Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Murikov
Thread ID: 3872
Thread Info
There are 31 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3740 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
World Heroes 2 Jet World Heroes 2 Jet 0%[0 Votes]
Ganryu Ganryu 0%[0 Votes]
Top Player's Golf Top Player's Golf 0%[0 Votes]
Fighters History Dynamite Fighters History Dynamite 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 0
 Print Thread
Next GOTW thread
Murikov
In this thread you can suggest Neo Geo / SNK titles for an upcoming 'Game of the Week' coverage. You can randomly mention or recommend games suitable for being a GOTW or simply introduce new ideas to the existing GOTW system. Furthermore you can define the order of the upcoming GOTWs by voting your desired title.

Update: This time I picked up some of Chiba's suggestions for the poll. If there still are voting bugs like last time (some members weren't able to vote), just mention your choice in your post. I'll respect your wishes in any case.
Edited by Murikov on 29. May 2012 14:06
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

Chiba3010
Hmm If memory serves, we've yet to see GOTW threads for Garou, Fighter's History Dynamite, 3 Count Bout, Real Bout 2, Top Player's Golf , Ganryu or WH2 Jet to name a few...

P.O.W. and Street Smart are two non-Neo titles that would be fun to discuss Thumbs Up

reelmojo
I'm going to suggest S.A.R Search and Rescue since it's recent PSN release suddenly gave it more publicity than its probably ever had.

Also, Buriki One for a few reasons. We've never covered a HNG64 game, it's technically an Art of Fighting game and it's been a long time since we covered AOF3, and it's easily the HNG64 game I'm most interested in playing.

-SD-
Yeah, it'd be cool to do a Hyper64 game.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

merlin
I nominate Power Spikes 2. If it gets included in the poll again I'll definitely vote for it this time.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Murikov
Bump, you are now free to vote, closing date for the poll is Saturday afternoon.

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Also, Buriki One for a few reasons. We've never covered a HNG64 game, it's technically an Art of Fighting game and it's been a long time since we covered AOF3, and it's easily the HNG64 game I'm most interested in playing.

I SECOND THIS...
as it's also the HNG64 title, I too, am most interested in (hearing/reading about!) Wink

Thus, my vote has been added. Cheers Murikov! Thumbs Up

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Murikov
Instead of making always a new thread for the 'Next GotW' discussions, I thought to just re-use this very thread here.

There are still lots of sweet mentioned titles like Garou, RB2 or even older games and NGPC titles. Any specific suggestions for the next GOTW?

And what do you guys think of how much sense make polls in here? Should I handle it as I did in the past weeks?

Wonderboy
I've been liking the selections Murikov (is that your real name?), keep up the good work! Please keep the obscure N-G, pre-Neo Geo and NGPG games coming. Save the cliche titles not featured for the very end. Grin

I'm going to "come out of left field" this week and recommemd KOF 2003... It seems to be the most obscure entry in the traditional series, and you never seem to hear about it (in fact, I sometimes forget it exists), even on Neo Geo forums. Either that or "Kyo" for the PSX (a shame it's all in Japanese).
Edited by Wonderboy on 25. April 2012 23:24

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
reelmojo
I'd like to nominate the NGPC game Dark Arms: Beast Busters. It looks amazing and if it were game of the week that would give me an excuse to stop playing something else and start playing that instead.

Also, if it's as good as it appears to be, it'll really make me want SNK to do more action RPGs.

NeoGeoNinja
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
I'm going to "come out of left field" this week and recommemd KOF 2003... It seems to be the most obscure entry in the traditional series, and you never seem to hear about it (in fact, I sometimes forget it exists), even on Neo Geo forums. Either that or "Kyo" for the PSX (a shame it's all in Japanese).

IT'S BEEN DISCUSSED...
quite heavily in the past, and any fondness for the game has usually been met with a frosty response. I'll save the details for the upcoming KOF03 thread (should it ever come to fruition), but I'll go out by saying I've defended this title heavily in the past and it is, imo, one of T H E best KOF's for the Neo and is my favourite KOF for the system - on the whole Smile

My vote goes to KOF 03 too...

Ninja

reelmojo
Keep in mind that we do games that are from a series in order, so KOF 2001 would be next in line.

Murikov
I've been liking the selections Murikov (is that your real name?), keep up the good work! Please keep the obscure N-G, pre-Neo Geo and NGPG games coming. Save the cliche titles not featured for the very end. Grin

Thanks bro! Thumbs Up

As for my obscure nick, I think I've mentioned it once in my arrival post, but that's the very first nick name I ever gave myself. I gave it myself when playing C&C: Red Alert 2 online a very long time ago, and since then I bear it up to today. And it sounds nothing like my real name nor I'm I of East European origin, haha. Although most people in my surroundings call me "Muri" too.

Anyway, instead of another regular King of Fighters title, I nominated KoF Kyo for the poll this time. This is due to the fact, that it has been only 5 GOTWs away that we already had a King of Fighters title (2000).

Just as Mojo mentioned I think we should follow the series by their correct order, so the next KoF would be 2001 when it's about time. Sorry when I may appear like a di** in this case.
Edited by Murikov on 27. April 2012 10:50

Wonderboy
No, I would say you are reasonable. I actually had no idea we are featuring them chronologically (don't know where that has been posted, but whatever), so it's not like I deliberately tried to get one game ahead of another. Had I actually wanted '03 ahead of '01 knowing the policy, then I would have been a bit disappointed... Smile Oh, and I think I wll be voting for Kyo this week!

P.S. OK, I must've missed the explanation of your nick prior. Cool.

Ninja, now that I recall, I seem to remember a thread re. '03 here a couple years ago Hmm. I seem to recall all members, except you of course, having little love for it. And while it's still being discussed, why do I always mix up '03 with the fan made '04 version (will the fan made '04 ver. ever be featured as a GotW)? LOL I guess they're both too new for my long term memory to accept.

http://www.mamest...e/kf2k3upl
Edited by Wonderboy on 27. April 2012 12:19

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
-SD-
For some reason I don't have the option to vote in the poll? But anyway, my vote goes to Dark Arms.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

reelmojo
will the fan made '04 ver. ever be featured as a GotW

As long as a hack has something original and unique about it I think it'd be cool to cover them in GOTW!

And the whole chronological thing is more of a written rule I think. I think it was put in place so that we wouldn't end up just covering all of the best games right away. Trust me, I wanted to make Garou MOTW number 100 when I first took over but there were like 3 Fatal Fury games that needed to be covered before it.

I also voted for Dark Arms.
Edited by reelmojo on 27. April 2012 23:56

Chiba3010
I was gonna vote for Real Bout 2 since I was supposed to get the game in the mail in time to extensively play before critiquing but recieved word today that US Customs didn't clear it and shipped it back to the seller in Japan! Shock Looks like I'll be waiting a while longer. Thumbs Down

So..... Guess I'll vote for Riding Hero instead, having never played Dark Arms.

LIFE_IN_2D
Can I vote for Dark Arms, for NEXT weeks GOTW? Meaning, not this one coming up, but the next.

I'll be pretty goddamned busy this week (working my ass off, out of town) so I can't make the chat nor will I be able to discuss the GOTW.

I actually finished Dark Arms a couple of nights ago and have many, many things to say about the game. BUT NOT THIS WEEK.

-----

So my vote, for THIS WEEK goes to a game I could give two shits about... Riding Hero , hahahaha.

-----

reelmojo wrote:
I'd like to nominate the NGPC game Dark Arms: Beast Busters. It looks amazing and if it were game of the week that would give me an excuse to stop playing something else and start playing that instead.

Also, if it's as good as it appears to be, it'll really make me want SNK to do more action RPGs.

Don't believe the people who piss on Dark Arms... the game is fucking awesome. That's all I'll say about it, It really IS a treat for somebody who loves SNK's horror themed titles. A good little RPG. Ok, I'll save it for later...
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 28. April 2012 03:15
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoGeoNinja
No, I would say you are reasonable. I actually had no idea we are featuring them chronologically (don't know where that has been posted, but whatever), so it's not like I deliberately tried to get one game ahead of another. Had I actually wanted '03 ahead of '01 knowing the policy, then I would have been a bit disappointed...

^THIS...
I had no idea. I'm willing to wait it out Smile

Also, I can't vote for Real Bout 2. Poll is closed I expect? Hmm

Ninja

Chiba3010
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
No, I would say you are reasonable. I actually had no idea we are featuring them chronologically (don't know where that has been posted, but whatever), so it's not like I deliberately tried to get one game ahead of another. Had I actually wanted '03 ahead of '01 knowing the policy, then I would have been a bit disappointed...

^THIS...
I had no idea. I'm willing to wait it out Smile

Also, I can't vote for Real Bout 2. Poll is closed I expect? Hmm

Ninja

The Real Bout series is up there with my fav Neo games of all time- not to knock the earlier FF titles which were stellar too, particularly FF Special and the original FF for deeply sentimental reasons since my story of playing the Genesis port fanatically back in the day echoes your own very closely. I'd have voted for RB2 as well if it weren't the above screwup which wrecked my chances of giving the game a good workout prior to review... Ah well, we ninjas are trained to be patient Wait

Jump to Forum: