Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 3906
Thread Info
There are 8 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1140 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Trials Evolution
reelmojo
YouTube Video

Anyone else hype as all hell for this? Trials HD released during the Summer of Arcade promotion in 2009 along with 'Splosion Man and Shadow Complex and together they completely consumed my life. Trials Evolution releases in just a few hours, and I'll be there.

Will you?

RiKo
The original was an awesome game and i have heard this is even better. great to see that you finally get out of that warehouse! Thumbs Up

I will be buying at some point although i feel i still have some more play to get out of the first one, maybe i will just skip to this? let us know what you think of this game mojo
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
reelmojo
Well, Evolution is definitely the right word for the title. Not Revolution for sure. It's basically the same game, but a little bit better. Of course that's exactly what fans wanted so I'm not complaining in the least bit. I just unlocked the hard difficulty courses which is where Trials truly begins for me, and I'm having a blast so far. I can't wait to see what they've cooked up for Extreme courses.

Waiting and finishing the original might be a good idea though. The longer you wait the more fan made courses will be available to download. I've already played some pretty good ones, but I imagine it'll only get better with time. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but as much fun as I had trying to beat your times on the original, Riko, I'm sure playing live with people will be even more fun.

reelmojo
Nevermind what I said about waiting possibly being a good idea. Multiplayer is incredibly fun and there are already a ton of great user made tracks. There's an incredible amount of content for your $15. Plus since it controls exactly the same as the original you can always go back and play that one later to finish anything you missed. I know there was at least one Extreme track I never finished so I plan on doing the same.

Speaking of Extreme tracks... holy crap are they hard! I was progressing through them pretty well until I literally hit the wall in "Dark City Run." I timed out (there's still a half hour time limit) so I decided to take a break for a while. I don't think any other game is this frustrating while simultaneously being this fun.

RiKo
Thanks for the report mojo. I will probably get this game soon then when i next feel like some Trials action.

Mojo wrote :- but as much fun as I had trying to beat your times on the original, Riko

oh i didnt think to look at friends times on that! i will have to try and do better. Everyone i showed Trials - all really liked it, i think because its so simple, it only used 3 controls or something so anybody can pick up and play it - no matter how badly.

RiKo
Yeh i got this (Trials Evolution) today. I havent played Trials 1 for a while but after crashing a few times on the first course i found i got back into it quite quickly. Like Mojo says - it's a lot like the first game but the main difference is the courses are set in much more spectacular environments. I also *think* they have made the physics-model slightly less bouncy, which does give you slightly more control.

@Mojo i can see a marker representing you (and Wedge, also NG4L) on each track which is cool. i only beat one of your times so far. I couldnt play for long because it took a while to download but yes good fun!

The only thing i didnt like so much is i wanted them to make the riders behave a bit more like real people when they come off the bike rather than obvious rag-dolls. I was hoping they would have improved on the first game in that regard. Maybe some swearing would be cool too Smile
Edited by RiKo on 30. April 2012 21:26

reelmojo
Yeah, I think if the riders fought for their lives before hitting something it might make the already entertaining crashes even more entertaining. They probably don't swear when they yell so that it can still be a family game. Plus, I do plenty of swearing myself while playing... especially on those damn Extreme tracks!

I'm not sure if the physics are less bouncy or not, but you will definitely feel like this game is easier than the original. Truth be told it's about the same difficulty, but if you were already able to beat some Extreme tracks in the original you obviously already know how to play well enough to breeze through the beginning of the sequel.

I still haven't made any more progress on those Extreme tracks yet. Most of the time I play I've been checking out user made tracks. There are already a bunch of really really good ones! Once you're farther into the game I highly recommend checking them out. It looks like the game will literally have infinite replayability.

RiKo
Mojo wrote :- They probably don't swear when they yell so that it can still be a family game. Plus, I do plenty of swearing myself while playing... especially on those damn Extreme tracks!

haha yes i think thats probably why they made them like ragdolls too for rating purposes. I remember Flatout when you driver flies through the windscreen he's an obvious ragdoll/dummy as well

Mojo wrot:- I still haven't made any more progress on those Extreme tracks yet. Most of the time I play I've been checking out user made tracks. There are already a bunch of really really good ones! Once you're farther into the game I highly recommend checking them out. It looks like the game will literally have infinite replayability.

I forgot about the level designer, even better. Might be a while before i reach the extreme tracks!

This is my ideal kind of game. I want them to make more games like this where you have immediate play - not just 2D or 2.5D games though. 3D ones too. I really dislike games now where they have in-game tutorials and cutscenes. Its funny when you watch games on youtube, and it's 6 minutes before they even get to control the character! I know this has a kind oof a mini-tutorial but it's so brief and its part of the game too
Edited by RiKo on 01. May 2012 18:25

Jump to Forum: