Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 3749
Thread Info
There are 7 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5758 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The Last Blade 2: NGFL High Score Challenge
priest
Happy New year and welcome to the firs HSC game of this year; The Last Blade 2. The predecessor to this game was one of the first to become a HSC game and it was quite a popular game with many entrants. I would hope that this challenge will be equally or even more successfull.

Good luck with the scores and also please let us know what you think of this gem of a game (Oooops just my personal opinion) in the GOTW thread, see link below...

The Last Blade 2 GAME OF THE WEEK thread:

http://www.neogeo...ad_id=3753

flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/snk/14117401.jpg

www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/kaede-moriya-special.gif

The rules:

* Play whichever version you like: NEO GEO MVS / NEO GEO AES / NEO GEO CD / EMULATOR

* Difficulty: MVS - level 4 / AES - MVS setting

* Lives: Default setting

* Credits: 1

* Multiple runs as training is of course allowed. Also if you manage to surpass your previous score then just post it and I'll update the first post.

* No cheating with any kind of UNI-BIOS is allowed.

* Miss-using bugs or glitches in games in order to boost you score isn't allowed and if discovered will lead to disqualification of your score.

* No cheating in Emulators such as autofire, Pausing or infinite lives are allowed
(or any other effect you can use in emulators to make the game easier, score higher etc)

* Photographic proof is not needed as I believe that we are all honorable people. If you like though you can attach a photo or a mini-clip with your highscore.

* State which platform you played this game on.

* The goal: Highest score possible.

* How to present your highscore to make my work a lot easier, EXAMPLE:

User nickname: Score: , Character: , End level: , Difficulty level: ...and other facts

There will be no closing dates for the different HSC threads. They will always be there ready to accept new challengers. But I will start to award the winner a medal as soon as scores are posted. And as I said the challenge will always be there.

If you have ANY questions about this NGFL Highscore Challenge, don't hesitate to contakt Me (priest) who's the mod. for this thing...

G O O D www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/recca-dragon-cool.gif L U C K

Scoreboard:

1. freebie, Score: 1,091,500, Character: Hibiki (power mode), End level: Finished game, Played on: Finalburn Alpha, Difficulty level: MVS/4

i.imgur.com/0PvqBaj.jpg

2. ?

3. ?

www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/yuki-20hit.gif
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
priest
Canīt belive thereīs no interest for this one Shock
Edited by priest on 08. January 2012 09:15

freebie
Yeah, it's real strange there were/is no interest in TLB2 challange.

A couple weeks ago I decided it is about time to see number two in the series Smile. Naturally I started trying to 1 credit it. Myabe about two weeks (not every day though), I was trying. Game is different beast than the previous one. It's faster, refined, maybe smoother with a little bit of change on the deflect (that causes big difference). While first one was a little bit "clunky" (should I say), this one make even characters that weren't interesting very different. Oh and there is not like new moves added to them (maybe one or two or some parts of move got changed, but I tried only a few characters).

Oh well, I should get to the point Smile. The character that captivated me straight away was Hibiki. The first game had a great cast, but no one come close to my heart now that I think about it (though I like first game more overall). Clearly that was the one I had to study Grin, and so I did.

I have to mention she is very strange type of character to play with. I believe that is the first one that plays like that I have seen in a fighting game. It's a very unique mix. Risky - because if she misses (on some moves especially) her sheathing animation is very slow, giving enough time to the opponent to attack. Having not very long range, no fireball move, and not special moves that deals with anti-air (leaving only her normal B ). She doesn't even had that many moves, which was very disappointing for me when I learned that. But that didn't discourage me, cause when in love you can igrore the slight defects (Grin). The good thing is she is very quick with the legs (there I say fast), and that lightning fast moves of her compensate to a degree. Plus she is cool Grin, even when forced to play defensive. Altogether I had the feeling she is somewhat incomplete but I got content with that.

Ok enough of this personal blabber Grin.
I manage to finish the game with her using 1 credit two days ago. I've been trying for a while and it was the hardest I did so far. You indeed have to get real skilful at the game to be able to play it all/Right. I didn't achieve that unfortunately. I didn't even get to use the deflect (as first one), which is so important here. The rewarding/gaining points system is the same as number 1 sadly (at least I didn't notice something way different). If you get hit you lose big 100k nevertheless you got hit only once:(. The artificial intelligence is way better as well. My ass started to get kicked right in match 3 (which is usually the thing), but here I was beated repeatedly. Especially against Juzoh (ouch). Later stages were no slouch as well. I think I beat Moriya just a couple of times when I happened meet him... The final boss was overpowerd as ever Grin.

When I beated the game using 1 credit I was ecstatic like never Grin. Here's the score:

i.imgur.com/WzvQyqv.jpg

User nickname: freebie, Score: 742 300, Character: Hibiki (power mode), End level: Finished game, Played on: Finalburn Alpha, Difficulty level: MVS/4

Not very high (or good) score, but it should suffice Pfft. I think I lost some rounds as well. Nevertheless I'm just happy that I mange to do it Smile.
Btw I had not idea what was going on with her story. I red that she is after Setsuna (one of the new characters). But nothing like that come around. She didn't even fought him. Most of all that I learned (about her father and what he did etc.) was what I red on the net not in game... Very confusing. Myabe I'm missing something (or eventual story play with Setsuna may shed some light). If anyone have some info I'll be thankfull to share it.
Edited by freebie on 21. December 2014 20:31

priest
Freebie: Your "personal blabber" is entertaining to read, keep it up Grin

The pole position is yours Thumbs Up

freebie
Hah, thanks priest Smile.

A little update I made today Smile:

i.imgur.com/mS6pZH2.jpg

freebie, Score: 925,800, Character: Hibiki (power mode), End level: Finished game, Played on: Finalburn Alpha, Difficulty level: MVS/4

Time passesed and I've made better score while trying from time to time. In that particular run I've faced Moryia, and it was quite the clutch fight. Everything else was fine, but could've been much better. I'm still unable to finish the game wihtouht losing some round/s.
Also some strange bug occured in one of my tries, score just forze for a few rounds/matches Grin. I was sad for a moment, but than again it's just a game.

p.s - priest I noticed that I forgot to change one line (in the presentation of the high score) of the placeholder that I used from LB1. I played the game on Finalburn Alpha, not on MAME (not a big deal, but it's wrong and I'll edit my previous post).

Edit 1:

Improved a little bit the last score:

i.imgur.com/4CbUgmw.jpg

freebie, Score: 963,100, Character: Hibiki (power mode), End level: Finished game, Played on: Finalburn Alpha, Difficulty level: MVS/4

Edit 2:
And another one (sorry about that Smile):

i.imgur.com/0PvqBaj.jpg

freebie, Score: 1,091,100, Character: Hibiki (power mode), End level: Finished game, Played on: Finalburn Alpha, Difficulty level: MVS/4

At last I made it withouht losing any rounds Smile (the last one was very close though and my health bar was almost gone). It was a very good run from the start and eventually end up my highest score so far (I doubt I can improved it much more).
Edited by freebie on 23. December 2014 14:17

priest
Freebie: Itīs interesting to read about your progress. Well doneThumbs Up

The Scoreboard is updated.

...Iīll correct the LB scoreboard next.

freebie
Very kind of you priest Smile.

I believe my wording was not very correct and you misunderstood me. LB scoreboard is fine, I believe. I meant that I used the template (place holder is probably not the right word) for my score on LB2 from there and forgot the change the "Played on"part to FBA. As for LB1 I played it on MAME.

Jump to Forum: