3D Stick FPS
boogiepop
is the new champion in
Pacman with 124330 points
Pacman

Thread Author: Murikov
Thread ID: 3785
Thread Info
There are 231 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 25847 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New SNK(P) Handheld
viktorh
-SD- wrote:
Can you provide a link to it on Play-Asia please as I can't manage to find it.

http://www.play-a...-4iv6.html

Murikov
-SD- wrote:
Can you provide a link to it on Play-Asia please as I can't manage to find it.

Here it is, it doesn't really say anything new though.

http://www.play-a...-4iv6.html

I still wonder what SNKP's reaction to this whole stuff will be (if they care at all).
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

Tobalman
I would find this believable if it was being marketed to developing countries that haven't had the luxury of experiencing retro gaming before. I am aware of companies doing this already, and it makes good sense.
Edited by Tobalman on 30. January 2012 07:48

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
Loris Biaggi
If it's from SNKP i'll take one!
If it's not... there are a lot of portable devices to play NG out there... but i'll take one! I can't resist the "Neo-Geo" logo
------------- Neo Mini Box -----------
imageshack.us/a/img832/3766/qyg.gif

-SD-
It would appear that this is actually real. It is designed by SNKP, but the manufacturing is being outsourced. I beleive it's the same company that makes the SupaBoy portable SNES clone.

The device is planned for a late March/early April release. Tommo has the U.S.A distribution rights, Blazepro is handling the Asian release and in Europe it's BigBen Interactive.

The US release isn't set in stone though, and I would imagine this is the case for Europe too. Hopefully it'll show up on Amazon UK for pre-order within a month so BBI can gauge interest. I'll be putting an order in with Play-Asia just in case, but I'd rather support a localised release.
Edited by -SD- on 16. February 2012 03:22
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

-SD-
According to this MCV article, the European release is being handled by Blaze Europe.

More impressively, they think they're going to charge £500 for it and actually sell them LOL There does seem to be some confusion over where this ridiculous price came from, but I'm sure it'll be closer to the £100 mark. Considering Blaze's upcoming GameGadget looks like a very similar sort of system and that'll be £99.99 upon release.

Murikov
The ridiculous £500 price tag comes supposedly from a potential Blaze customer who was willing to spend such an amount for that mysterious handheld. Crazy bastard.

The Neo Geo X (how it's called by now) actually will cost about £100 or less. The whole reporting about it is still a pure mess.

The supposed European publisher Blaze even set up an official website with a new concept picture a few hours ago:

http://www.neogeo...

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/neogeox.png

The site content may look quite fake and cheap so far, but it really seems to be official. The URL registrant actually is Blaze Europe Ltd. based in South Yorkshire.
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

reelmojo
I'll wait until we know for sure how and if more games will be distributed before I say I'm definitely on board with this. If this ends up being just another way to play games from the first few years of the NG's existence then I'll pass because there's already like a million ways to play those games. But if I can get Garou on it easily for a good price? Hell yes. Imagine how much cooler you'll feel playing a portable NeoGeo next to people playing their Vitas and 3DSs.

The eccentric cat
It looks so sleek... I'm surprised SNKP is even making a system in this day and age. I wonder how its going to fare out compared to the other portables.
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

-SD-
If the machine is somehow locked to the pre-installed ROMs, I give it 48 hours after release until someone hacks it and has the entire MVS ROM set running on it.

Give it another couple of days/weeks and you'll hopefully see CPS 1 & 2, Megadrive, SNES, etc. all running perfectly on it.

I've been examining the pictures a little closer, and I really don't think we're getting a Pocket style stick. I reckon it's going to be a digital analogue style stick like one of the GP2X revisions, or more likely an analogue, er, analogue stick like what's on the Caanoo. In fact I reckon this is going to end up turning out to be a repackaged Caanoo. Gamepark Holding are no longer making hardware, so it makes sense for someone to license the technology rather than create nearly the exact same thing from scratch.

If I'm right about the hardware, then the next round of 'Teh Drama' will be if someone discovers it's running GnGeo....
Edited by -SD- on 17. March 2012 10:18

bayoubilly
Hi everybody,

As you probably already know the Neo Geo Portable (or Neo Geo X) will be released in the next few months.

What do you think about this handheld ?

- Design : Pictures : http://www.engadg...-portable/ (it looks like an Iphone or a Dingoo A320)
- 3.5-inch LCD display
- Manufacturer choice (a company named Blaze) look at their existing products : http://www.blazee...
- SD port : No information at all regarding this feature.. Rumors said that there will be an online store to download games on your Neo Geo X even if nothing mention that the Neo Geo X will support wireless connection
- AV output ! Clap
- Games (20 games will be included with the Neo Geo X)
1. ART OF FIGHTING
2. BASEBALL STARS
3. CYBER LIP
4. FATAL FURY
5. FATAL FURY SPECIAL
6. FOOTBALL FRENZY
7. KING OF THE MONSTERS
8. LAST RESORT
9. LEAGUE BOWLING
10. MAGICIAN LORD
11. METAL SLUG
12. MUTATION NATION
13. NAM 1975
14. SAMURAI SHODOWN
15. SENGOKU
16. SUPER SIDEKICKS
17. THE KING OF FIGHTERS’94
18. THE ULTIMATE 11
19. TOP PLAYERS GOLF
20. WORLD HEROES

It is intended to be a "limited edition" release and according to several websites the price tag will be around 500£ ! Shock

I had the Dingo A320, the MVS/AES emulation was decent for the majority of the games (slowdown on Metal Slug 2/3 perhaps 4 and 5 too).

Nintendo DS/3DS : I only played MS 7 on the DS and I didn't found it well done not because of the game but because of the Nintendo DS itself which I found to have a too small screen for this kind of games. I didn't played emulators on the DS either.

The Sony PSP had the Metal Slug Anthology, Metal Slug XX releases and SNK Arcade Classic volume 1. On one hand Metal Slug XX was really well done to my opinion but MS Anthology suffered from several loading times and SNK Arcade Classics had the same problem. Overall PSP is a real portable solution for SNK games playing (if you are using a CFW and PSP AES/MVS emulators).

I'm both interested and curious regarding this handheld, for sure I will be nothing like a Neo Geo Pocket and it will not be either like a real AES or MVS system but having a real platform to play Neo Geo Games on the go makes me very enthousiastic ! Wink

But I also have to say that I had tested "cheap" handheld like the Dingoo A320, I'm a little bit scared of the Neo Geo X especially after seeing products manufactured by Blaze (http://www.blazeeurope.com)

Do you think that existing handhelds like PSP, Nintendo DS/3DS and other open source handhelds like the Dingoo A320, Caanoo or OpenPandora already offer a great alternative for SNK AES/MVS game playing on the go ? Or do you think that the Neo Geo X could be the ultimate handlheld to play SNK games ?

Link to the official Neo Geo X website : http://www.neogeo.../home.html
Link to the Ben Heck's "MVS portable" : http://benheck.co...s-portable Grin
Edited by bayoubilly on 26. May 2012 15:30

http://www.alpacino-fanclub.com
priest
Bayou Billy: I merged your thread with the already existing thread on the subject.
img102.imageshack.us/img102/9359/lastsuppersnkhz7.gif

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

img339.imageshack.us/img339/6738/1032017122.th.jpg

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Tobalman
It looks pretty lame to me, to be perfectly honest. Even if it can be "hacked," I don't see a lot of possibilities that can be done with it... Prove me wrong SNK-Playmore? Shrug

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
-SD-
At last, there's some more information available

img846.imageshack.us/img846/9925/xlargem.jpg

Remember in January how everyone got a little excited about the official return of the Neo Geo brand, via a new handheld system called the NEOGEO X GOLD? Yeah, well, it might be time to get a little less excited.

Because the thing costs $200.

That's right. For a small handheld that plays a bunch of games that are 15-20 years old, you'll be paying almost as much as you would a modern system from the likes of Sony or Nintendo.

I mean, sure, it comes with a bunch of pre-installed games (see below), a rather fetching replica arcade joystick and a docking station (that doubles as a video out station), but still, $200? They're crazy.

Confirming specs first listed earlier this year, the NEOGEO X GOLD handheld itself will boast a 4.3" LCD screen, a headphone jack and an "expandable game card slot".

The pre-installed games on the handheld are:

3 COUNT BOUT
LEAGUE BOWLING
ART OF FIGHTING II
MAGICIAN LORD
ALPHA MISSION II
METAL SLUG
BASEBALL STARS II
MUTATION NATION
CYBER LIP
NAM 1975
FATAL FURY
PUZZLED
FATAL FURY SPECIAL
REAL BOUT - FATAL FURY SPECIAL
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95
SAMURAI SHODOWN II
KING OF THE MONSTERS
SUPER SIDEKICKS
LAST RESORT
WORLD HEROES PERFECT

It'll be out worldwide on December 6.

Kotaku Article

Press Release

Confirms its going to have HDMI output. I doubt very much there'll be any option for scan lines, as that would be too awesome, but we'll have to wait and see.

I think I know what Santa's bringing me for Xmas this year....

Beard
Edited by -SD- on 13. August 2012 14:56

LIFE_IN_2D
$200?!

www.fmvmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/planet-of-apes-twist.jpeg

"YOU MANIACS... AH DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!"

DO NOT WANT.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

bojan4o
It says 4.3“ when it was confirmed it will be less so thqt might be unofficial source until the company that is making it says officially how much it will cost i don't believe thicause if you remember the first thing that they said it was 500$ where do they. come up with these stuff seriously
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

TF73
I'm actually looking forward to this one and hopefully more games will be released for it. Although I suspect it wont take long before it's hacked. If it's released at 200USD I think that is an acceptable price.

NEO-GEO man
It is with 20 games provided there is provision for link up of sorts with 2 players, and the games play absolutely perfectly...

Chiba3010
I'll admit that the stick and docking station make this a bit more interesting. Might wait until some reviews of the hardware and performance appear online before plunking down $200 on launch day...
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

bojan4o
Yea some previews would be great
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Jump to Forum: