Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Murikov
Thread ID: 3785
Thread Info
There are 231 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 50721 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New SNK(P) Handheld
lee gray
I tested out on my my galaxy note 2 phone charger and it works.

bojan4o
Neo-geo x review and a pretty good review
http://gamester81...em-review/
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Chiba3010
@Bojan: Yes the video does but it doesn't specify which connection recharges the unit (hopefully the non-soldered USB wire), whether or not that cable leafs to some kind of AC adapter nor does it demonstrate that one can safely recharge the unit with a standard USB power source like an iPhone USB AC charger or PC. Not to mention the fact that the system is apparently plastered with warning stickers advising against using anything but the docking station to recharge. Shrug

@lee gray: Ok, well your experience inspires a bit of confidence that similar power sources can indeed recharge the unit without harming it, sans the docking station, warnings be damned. My iPhone AC USB charger should yield similar results. Temptation is growing... Wink

bojan4o
I have a mobile usb cabel and trough the pc i charge all of my phones that have usb connection sso i don't see the problem here besides they are probably saying that you can charge it only with the docking station just to make people buy the gold edition
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

merlin
Someone just posted this at neo-geo.com and I thought it was interesting. The GCW-Zero has a 1 GHz processor so should be more powerful than a Caanoo. Seems like a better option than the Neo Geo X since the display isn't widescreen.

http://www.kickst...g-handheld

http://www.gcw-ze...

-SD-
So if these guys have been able to source a decent quantity of 4:3 320x240 LCDs, then what's Tommo's excuse?
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

merlin
Good question SD. There is no excuse.

Here are a few more videos showing off the GCW Zero. Looks impressive. I hope they manage to reach their Kickstarter funding target.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Salvio007
Actually, was going to keep hush until Merlin posted this device but...

I'm totally for supporting SNK products but I feel that the Neo-X is a piece of cheap junk that's at least already 5 years behind.
My close buddy owns one and I've played it for less then 10 mins with pure disgust - boy am I glad I did not buy one!

I've purchased 2 Chinese Android handhelds with hard buttons (one of them resembles a Sony PSP clone) and you cannot even compare them to the Neo-X.
They are built MUCH better and by this I mean - more ram, better processor (DUAL CORE) better screen and sound plus they can play almost any emulator out with exception of PS2 and Gamecube/Wii.

Prime example is this little bad boy for only $149.00 - XD-S7300-dual-core-game-console
www.willgoo.com/images/JXD-S7300-dual-core-game-console-1_02.jpg

I've purchased a few of these from Willgoo for myself and my brother over the year and I play them a lot. (you can even plug it in the TV as you would for Neo-X)
So much you can do with them and they have touch screen.
Mind you, I'm only speaking because I played with both Neo-X and these handhelds and I prefer mine for obvious reasons.
I'm not advertising for them but when it comes to spending money - I Always find the best deal for my buck.

I've currently owned the YDPG16 for a year and I love it $80.00 - (Same size as the Neo-X)
www.willgoo.com/images/Yinlips-YDPG16-Android-Retro-Handheld-3.jpg

Just a thought guys - It's shameful they present this new Neo-X product and it has the SNK logo on it. My toaster is more powerful (and built better!)
In my opinion, this device is a kick in the crotch to all of us.
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

DarakuTenshi
These other hand held devices... how well do they play fighting games? The NGX is perfect for fighting games. My experience with most handhelds they just don't translate over very well because of the crappy controller.

That YDPG16 really interests me... but it's got a PSP style controller which suck for fighting games.

Salvio007
DarakuTenshi wrote:

These other hand held devices... how well do they play fighting games? The NGX is perfect for fighting games. My experience with most handhelds they just don't translate over very well because of the crappy controller.

That YDPG16 really interests me... but it's got a PSP style controller which suck for fighting games.

They are great for fighting games.
There are two major competitors right now, Yinlips and JXD.
I own both brands and my only beef with the Yinlips YDPG16 is the D-Pad that is tear drop shaped (on all Yinlips) - I actually took my dremel and sanded it down.
If you want to buy one I would recommend the slightly larger (and more popular) YDPG19 (upgrade from YDPG18) - This is very customizable. So many easy modifications for it, such as replacing the D-Pad with PS2 D-Pad (little dremel sanding) and also replacing the battery with higher capacity one and so on.

JXD is the compitition and is also great - has a great D-Pad.

The new one I posted is dual core and a bit bigger with 1 gig of ram - I'm sure you can even run PS2 emu on it
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

Salvio007
but it's got a PSP style controller which suck for fighting games.

Oh the analog wanna-be you see bottom left? That simulates the D-Pad which is right above it. I never use it.

merlin
Those two handhelds look good especially the XD-S7300 with it's more powerful 1.5 Ghz
dual core processor and 1GB RAM. Sounds like that would be a good option for playing newer games. I think if you want a handheld for retro gaming though then it's really better to have a 4:3 display like the GCW Zero has. A few of the advantages the GCW Zero has over the NGX are having twice as much RAM and also built-in wifi.

The GCW kickstarter has already reached over $15,000 of funding after the first day. You have to pledge a minimum of $135 to get one of the handhelds which includes shipping in the US.

bojan4o
XD-S7300- it reallu looks like the wii u controler and you say how old is it? older than wii u?

any way you guys are just to picky about the screen size i play on my mobile which has 16:9 screen and all my games look great on i( playin neo-geo goodnes through mame emu for android i only have one bad thing about it it doesn load all the games i dont know why and there is no chance that a game would not load on a neo-geo x cuz its tested emulation and they make it work)

and about customizing these chinese products yes its good but when i buy something i want to buy it the way it is and i want to do what i want it to do cuz i am buying it if it was like that i would have made it my self so its the same (well i didnt express my self as i wanted on the last thing but i hope you all ubderstood me)

DarakuTenshi
bojan4o wrote:

XD-S7300- it reallu looks like the wii u controler and you say how old is it? older than wii u?

any way you guys are just to picky about the screen size i play on my mobile which has 16:9 screen and all my games look great on i( playin neo-geo goodnes through mame emu for android i only have one bad thing about it it doesn load all the games i dont know why and there is no chance that a game would not load on a neo-geo x cuz its tested emulation and they make it work)

and about customizing these chinese products yes its good but when i buy something i want to buy it the way it is and i want to do what i want it to do cuz i am buying it if it was like that i would have made it my self so its the same (well i didnt express my self as i wanted on the last thing but i hope you all ubderstood me)

No I've been watching this one for a while, but have stayed away due to the size. Anyway the Wii U controller design was released before this system. I remember seeing news feeds talking about how they stole the design for the Wii U Control Pad.

Salvio007
Indeed, that design has been out for a while.
Matter a fact, I also own the S7100 that looks exactly like it but the 1st gen version (no L+R triggers and single core cpu) and this came out 2 years ago.

I only mentioned modification because for the price you're getting a bang for your buck regardless. You can basically modify any electronic if you want lol.
I wasn't trying to advertise it as a plus, but as an fyi for people like me that like to push devices to the limit or get bored and want to experiment Wink

lee gray
I know there are alot of machines out there that do a better job but none of those machines have the words neo geo written on them and thats the only reason I got it.
If the neo x never existed I wouldnt even be bothered with anything else.

Salvio007
Here are a few more videos showing off the GCW Zero. Looks impressive. I hope they manage to reach their Kickstarter funding target.

I hope the best for them too but I have to admit, I can't justify $135 on a new Gen handheld supporting only 256mb of ram?
I mean Ram is so danm cheap now a days, they should have aimed for min 512mb to have at least a little chance against competition..
256mb puts a major setback/handicap against the newer emulators out there.

I do love the design and screen size is smart for longer battery life.

shion
For me it's not so much the screen size as it is the overall product; its design and concept are from '03. I totally don't understand this, unless they are attempting to be cleverly ironic a satirical look at the state of gaming within last ten years, a.k.a., emulation (which I seriously doubt). SNK is charging a premium price for a cheap handheld that emulates the original AES? That's all it does? There are no plans to release new, original games for the platform? How lazy. I really expected more from SNK, but these days it seems all they want to do is whore out Metal Slug and KOF in such predictable ways.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
Glowsquid
I know this is small fry compared to literally everything else about the NeoGeoX, but I just like how the Ninja Master's description on the official website is simply copied from Wikipedia. dat amount of fucks given.

bojan4o
they will be new games for the system but just the olD ones rereleased

Jump to Forum: