Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: TF73
Thread ID: 3852
Thread Info
There are 6 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2072 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Arcade problems
TF73
I have a G-Loc arcade (upright) machine. But seems like it dont want to cooperate anymore.
Either the screen or a card or something have gone broken.
Adjusting on the screen adjustements only changes the colors and make the screen look like the C64 loading screen.

Does anyone know what can be causing this and what can be done by a none electrician?
If the screen is the problem is it possible to change this with a monitor screen or similar without any hazzle?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Smile

candycab
First thing you should check is the voltage coming out of the Power Supply to the board with an Ohm meter. I looked around a bit and couldn't find much info in regards to voltage needs but you can see the hardware specs here.

http://www.system...php?id=699

That said.....

Being a pre JAMMA machine it has a power supply that is specific to that game and most likely the 7 other games that use that hardware. If its bad you cant just order one from a parts house like HAPP etc. You should seek out some of the large arcade hardware based forums where the game has a good following go from there.

If it was a JAMMA based board trouble shooting would be easy as walking & chewing gum at the same time Smile Dedicated hardware from that era is almost always a can of worms and has to be a labor of love.
I have a sit down Spy Hunter that much like all old custom Bally/Midway hardware was cobbled together with stuff that is made out of unobtanium at this point so there is always something to fix and no where to get it, though Spy Hunter has really badly designed hardware.

Your Sega board looks pretty straight forward Smile

Anyone has the ability to work on this stuff just go slow and read a lot you will be OK Thumbs Up While this shows a Jamma power supply the basics of this stuff is always the same once you know how to go about it Smile

http://www.arcade...er-supply/

Hope that helps some but definitely look for some G-Loc enthusiasts and I'm sure you will be up and running again in no time.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

TF73
Thanks for you help, greatly appreciated! Smile I will check this out as soon as I have the time.

TF73
Seems like it wasnt the power supply. Considering scrapping the arcade. Unless I could get hold of the manual for the machine with el-drawings. Does anyone know if there is a place where this can be downloaded?

merlin
Have you tried posting about the problem at an arcade forum like KLOV or Arcade Otaku? Those are great places to get technical help and you might be able to find some other G-Loc owners there who could help you out. I hope you can get the problem fixed.

RiKo
I'm going to be very unhelpful and say that you should should upgrade your cabinet to a R360 Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: