Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: smccd
Thread ID: 3862
Thread Info
There are 32 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 11148 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Need someone to try my homebrew game on actual Neo Geo CD hardware
Flavor
smccd wrote:
Ah, thanks for the info! I have found your group a while ago, and I found the nifty Neo Tile editor there.

I am currently working on a NGPC game. Game logic is about 90% done (needs some balancing), sound is 0%, and graphics are 50%. It is a Neo Geo-themed sandbox game.

Stay tuned.

Awesome. This is exciting news indeed.

Would you be interested in documenting your development in such a way that other people could use it as something of a tutorial or starting point? I see that you've done something similar with past projects.

Speaking of past projects, I noticed your Lynx game, and I messaged you on AtariAge.
Card Fighters' Clash 2 English Translation
NGPC Flash Cart and Linker Project

http://ngpc.freeplaytech.com/
smccd
Flavor wrote:
smccd wrote:
Ah, thanks for the info! I have found your group a while ago, and I found the nifty Neo Tile editor there.

I am currently working on a NGPC game. Game logic is about 90% done (needs some balancing), sound is 0%, and graphics are 50%. It is a Neo Geo-themed sandbox game.

Stay tuned.

Awesome. This is exciting news indeed.

Would you be interested in documenting your development in such a way that other people could use it as something of a tutorial or starting point? I see that you've done something similar with past projects.

Speaking of past projects, I noticed your Lynx game, and I messaged you on AtariAge.

Thank you for the interest.

Yes, of course. All of my work is made available in the hopes that it will be useful to others. While I don't create tutorials per se, I do take care to document larger projects (such as this NGPC game). I may even write up a technical design section on the project page.

I did find the AtariAge topic on my Atari Lynx game, yes! Smile

Xian Xi
Murikov wrote:

I'm sure some people will find a good use of your Dev Kit, I really hope this motivates other ongoing developers to create new titles for our beloved system!

Isn't most of the stuff in his Dev Kit made by Jeff Kurtz?
Jamma Nation X
JNX Lazy Finger Rapid Fire Device for Neogeo and Superguns, On sale now!!

smccd
Xian Xi wrote:
Murikov wrote:

I'm sure some people will find a good use of your Dev Kit, I really hope this motivates other ongoing developers to create new titles for our beloved system!

Thanks for the interest!

It sure is. What I do is take these often forgotten, hard to find, or just in unusable states dev kits, and I take them to being usable immediately by developers, along with sample games I write, as proof of concept.
Edited by smccd on 30. March 2012 21:38

Xian Xi
smccd wrote:
Xian Xi wrote:
Murikov wrote:

Thanks for the interest!

It sure is. What I do is take these often forgotten, hard to find, or just in unusable states dev kits, and I take them to being usable immediately by developers, along with sample games I write, as proof of concept.

Just make sure you give credit to Jeff, he worked very hard on those dev tools.
Jamma Nation X

smccd
Xian Xi wrote:
smccd wrote:
Xian Xi wrote:
Murikov wrote:

Thanks for the interest!

Just make sure you give credit to Jeff, he worked very hard on those dev tools.

For sure!

NeoGeoNinja
Xian Xi wrote:

INTERESTING...
since you raised this specifc, a JMKurtz has all off a sudden joined our ranks! Pfft

He hasn't had much to say on this yet though? Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Xian Xi
According to Jeff's site he is extending the Neo Dev Library to make it easier. I just checked it out last night and there was an update:

www.neobitz.com

There was a tool that converts a wav file to the type needed and some other stuff.
Jamma Nation X

smccd
This is some great news! I remember that when I created Neo Thunder in 2011, the dev site hadn't been updated since 2006, but it seems to be bustling with activity now!

Thanks for your work on the dev tools, Jeff! Smile
Edited by smccd on 31. March 2012 22:59

STE C
Merlin sent me the game and it works fine on my top loader NGCD. Its a cool little game I would be very interested to see how it evolves in the future or play any other stuff you program.

smccd
STE C wrote:
Merlin sent me the game and it works fine on my top loader NGCD. Its a cool little game I would be very interested to see how it evolves in the future or play any other stuff you program.

Thank you both for doing this!

smccd
For posterity, I have produced a Neo Thunder AES cartridge along with insert, manual, and cartridge label Smile

sebastianmihai.com/resources/images/homebrews/neothunder_neo_geo_aes_cartridge2.jpg

See more at http://sebastianm...n.php?t=64

Jump to Forum: