Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Shiny
Thread ID: 390
Thread Info
There are 28 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5384 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The NGP appreciation thread
Shiny
I noticed there's no section for the Neo Geo Pocket and only a couple of related threads... For shame.img476.imageshack.us/img476/3846/kyoshamebg0.gif

So anywho, here's a place to discuss anything NGP related...

I personally love my NGPC and it still gets regular playtime even now, Last Blade just rocks like no handheld fighter should. Ninja

Any other folk here still own one? Still play it? Which game, if any, pulls you back to it?
Edited by Shiny on 07. July 2007 00:46
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

boogiepop
I've recently been playing Puyo Pop quite a bit. I also popped in Fasalei briefly but I'm convinced there's NO WAY to beat that final mission.Angry
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

priest
Nope sorry. It has been a long time since I had to reload the batteries for my Neo geo pocket. Haven´t seen color version in action...
On the other hand I rarely play any handheld games.

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
sukotsuto
I love my NGPC and I play it once in a while! I usually play Cardfighters Clash (both versions), Last Blade and SNK vs Capcom. Good thing I have a rechargable battery pack for the NGPC so that I don't have to spend an extra penny for batteries, though batteries is not much of an issue for the NGPC compared to that certain handheld released in the same era as NGPC (the game boys, which has probably has half the battery life of a NGPC).

Thumbs Up

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Shiny
Hooray for NGP fans!! Grin

Last Blade has to be my favourite NGP game but SVC is pretty close... And yeah, the battery life simply cannot be sniffed at, something that thankfully SNK realised is pretty damn important for a handheld system.

I've never actually played Fasalei, it looks pretty cool, I really should hunt down a copy.

Also, I've just bought myself a slimline NGPC. Grin Can't wait for it to get here, I'm dying to see the actual size difference between them...

boogiepop
Definitely make it a point to get Fasalei. It puts Biomotor Unitron to shame in my opinion. Anywho, here's my collection: (note the lack of fighters. One of these days I'll pick up Match of the Millenium at least)
Sonic
Kanji Quiz
Fasalei
Biomotor Unitron
Neo Turf Masters
Pocket Love If
Memories Off Pure
Puyo Pop
Infinity Cure
Card Clash Capcom version

Shiny
That's quite a collection, thanks to my previously mentioned OCD I only have Last Blade, SVC, and Neo Turf Masters at the mo but I am starting to collect again and Faselei is top of the list! Grin

Everyone loves SVC, it's such a great game but I still prefer LB, imo possibly the finest handheld fighter ever created.

Spooky
Cmon guys, it's all about Samurai Shodown, that's a game I NEVER get tired of playing. Man, I didn't even know they had The Last Blade for NGPC, where have I been?!

Shiny
You've never seen LB for NGPC? Well check this out:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztJe6qVPii0[/youtube]

For the record I'd like to say that I hate these combo videos but at least you can see the game moving, even if it is all in one corner of the screen... In fact I think the people that make these things need to get a life, and fast.
Edited by Shiny on 08. July 2007 21:49

Spooky
That looks pretty awesome. Where can I find a copy?

boogiepop
Has anyone else noticed that only the SNK-made pocket games have jumpy music? What the hell is up with that anyway?

shion
boogiepop wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that only the SNK-made pocket games have jumpy music? What the hell is up with that anyway?

Sonic Pocket Adventure

Smile

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
Kazuya_UK
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
boogiepop wrote:

Sonic Pocket Adventure

Smile

Hell yea... I kinda wish I still had my copy.

I only have SvC left as I sold the rest of my collection to fund MVS purchases a few years back. Been tempted for a long time to start a collection again, especially if I could get mine modded to have a backlight. I might try it soon, would be a fun little project provided I don't fubar the NGPC... Wink

Faselei was very good, and I remember English copies being very rare as it came out just before the plug was pulled on the NGPC, and only the UK got it. Definitely worth it if you like that style of game. Again, I kinda regret selling my copy.

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Johnny99
I still have my NGPC. Don't play it as much as I used to, but I dust it off every once in awhile. Always been fond of SVC, KOF R-2, and Samurai Shodown II.
"All our lives we sweat and save, building for a shallow grave".---Jim Morrison

Spooky
Yeah, same here. Mine has been lost for a while, but I'll find it sometimes and play Samurai Shodown II, awesome game. I want to get The Last Blade for it though.

Johnny99
I should get The Last Blade also. I just got the MVS cart a few weeks ago, and it's become one of my fav Neo games ever. If the NGPC version is as good a SSII, i'll pick it up eventually.
"All our lives we sweat and save, building for a shallow grave".---Jim Morrison

Shiny
Last Blade for NGPC isn't as good as Sam Sho 2, it's better. Still imo the best fighter on any handheld ever.

Spooky
Yeah, but I'll probably still buy it just to have it. I need to expand my current collection anyways. What I really want is Samurai Showdown 1,

boogiepop
Johnny99 wrote:
I should get The Last Blade also. I just got the MVS cart a few weeks ago, and it's become one of my fav Neo games ever. If the NGPC version is as good a SSII, i'll pick it up eventually.

I'm glad you like the cart. Thumbs Up Easily one of my favorite neo games as well.

@Shiny How's the balance on the pocket version? Is Hibiki actually playable?

Shiny
Hibiki? Yep, she sure is! Thumbs Up Though to be honest I can't remember whether I had to unlock her or not...

Although it's a port of LB2 and brings with it some of the balance issues of the MVS/AES original I personally think the fighters are balanced a lot better. Obviously it's still a walk in the park with Moriya or Setsuna.

It's also got loads of replay value thanks to all of the unlockable features like galleries etc. and 2 mini games. The baseball/homerun game is awesome. Grin
Edited by Shiny on 15. July 2007 15:16

Jump to Forum: