Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Lavabeast
Thread ID: 3813
Thread Info
There are 17 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3086 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
An honor to be here
Lavabeast
Good day to all I simply go by Lavabeast or Jeff hahahaha. I actually joined this forum a couple of years ago and had great intentions of reveling in all the NEO GEO/SNK goodness sometimes life has other things in mind though ^__^ since I signed up I had a daughter who I have been hovering over pretty much since then and now she's getting annoyed I think so I have some free time.

In general I am a fanatical gamer of all platforms and titles ones related to NEO GEO just so happens to be one that keeps my interest no matter how many times I visit the titles. I can honestly play Metal Slug everyday and never loose interest. Fighters have also always been my sort of affair so naturally Neo Geo once again is right up my ally. While I was younger I won a couple of local tournaments in Art of Fighting and King of the Monsters. I was only 16 and they were tournaments I organized and promoted myself. The turnout was never that great because everyone was all about Street Fighter (which I also love) but cm'on the way the camera would zoom in on fighters when they got close to each other, the giant sized sprites, and the action packed soundtrack...I forgot what Street Fighter even was.

Now I am considerably older hahahaha but nothing much has changed at all often I find myself having even a better time now playing these titles than before. My one hope is to be able to offer this page anything in my power to keep it alive and interesting for eons to come...I personally would like to eventually get to know each and everyone here as best as we can through these wires and enjoy love, life, and of course Neo Geo! Andy

LIFE_IN_2D
Welcome, or rather, welcome back.

I hope you stick around and become a regular. Glad to see another member who got to know the Neo-geo in SNKs prime years.

Feel free to join us for Sunday chats. Usually around 3pm PST.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 19. February 2012 20:40
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Lavabeast
Sounds good my friend I look forward to it.

priest
Said it before but IŽll say it again just because NGFL is such a friendly place to be....Welcome LavabeastSmile

Good to read a bit about you and I hope that youŽll be an active contributor to our beloved forum...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
candycab
Welcome back ! Thumbs Up

KOM is one of those games that was really cool when it released. Even now though it is simplistic in its look and mechanic it still holds that bit of magic that attracted me to it in the old days.

Always loved the attract mode on that game Smile
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Lavabeast
Absolutely! I still haven't to this day spent much time with KOM 2 but 1 will always be something I enjoy...hopefully someday I will either own the actually NEO GEO cart for it or an actual Cabinet would be even better ^__^

Murikov
Hi and welcome on board(s), Lavabeast! Thumbs Up

That's exactly the spirit NGFL needs, great stuff! I'm sure you'll have a good time here when getting a regular, the sunday chat sure is a good way to get into it.

And I couldn't agree more with you about the replay factor of our beloved Neo Geo games, no matter how good nowadays games get, somehow you always return to your roots. There isn't one moment I doubt Metal Slug and other timeless classics get boring or outdated.

Have you more favorite games on the system?

And by the way, I somehow also enjoy King of Monters 1 more than it's sequel, it sure has a timeless charm!
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Lavabeast
Thank you very much Smile to date there isn't one Neo Geo title I haven't enjoyed one of the more impressive ones I left out is SNK vs Capcom Chaos. To see Street Fighter sprites converted to SNK glory blew my mind. It's always a double edged sword for me though. While I am amazed by it I at the same moment am disappointed that there was never a part two. I feel that way about all the games though. I never give up hope that someday a totally new Neo Geo generation will reveal itself. Till then...we have a load of things to enjoy thankfully.
i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg332/Lavabeast_Media/Lavabeast-KIM-sig.gif

RiKo
Welcome to NG4L again. Lavabeast. your name reminds me of the monster who lurks in the lava in Joust haha. Used to love that game.

I have to say i was more than a bit impressed by the zooming gfx in AOF back in the day too. Really was amazing at the time.

Cool Gif in your sig btw + hope to see you about the forums Thumbs Up
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Lavabeast
Thank you Smile now you have just made me want to play joust hahahahaha well I know what I'm going to be playing tonight. A lot of my friends hated it simply because it wasn't street fighter and never even gave it a try...their loss. It was nice to see it get a release on psn that way people who may never have got the chance to play it can enjoy it to. It is an honor to meet you RiKo Thumbs Up

neogeoeno
welcome dear lava Flowers im very happy to hear from yoo are old snk neo geo player like me anyway choose your left or right old neo geo joystick and enjoy the old feeling of the mighty neo geo

Lavabeast
Well met friend Grin by far the best community I have been a part of...and your avatar is great!!!

STE C
Welcome Lavabeast to the friendliest site on the net, try and get into the chat on a Sunday evening if you can , UK GMT.

Murikov
Lavabeast wrote:
It's always a double edged sword for me though. While I am amazed by it I at the same moment am disappointed that there was never a part two.

SNK Playmore actually revealed in a recent interview that they 'sincerely hope to develop a new crossover title in the future'. Maybe one day we will experience a SVC 2?

Speaking of SNKP, have you already played King of Fighters XIII or are you only into the 'real deal'? I think Playmore released an excellent reboot of the series, something of the best amongst the halfway good gaming library of nowadays...
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

merlin
Hi Lavabeast. Welcome to the site. Smile Good to see you being so active here and taking part in the high score challenges too. I hope you become a regular here. Like the others have said it'd be good to see you in one of the Sunday chat meets.

lee gray
hello lavabeast

NeoGeoNinja
HEADS UP LAVABEAST!...
welcome to NGFL dude Smile
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Jump to Forum: