Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: CrazyDiamond
Thread ID: 3770
Thread Info
There are 16 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2568 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
R.I.P. Capcom
CrazyDiamond
What can I say about Capcom? I used to be a fan of theirs, but ever since 2011, they've been making alot of bad business decisions, and they've been treating their fans like garbage. Really sad. So I consider the Capcom I used to know dead. They cancel Megaman Universe, they cancel Megaman Legends 3 and blame the fans for it being cancelled (not to mention Keiji Inafune wanted to continue the project, and they wouldn't let him), they release an update of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 only 9 months after the original game came out with a bunch of stuff that should've been DLC instead of a new physical game disc, they sold Devil May Cry to Ninja Theory, it's sad like I said. So, I put together a tribute video to the Capcom of yesteryear for everyone to remember that they didn't use to be as bad as they are today and used to make quality titles. I'm aware that I left out several important titles, but you can only fit so many games into a 3 minute video.

YouTube Video

Edited by CrazyDiamond on 13. January 2012 01:21

SteveDave
Maybe now they have time to do ONE sequel to Red Earth.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

NeoStrayCat
I see what you did there, but you still know that capcom is still going and the title of the vid might have to be changed since some people will get confused at first.
gamercards.exophase.com/33313.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
SteveDave
Mega Man has been on the chopping block for years. The amount of Mega Man sequels is a running joke to most.

Devil May Cry, excellent game, lots of untapped potential. Not enough "name" recognition.

Ultimate MvC 3 probably should have been DLC, but it had enough tweaks to at least warrant a standalone. Online is better too.

I enjoy all of em'. Just playing Devil's advocate.

RiKo
I didnt know they had sold DMC to Ninja theory, maybe its like a Halo thing and the developer just wants to work on something else now, let someone else do something fresh with it. Its hard to imagine it being as good though. Not sure if Capcom is dying. lets see how their next lot of games shape up first Smile

I do remember in the SNES era when they just kept releasing rubbish Final Fight sequels and new Street Fighter 2 games with tiny changes, sometimes they were just a bit faster and maybe one of the characters got a blue fireball or a flaming punch. They still do that now but in those days it would cost you 60 for the new version. Doesnt sound like much has changed Wink
Edited by RiKo on 13. January 2012 21:48
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
lee gray
I didnt mind getting UMVC due to the fact i never had the original........I think I might have been a bit annoyed if I had though.

SteveDave
RiKo wrote:]I do remember in the SNES era when they just kept releasing rubbish Final Fight sequels and new Street Fighter 2 games with tiny changes, sometimes they were just a bit faster and maybe one of the characters got a blue fireball or a flaming punch. They still do that now but in those days it would cost you 60 for the new version. Doesnt sound like much has changed Wink

Hit the nail on the head.

STE C
I suppose you could add SNK,SEGA,KONAMI to that list . Sad fact is the big Jap studios are all loosing the plot in terms of quality. Its been rotting in since about 2002 sadly but they still make some quality games although Sega should change their name to sub out. That er means hire out their property's to other studios as they cant be arsed making games anymore.

CrazyDiamond
What's wrong with SEGA? They've been releasing the best Sonic games we've had in years as of late.

STE C
I agree that 2010s Sonic & Sega All Star Racing is fantastic and my fave game of that year. But fact is it was made in Sheffield here in the UK by a team of Brits called Sumo Digital, who to be fair are very talented as the game is great.

But end of the day its not really Sega is it as most the staff worked for Gremlin & Infogames, 2 former big European based studios. Sega is now a publisher.

Sonic Generations was actually made in Japan but I dont think its anything special.

CrazyDiamond
What about Sonic Colors? That game kicks ass too!

marktheshark
Agreed. So many companies went down the shitter this generation like Square Enix and Konami. Even Nintendo is going down the same path with the 3DS and Wii U.
www.theotaku.com/guru_results/2613_Wind.jpg

merlin
Personally I'm too busy enjoying all the classic games Capcom and these other developers have given us over the years to even notice what they're up to these days. I'm just grateful for the games they've already given us and don't feel any sense of disappointment.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

candycab
STE C wrote:Sega is now a publisher

You beat me to it Smile

Ohh how the mighty have fallen....

I noticed a few years back that they seemed to be going down the same road as EA in terms of becoming a publisher. Use the name as a selling point then turn out games weather they are good or not, rake in the dough, repeat. Not that its all shit but more often than not it sure seems that way, kinda like EA and their "Need for Cash" series that peaked several years ago imho. Then there is their rehash sports franchises that never really change much but new releases every Six months.

I'm sure its tough to come up with new directions to take gaming but neither Sega or EA seem to even try and just continue to milk the same old Cow over again.

I find all this very sad as I was a very happy gamer in the early years of both companies when they really were the cream of the crop.

Never really been much of a Capcom fan on any level except for the CPS/CPSII Arcade hardware etc so they have been more or less dead to me for a long time. Sure I've played the usual modern releases like RE and DMC but never found any of it to be something I really cared about playing and had to own. But then given a choice I have always preferred Arcade hardware over any console.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shadi_Potter
merlin wrote:
Personally I'm too busy enjoying all the classic games Capcom and these other developers have given us over the years to even notice what they're up to these days. I'm just grateful for the games they've already given us and don't feel any sense of disappointment.

I'm totally with this. I'm not too into all those recent games they continually release, or like the hit-or-miss remakes for arcade classics.

http://www.arcadequartermaster.com
Wonderboy
I've never forgiven Capcom for taking seven years to release the sequel to Street Fighter II. And you know they were delaying it as long as possible, just to milk everything they practically could get from two. Three was so awful, IMO, that within the first five minutes I wanted to throw the cab off a bridge and light it on fire, and egg the windows of everybody who was involved in this abomination. In hindsight, they should've made Alpha the sequel and had just been done with it. Instead, they made the wait anti-climactic, definitely souring me.

Mega Man started being lame when they stopped making sequels for the original and instead started focusing on the X series. One X game would've been OK, sort of as an experiment, but 5 freakin' sequels? My problem with X is it elaborates an already-perfect forumla. The addition of new moves and extensive exploration takes the series further away from its roots. I don't know, the features in each game just seem greater than the respective game itself. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I just cringed at what they did to Mega Man thereafter, in the 0s.

I just don't think Resident Evil 3 was a worthy sequel. That series has steadily declined sequel after sequel, yet the fanboy following steadily increases sequel after sequel.

Overall, same old sh*t, different smell, and it's been that way for many, many years now. Honestly, the number of games they've ever made that are genuinely good I can count on my two hands: definitely a rude awakening for any fanboy who hypes up every single thing they release.
Edited by Wonderboy on 16. January 2012 03:52

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
Jump to Forum: