Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 3719
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6184 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
2011 SO HOW WAS IT FOR YOU
STE C
Well its getting towards that time for my year end thread. By all means wait a few weeks if you dont wanna post on it yet as we still have 2 weeks of the year left.

So 2011 how was it for you, be as open as you like about your year give us the good & the bad, did it live up to your expectations.

Me

The GOOD

decent year for games , KOF XIII wow return to form for SNK a total surprise of epic proportions for me, best SNK game since KOF03.

Rage, best FPS I have played since 2001 ( Red Faction) and game of the year in my house.

Bulletstorm, complete surprise here but one of the best games I played all year , shame it bombed so no sequel then. Dead Space 2, Red Faction Armageddon, Gears 3, all very enjoyable. Alice Madness Returns being another game I loved ( that also failed at retail).

Got married had great day and lovely honeymoon in Scotland + it did not rain that day.

Got the ultimate gaming chair, a huge 2 seater leather recliner that actually supports your whole body and is completely adjustable front and back, pure luxury and well worth the cash.

got some major home improvements done , new flooring, new windows , carpets ect .

still got job.

R3 retro event in Blackpool was great again, got to spend time with the Ninja .

Really succeeding in cutting down on booze and binge drinking, winning.

loving my cycling and walking

Trent Reznor winning oscar for his music score to Social Network, the mans a genius and the world now knows.

Still feeling happy and content with life in general, stress free life long may it continue.

Glad all the old school are still about on this site ( despite lack of staying new members) I guess ive been here since 2009 so am I part of the old crowd.

Health still good and being in a healthy financial situation for now.

THE BAD

Duke Nukem Forever, whilst not terrible ( it was vaguely enjoyable) should have been so much better but I guess you cant polish a turd.

Uncharted 3, MW3, being the most over-hyped average , lazy , unremarkable games I have had the dubious pleasure of playing all year. Drake 3 I thought was garbage compared to its prequels.

No Shenmue 3 news apart from Suzuki saying he still wants to make it.

The recession here in the UK is actually getting worse ( sympathy to you other struggling Euro countries too).

Job insecurity

No new of new consoles . No I am not interested in the Wii U.

weather here in the North of UK has bee worst I can ever remember, no summer just rain.

The death of former Alice In Chains bassist Mike Starr & The Bluetones calling it a day.

The lack of any kind of creativity at Sega .

Had weeks holiday in Italy and apart from visiting Switzerland we did not really enjoy it or consider it good value ( wrong hotel,wrong location) no offense to Italy itself its a beautiful country. Gonna holiday in blighty next year cant be arsed with airports/planes.
Edited by STE C on 16. December 2011 21:32

lee gray
Glad you are enjoying married life.

For me its been just another year, full of tasty kebabs Smile
glad I got a PS3 and KOFXIII as its an awesome game
Been able to treat myself which is always good.
Enjoyed going to film conventions.

STE C
Maybe 2012 should be the year I actually overcome my fear of kebabs and try one Hmm

STE C
Nah walked past kebab shop on Saturday night and despite my drunken condition the sights inside the kebab shop soon put me off the idea. Lots of young men using bad language and very unsavory looking chaps slicing meat off a big spit, they actually looked like they had not washed in while. Not this year then.
Edited by STE C on 20. December 2011 19:13

STE C
Come on chaps only a day or so before 2012 lets get this thread going like last year.

LIFE_IN_2D
2011 was mostly spent working like a dog. This whole year went by fast as hell. 2011 is ending quite nicely now, and there's even a chance of meaningful romance for me in the coming year. 2011 wasn't the best year for me, but it certainly was not the worst.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 30. December 2011 02:34
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Murikov
Before quitting the year that 2011 was I'll put in my two cents as well.

LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
This whole year went by fast as hell.

I couldn't agree more about that when describing my personal 2011, scarcely I thought the summer was ending, the winter already came in and with it a foreseeable end of the year, damn! It must have been my studies which killed my time so effectively and caused emptiness on my bank account... So no AES games for my humble self.

However, as for the Gaming year 2011 I've had very good times with certain titles, ahead of everything with King of Fighters XIII. A brilliant game which proves that SNKP still has some developing skills and tons of potential for further excellent 2D titles.

Console-wise I've also had great fun with the Initial-D series for PS2 and PS3, awesome racing titles produced by Sega's mastermind. These games with the according Anime surely have a place in my Gamer's heart.

The rest of the Gaming year was influenced by some PC titles, but due to the lack of my liquid resources I haven't had the chance to enjoy some games I'd have liked to play (for example Rage, Portal 2 or Red Orchestra 2).
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

cthulhu
Had a pretty good year.

The GOOD:
Holiday in Rome earlier this year with my Wife and son...really nice weather. Also a trip to Gent in Belgium was very nice. Had a great time at Neurotic Deathfest, that had an awesome lineup.
A bit morbid, but a couple of days ago was really the highlight of this year...I had the chance to be present at an autopsy. One of the Pathologists at work asked if someone wanted to go with him and I told him that I really wanted to go (been trying for a couple of years without any luck). Really interesting to see how a Pathologist investigates how a patient had died and how relatively easy it is to take the human body apart on the inside.

The BAD:
Yet another death in the family due to cancer and another one was just diagnosed with cancer...not really positive because she has metastatic nodules in the liver and that means that there is almost no possible way to be cured...you just can't live without a liver.
Wacken Open Air 2012 has already been sold out, so no Wacken next year...which sucks.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
Sounds like you had a particularly good year STE. Great to hear there's the chance of some romance for you 2D. I really hope it works out.

Sorry to hear about your family situation Cthulhu. Unfortunately cancer has also had a major impact on my family.

I had a pretty good year overall. Like the last few years I was lucky enough to not have to work and therefore had loads of free time. I feel I should have achieved more with all that free time though and have been a bit lazy sometimes. The highlight for me was my two months in Japan which was an incredible experience. It was really cool to meet up with some people from NeoGeoForLife this year. I met Kaz, Powerwave and Raiken. I had never met anyone from the site before. I also had a very nice new kitchen installed in my house which I'm very pleased with especially since the previous one was literally falling apart. After a break of a few years I got back into playing a musical instrument. I started playing the recorder again and am really enjoying it. It's always been one of my favourite musical instruments.

As for gaming in 2011 I had countless hours of enjoyment playing with friends on Kaillera. My King of Dragons adventures in Japan were pretty special too. It was a dream come true to finally buy the PCB and a great feeling when I achieved a 'no miss' for the first time in an arcade in Takamatsu and also 1CC with all 5 characters in Tokyo arcades.

I hope more people will post in this thread.
Edited by merlin on 30. December 2011 18:39

hitorkori
A little start to end this year just enjoyed the birth of new son on 19th dec & now a dad of three 2 girls 5 & 2. been out of work for 8 months but with wife pregnant etc doing school/nursery runs etc like a full time job in itself look for something better start of new year. highlights are all the good neo stuff i spent most my redundancy on an aes abot 20 carts & my analouge wooden cmvs which is awsome + kof 13 is fantastic love goes out gow3 bf3 & uncharted 3 too. & all the banter on this great forum happy new year too all & look forard to year 2012.

LIFE_IN_2D
It's BARELY 2012 here and already, some asshole has tried to pick a fight with me. My fault for being at a bar on New Year's Eve.

I dunno what it is about my face, macho-men just want to push it in.

Same old story...

Can't the world fucking explode already? Pfft
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 01. January 2012 08:05
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
It's BARELY 2012 here and already, some asshole has tried to pick a fight with me. My fault for being at a bar on New Year's Eve.

Same old story...

Sorry to hear that.

Well, according to what some people say about the Mayan Calendar...
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Supergrafx
hitorkori wrote:
A little start to end this year just enjoyed the birth of new son on 19th dec & now a dad of three 2 girls 5 & 2. been out of work for 8 months but with wife pregnant etc doing school/nursery runs etc like a full time job in itself look for something better start of new year. highlights are all the good neo stuff i spent most my redundancy on an aes abot 20 carts & my analouge wooden cmvs which is awsome + kof 13 is fantastic love goes out gow3 bf3 & uncharted 3 too. & all the banter on this great forum happy new year too all & look forard to year 2012.

Congratulations on the new arrival to your family hitorkori .Thumbs Up I sincerely hope that things improve for you on the job front in 2012 mate.

STE C
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

Same old story...

This is the reason I have no interest in going to pubs/clubs anymore. I know how you feel 2D I have had this problem most of my adult life despite me never being a trouble maker or even looking like one( you guys have seen the photos of me and I am sure you agree I look do not look like a hard man or trouble maker, my wife thinks I look very innocent ) but still I have always had this problem with people trying to pick fights with me. If I was 6.5ft built like The Rock would I get this trouble, nah but because I am slim and possibly slightly geeky looking I get picked on always by people of bigger statue.

A lover not a fighter I have always been , why anybody would want to go out looking for a fight rather than trying to pull chicks is something I dont get, or perhaps guys who start fights do it out of frustration because they cant pull chicks, YES thats it that is actually it.

Jump to Forum: