Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: phipscube
Thread ID: 3827
Thread Info
There are 28 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6722 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Old timer Neo Fan here
RiKo
phipscube wrote :- My avatar is the end of level 1 boss on ASO II. I wasn't sure what it was called, but according to the manual its NUKE-II Starship. I think its such an awesome bunch of pixels.

I just looked and you are correct, but it also seems to call him Ant II when it is describing the areas. Maybe Ant-II is the Japanese name. It calls the bigship on the second level Eclipse and the boss Mantus, and the third level boss Pluto.

Thats interesting you mention about the scaling because i came to this game late after playing many other Neo games first and i didnt even really notice the scaling. I mean i saw it obviously but i didnt think 'wow'. I have so many games like that though - like the first time i saw Afterburner running. i was like 'WTF!!!' you need to see them at the time.

phipscube wrote :- Anyway mate, you need to check your back on ASO II and be prepared to find some playtime... i'm closing in Wink

i will do soon, just not playign many games at moment. I saw your scores though - you are almost there! Thumbs Up i'm sure i can beat my score at some point. You are also right - this game is a lot tougher than you expect it to be in MVS mode, so easy to die.
Edited by RiKo on 03. March 2012 17:28
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
phipscube
Hi RiKo, It is true that its one of those things you get at the time they appear. Looking at the scaling now its just meh, but back then it was awesome! Smile

This HSC thang has got me trying thats fo sho... not sure if i'll catch up really, and imagine if I do you or Will ... will (heh) whup me back down again. I'm having a good time trying though. I increased my hi tonight (got a moment, weekend is usually no PC/games when kids are up), not by an incredible amount, but i'm getting further in level 2 without getting wiped out. It really is about learning the enemies, and getting them quick before they spray bullets all over.

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Jhih-8aLAU4/T0tV9E8_5uI/AAAAAAAACNU/3K-f2lmXFTk/s504/Gigapower.jpg

Neo Geo AES:- USA Rev 1, UniBIOS 3.0, Overclock Switch, BIOS Switch, Power LED, RGBS Output Filter Mod, Rear Stereo, S-Video Out, Higher Rubber Feet and all Electrolytics replaced. Powered by a 3rd party 5V 5A PSU.

RiKo
Phipscube wrote :- This HSC thang has got me trying thats fo sho... not sure if i'll catch up really, and imagine if I do you or Will ... will (heh) whup me back down again. I'm having a good time trying though. I increased my hi tonight (got a moment, weekend is usually no PC/games when kids are up), not by an incredible amount, but i'm getting further in level 2 without getting wiped out. It really is about learning the enemies, and getting them quick before they spray bullets all over.

To be honest alpha mission is beyond me a bit at the moment due to some health problems i am having but i hope to play soon. I just play SFIV at moment cos i like playing online and i can rest for about 5 mins inbetween games. Keep going with the high scores though you are almost there! In the meantime i will try to practice on an emulator a little. Its always annoying in Alpha Mission when you die. i find it is quite often when i am trying to collect the armour or powerups, and you forget to watch out for an enemy you missed.

btw the Extra life on level 1 is nothing to do with activating the armour cos i never use the armour until the 2nd level, and i get the extra life sometimes too . The last time i got it i know i did quite well up to that point - maybe it is just picking up all the bits of armour or shooting every type of a certain enemy or acieving a certain score by that point? i have noticed that Alpha Mission adjusts its difficulty depending on how well you are doing, so if you do well - it gets a lot harder!
Edited by RiKo on 04. March 2012 22:47
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
phipscube
aye ok RiKo, I hope you get better soon. Good that you can get some gaming in with SFIV Smile

That 1up thing is probably as you said, something must trigger it, but it does seem random. Its bugging me a bit though coz I want to figure it out Grin Anyway, i'll see how far I get.

Cheers!
lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Jhih-8aLAU4/T0tV9E8_5uI/AAAAAAAACNU/3K-f2lmXFTk/s504/Gigapower.jpg

Neo Geo AES:- USA Rev 1, UniBIOS 3.0, Overclock Switch, BIOS Switch, Power LED, RGBS Output Filter Mod, Rear Stereo, S-Video Out, Higher Rubber Feet and all Electrolytics replaced. Powered by a 3rd party 5V 5A PSU.

neros
phipscube wrote:
Not many other folks like it, and it is a bit lame compared to the better Neo shooters, but for me this game was an early standout.

I had this game for my AES some time ago, but made a deal with it together with Samurai Spirits III, and got the Kizuna Encounter Super Fu'un Battle in return for MVS.

I think Alpha Misson II is not a bad game the only thing i complain about is that you can't hold on to your power ups, but that is just something you will have to learn and play with I guess Wink

All in all the game looks really nice!
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
phipscube
Aye neros, its punishing in that way, and its the kind of game that makes you play harder, and it punishes you more! But funnily enough, you get better with time. BTW, if you want to at least keep your power-ups for one life get the K icon. this will then allow you one death and you still keep your power-ups. But only seldom do the K icons appear. Its a game that needs time and learning the patterns. I just wish I had more time! (or energy?) I wanted to get on it lastnight but the kids wore me out! Gone are the hardcore days when I used to eat, breath and even sleep Video Games! (I used to play so much I could still see the game playing when I shut my eyes, themz were the days!)

neros
phipscube wrote:
Aye neros, its punishing in that way, and its the kind of game that makes you play harder, and it punishes you more! But funnily enough, you get better with time.

Damn now I want the game so badly again Shrug haha !
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
NeoGeoNinja
HIYA PHIPSCUBE...
welcome home, to NGFL Grin
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Jump to Forum: