (despite my late post)! I sure mentioned your name here and there at NG.com.

I'm sure that your knowledge will be of great use for quite some members around here, thanks! Hope you stick around. Thumbs Up
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

merlin
Welcome to the forum Distropia. I tend to lurk at neo-geo.com so have noticed you posting there especially in the B2B thread. I agree with Ninja about your CMVS. Without doubt one of the nicest looking ones I've seen. We don't have a tech subforum here I'm afraid people just post any Neo Geo related issues in the Neo Geo part of the forum. Good of you to offer to help people out with the tech issues.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Jump to Forum: