Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 3839
Thread Info
There are 17 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5140 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Zed Blade/Operation Ragnarok: NGFL High Score Challenge
priest
Welcome to another HSC, this week its Zed blade. Good luck with the scores and please remember to let us know what you think of this game in the GOTW thread, see link below...

Zed Blade / Operation Ragnarok GAME OF THE WEEK Discussion thread:

http://www.neogeo...ad_id=3840

flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/snk/14019301.jpg

The rules:

* Play whichever version you like: NEO GEO MVS / EMULATOR

* Difficulty: MVS - level 4 / AES - MVS setting

* Lives: Default setting

* Credits: 1

* Multiple runs as training is of course allowed. Also if you manage to surpass your previous score then just post it and I'll update the first post.

* No cheating with any kind of UNI-BIOS is allowed.

* Miss-using bugs or glitches in games in order to boost you score isn't allowed and if discovered will lead to disqualification of your score.

* No cheating in Emulators such as autofire, Pausing or infinite lives are allowed
(or any other effect you can use in emulators to make the game easier, score higher etc)

* Photographic proof is not needed as I believe that we are all honorable people. If you like though you can attach a photo or a mini-clip with your highscore.

* State which platform you played this game on.

* The goal: Highest score possible.

* How to present your highscore to make my work a lot easier, EXAMPLE:

User nickname: Score: , Character: , End level: , Difficulty level: ...and other facts

There will be no closing dates for the different HSC threads. They will always be there ready to accept new challengers. But I will start to award the winner a medal as soon as scores are posted. And as I said the challenge will always be there.

If you have ANY questions about this NGFL Highscore Challenge, don't hesitate to contakt Me (priest) who's the mod. for this thing...

G O O D www.neogeoforlife.com/images/smiley/ff_bluemary.gif L U C K

Scoreboard:

1. Merlin: Score: 2,091,450. , stage 5, played on Mame32++

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/ZedBlade-5.png

2. NEO•GEO Man: Score: 1,747,240. , Character: Sergeant Ms Charlotte (medium ship), split shot, homing missile, zigzag rear shot, Stage: ! ( completed ), Played on: home cart , Difficulty: MVS

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/image_zps9vkno4l6.jpeg

3. Murikov: Score: 628,850. , Character: Uncle Beard (slow ship), Stage: 3, Played on: MAMEUI

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/NGFL%20High%20Score%20Challenges/zedbladmuri5mar12.png

4. ?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
merlin
Merlin: Score: 1,272,500. , stage 5, played on Mame32++

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/ZedBlade-1.png
Edited by merlin on 05. March 2012 17:34

priest
Hi Merlin and welcomeThumbs Up

Scoreboard is updated.

Murikov
Hey Priest, you wrote Ragnarök with a Ö as well. What else is to expect from a Swedish resident? Wink

Speaking of Norse Mythology, did you know that the final stage, the huge space station, is called Yggdrasil, named after the mythical world tree?

Murikov: Score: 628,850. , Character: Uncle Beard (slow ship), Stage: 3, Played on: MAMEUI, Difficulty level: MVS

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/NGFL%20High%20Score%20Challenges/zedbladmuri5mar12.png
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

merlin
Nice score Murikov. Good to see someone else taking part. I have a feeling this could be quite a popular challenge. By the way which weapon configuration do you prefer?

The game seems to get a lot harder from stage 5 onwards. I always use Uncle Beard with front wave shot, homing missiles and rear wave shot. I noticed that you can boost your score quite a bit by milking the bosses which is quite easy to do with the early ones. Also on stage 1 you can boost your score by hugging the ground most of the time and shooting the background scenery constantly. Hugging the ground throughout that stage including during the boss fight I can get over 550000 points. Here are some useful tips I found about scoring:

http://shmups.sys...hp?t=29540

I found this playthrough really helpful too:

http://www.youtub...s3HrL4vm34

I managed an improvement:

Merlin: Score: 2,091,450. , stage 5, played on Mame32++

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/ZedBlade-5.png
Edited by merlin on 06. March 2012 08:20

NEO-GEO man
Ill have to try to track this game down at some point soon so i can get into it Smile

priest
Murikov: Welcome! I know of Yggdrasil, but I didn´t know they named an ingame spacestation after it...The pagan inside of me thinks That´s really coolSmile

Merlin: Well doneThumbs Up Thanks for the tactics and playthrough.

Neo-geo man: Maybe some cheerleaders, and so on...Wink

(I bribed another member earlier with a cheerleading gif to get him to enter a HSC, sad I knowGrin )
Edited by priest on 07. March 2012 22:05

NEO-GEO man
I dont need bribes to enter, i only need time to play the games, which lately ive been way too busy with work, only had 1 day off in the past 6 weeks!!

Also bought a new projector which im still setting up, partly done, will get there eventually Smile

priest
NEO-GEO Man: Don´t worry, it was just an attempt at humor. I know that spare time can be rare. I look forward to your entry though...

NEO-GEO man
Oh im not worried at all Wink

priest
...Thats good, worrying has never helped anyone Smile

NEO-GEO man
NEO•GEO Man: Score: 1,747,240. , Character: Sergeant Ms Charlotte (medium ship), split shot, homing missile, zigzag rear shot, Stage: ! ( completed ), Played on: home cart , Difficulty: MVS

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/image_zps9vkno4l6.jpeg

Even with full powerup i was still doing loads of dodging in some stages to stay alive

merlin
I added your score Neo-Geo Man. Well done. Thumbs Up You wrote that you completed the game which is a good achievement. The last few stages are quite difficult. I'm surprised your score is a bit lower than mine since you got a 1CC and I only reached the stage 5 boss.

NEO-GEO man
Yeah but that had me confused too, until i read your part about the shooting the ground in the first stage which i did not do. I havent tried that, and from what you said you got by doing it your score was WAY above mine after the first stage!

The last boss is pretty hard at times!

This game is ok, but its nothing great and gets a bit boring after a while.

NEO-GEO man
I get the bosses blown away as quick as i can, which is pretty quick on some of them.

merlin
That explains it. I was trying to copy some strategies from a high score video. Uncle Beard also has an advantage because he can score more points from shooting the scenery.

By the way if there are any games you or anyone else want to post a score for that still haven't got a thread please let me know and I'll create it. There are still some games we haven't covered yet e.g. Flip Shot, Gururin, World Heroes 2 Jet.

NEO-GEO man
I have WH2 JET, make a thread for that and ill get to it soonish.

Uncle Beard moves too slow in later levels, but yes i read some of that thread you linked to and saw all these tips, i pretty much did the opposite!! I doubt i could get through with the slow ship.

Jump to Forum: