Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 3717
Thread Info
There are 9 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4244 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
SO WATCHA WATCHA WHAT U WANT IN 2012
STE C
Yes its that time of year again already,

So watcha watcha what you want in 2012

Many of you will recall I made this thread last year ( is it really a year unfortunately so) maybe worth looking back on last years thread to see how much came true that we desired for 2011
As per usual its about what you want in 2012 in terms of games , plans , anything personal you wanna share , your hopes your wishes.

ME and gaming wants

I really want a new console from Sony/Microsoft to be announced, I know games of late have been technically impressive eg Rage but myself and I am sure many others want to move on to new technology. Its not to much to ask to have all games running at 60frs in 1080p, after all its the pleasure pc gamers have now. 2013 release would be fair enough but I want to see evidence next year that something is at least happening.

My excitement can not be contained for Max Payne 3 due March.The game looks fantastic judging by the gameplay trailers and 9 years has been a long time to wait but I am well up for this.

Doom 4, now ID have released Rage rumours are Doom 4 is due next year. This is very unlikely the pace ID work at but I am sure we will see some evidence of the return of this beloved franchise. Bioshock Infinite , Halo 4 , GTA5 could all be exciting ( yeah more sequels), but im cool as long as the quality is high.

Still I would like to see more original games/franchises in 2012.

A new game off SNK , pref a new SS or Last Blade reboot. And for SNK to remain as a game studio.

I still have fading hope for Shenmue 3.

ok my personal life now.

I would love for the government to cap immigration into the UK with immediate effect ( unless for necessary skilled workers such a Doctors ect). I am not racist but we need British jobs for British workers to get the country back on its feet. Youth unemployment is at a record high and these kids are our future, what future do we have in our old age when kids do not know what an honest days works is. Bet you Tory voters are regretting that decision.

To see some hope of the deep recession curbing, a glimmer of light through these dark times.

I am keen to continue my clean living from this year and keep my alcohol intake low + never touch narcs as I have left that in the past , despite constant temptation.

Please a better summer as the constant rain really f*cked up my cycling routine and I lost fitness.

Sega, please release a decent game by your own studio.

To still be in employment despite the retail sector being in terrible shape, I really dont wanna be out of a job at 37 that would be tough.

For my recent marriage to continue being strong and loving, which I am sure it will.

My all time favorite band Suede to release a rumored new album

And of coarse for this great site to continue being a big part of my life due to all you cool guys.Kiss
Edited by STE C on 16. December 2011 20:51

candycab
A new Beasties album would be cool Grin
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

RiKo
I am going to be very demanding Smile

I'm with STE on Shenmue 3. but i will go one further and say i want it on Dreamcast 2.

I want 3D films to go full surround 3D e.g. wear VR goggles - put me in the movie dammit - it's the future anyway.

I want more new Neo Geo releases and some from SNK too *fingers crossed*

um...and i also would like 2nd home in the US, and maybe a 3rd one on the mediterranean too Wink

I'm not going into my personal life or it will depress people (seriously), but will be happy if i can just put on some weght instead of losing it:( not in best health at moment...
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
-SD-
I think so far I'm most interested in seeing the final retail version of the WiiU. I'm still not totally convinced that it's worth purchasing, but I am quite intrigued by the hardware. The Vita has already been released, but it'll be interesting to see the UK launch and how well it does.

I really hope that the WiiU is the only new home console released next year. I'm sure that hardware details for the new PlayStation and Xbox will be revealed at either TGS or E3, but hopefully it'll be at least 2013 till they're released. Personally, I'd be happy if we didn't see anything until 2014, but I really think that's pushing it as far as Sony or MS are concerned.

I'm looking forward to the new iPad in March/April time that'll hopefully feature a higher-res screen. I'm still debating whether to update my iPhone 3G for a 4S or just wait until next September time for a 5.

There's a lovely chap over at ASSEMbler who's working on a Dreamcast GD-ROM drive emulator. So hopefully at some point next year you'll be able to plug/solder a small PCB into your DC MoBo with a HDD attached containing all your game ISOs. Considering how dodgy GD drives are and how prone to oxidisation the discs can be, this is awesome news for DC preservation. I've also been meaning to get one of Flavor's NGPC Flash Carts so that'll have to wait till the new year now.

As for Neo Geo games, I'd like to get Pulstar and Viewpoint on MVS as they're the last of the shmups I really want. I've decided upon my next AES purchase: Matrimelee, Rage of the Dragons, Samurai Spirits 4 and Real Bout Special. Other than the King of Fighters, that'll be me done for Neo fighting games. I always had a good idea of what games I wanted before I started 'Round 2' and other than conversions of Metal Slug and Shock Troopers, that'll be my collection near enough complete. I'm very interested in getting hold of a PGM and games again though.

I'm also looking forward to moving house as soon as possible after Xmas and investing more time into my new business venture. Hopefully we'll have a very successful year.

I went to see my boy's teacher last week as he really hasn't had a very good term. He's decided that she doesn't like him, but it's more that he can't see his own faults. I really don't know what to do, but I'm not going to go through another 24 weeks of him hating school every day. I've tried to sort things out so that they can start afresh in the new year and hopefully get on.

I've also started buying EuroMillions tickets. I've decided that I want a Ferrari 458 Spider (200k, to go to the Golf Club ), an Aston Martin Rapide (140k, to do the school run) and a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead ('cos if you're spending 310k on a car, you want a soft-top Roller). As well as a nice big house in Oundle, an 85" Bang & Olufsen TV and AV system in said house and the kids in Oundle School (about 15000 each per year for the next 12 years). And to do that, as well as sorting me Parents out, we're going to need a good 40 million. I might even splash out on all six Metal Slugs on AES......
Edited by -SD- on 18. December 2011 00:16
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

STE C
RiKo wrote:
Wink

I'm not going into my personal life or it will depress people (seriously), but will be happy if i can just put on some weght instead of losing it:( not in best health at moment...

That sucks Riko I really hope your health improves and you feel better in 2012, we are all routing for you dude. Clap

STE C
Come on chaps only a day or so before 2012 lets get this thread going like last year.

LIFE_IN_2D
In regards to gaming, only thing I'm looking forward to is Gun Lord.

------

As for life in general, I'm really looking forward to 2012. If the world explodes, that's fucking peachy...

... but if the world goes on, I might actually get back into the serious dating bit again. This girl (whom I've considered a friend for years) just took our friendship to the next level, and I might actually go with it.

Besides that, I just hope to either get promoted at work or even find a better job altogether. I'm happy where I am but at the same time, I know I could do better.

Wish me luck, boyos.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 30. December 2011 02:47
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Murikov
Sorry for hearing that some of you guys still have (health) problems, I can't do anything but wishing you all the best for the oncoming year. Thumbs Up

As for 2012 I indeed see some dark times coming. The currency crisis in Europe and the national debts of many industrial countries won't be over so soon and these issues won't leave us unaffected, there are even signs for wars. Let's just hope our politicians don't f*ck it up this time.

However, I really hope to finish successfully my studies next year so I can begin to work again. It just sucks to study all night long and to have no income and time for other things at all. It also should be added that I'll begin my Swiss Military service as Radio Operator in July, so I'm sure what do for at least a half year.

Gaming-wise there aren't that many glimmering titles to look forward to. Maybe Metro: Last Light, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (which is confirmed to be not cancelled) or a unexpected 2D title (maybe from SNKP?), but overall I keep my thrills of anticipation within reasonable limits.

Let's see, time will tell.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

merlin
I hope 2012 will be a much better year for you RiKo with improved health.

Murikov wrote:
which is confirmed to be not cancelled

It's not cancelled after all? I didn't realize that. Great news Murikov!

As for the whole situation with Iran I wouldn't be surprised if there is military action at some point but thankfully I don't believe there's any chance China would get involved militarily.

I really hope in 2012 the people of Syria will finally be free from the brutal tyrant Assad. That would be fantastic. Really shocking to hear of the extent of the violence perpetrated by the regime against peaceful protestors.

I'm hoping it'll be possible to meet up with a few more NGFL members this year such as Ninja, RiKo and STE.

My main objectives for 2012:

Get a kitten.

Buy a Strider PCB.

Go for a holiday to Nederland. Been a long time since I went and will be nice to visit some of my relatives there. I plan on consuming a vast quanity of Vla!

Get a new bathroom installed.

Finally sort out my back garden which is like a jungle right now.

Get a job (hopefully I can put this off for as long as possible).
Edited by merlin on 30. December 2011 18:40

Jump to Forum: