Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: boogiepop
Thread ID: 3714
Thread Info
There are 7 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8135 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Looking for Contributors / Reviewers
boogiepop
Hey guys, been a while.

I'm looking for people to contribute to the review section on my sega mega drive/genesis site. You'd get to choose a group of games you'd like to work on, writing one review on a game of your choice and providing comments on the rest. For example, here are two batches of games:

Group A

Super Thunder Blade (already taken)
Super Hang-On (already taken)
Forgotten Worlds
World Championship Soccer
Revenge of Shinobi
Golden Axe

Group B

Space Harrier 2 (already taken)
Altered Beast (already taken)
Phantasy Star 2
Rambo 3
Herzog Zwei

Note: Those game that are said to be 'already taken' have reviews already written for them but still need to be commented on.

Let's say, for example, that you wanted to work on the games in Group A and picked The Revenge of Shinobi as the game you'll write a review for. You'd have to 1) play all the games in Group A a fair amount (even if you're very familiar with the titles, you must play them again to have everything fresh in your mind), 2) write your review on Revenge of Shinobi and mail it to me, 3) discuss edits with me, where necessary, 4) provide comments on the other reviews in Group A, and 5) do all this within the span of maybe 2 months.

If you can't make the commitment of doing all this, then please don't volunteer. But if you can and are interested, please let me know! The two groups I gave as examples are actually the games I'd like to start off with. Whichever group gets the most interest will get priority. So just choose a game to review, reread the list of commitments so you know what you're getting into, and we'll take it from there. Smile

I will provide more detailed information as questions arise. Here is the old thread: http://www.neogeo...ad_id=3183

Here is the site: www.greenhillzone...

Oh yeah, and thanks for reading!
Edited by boogiepop on 15. December 2011 15:51
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

merlin
I don't think I'd be any good at writing reviews and it's been a while since I played a lot of Mega Drive games but hopefully someone else here will be able to assist you in this Boogiepop. I might try and post a few comments under the reviews occasionally. I'm glad to see you're continuing with this project and I'll keep an eye out for any updates. It was good talking to you again in chat on Sunday and would be nice to see you there again.

reelmojo
I've been wanting to get into writing reviews for games somehow, this seems like a cool first step since I'd be contributing to a fellow NGFLers site, so count me in! I'll take Golden Axe. I'm guessing you'd like them to be roughly the same length as the reviews already on the site?

boogiepop
merlin wrote:
I don't think I'd be any good at writing reviews and it's been a while since I played a lot of Mega Drive games but hopefully someone else here will be able to assist you in this Boogiepop. I might try and post a few comments under the reviews occasionally. I'm glad to see you're continuing with this project and I'll keep an eye out for any updates. It was good talking to you again in chat on Sunday and would be nice to see you there again.

Yeah man, it was nice chatting! I'm sorry I disappeared suddenly; the computer crashed and then random things started happening that drew me away. By the time I was able to get back, dinner was rolling around and I needed to start cooking. In the end, I could only curse my computer and silently admit defeat.

Also, thanks! It's good to know someone takes an interest in the site! Smile (It sure is a good motivator.)

reelmojo wrote:I've been wanting to get into writing reviews for games somehow, this seems like a cool first step since I'd be contributing to a fellow NGFLers site, so count me in! I'll take Golden Axe. I'm guessing you'd like them to be roughly the same length as the reviews already on the site?

Thanks! After rereading my post, I didn't think anyone would reply. I came off kinda like "this is the process I've decided on" instead of "hey, wanna write reviews of awesome games?! Wouldn't that be cool?!" Pfft So yeah, I very much appreciate the show of interest. Grin I'm hoping it will become a fun, communal sort of thing, like how I envisioned Game of the Week when it first popped into my head way back when. (I'm glad it's still going strong! Bravo to those that have made it so!) With any luck, it will be equal parts play and work. If not, then I've failed.

And you guessed right; a few paragraphs will do just fine! I'll send you a pm sometime this weekend with all the juicy details. Smile

boogiepop
UPDATE

Reviewers for the first set of games have been determined. Thank you in advance to reelmojo and Bullet for your contributions to the website. They are appreciated.

neogeoeno
but it has been decades since the genesis debuted and we all ready known must of its games rating so what the news by re review it !!Hmm

boogiepop
Well, there are plenty of other sites with reviews. Should they shut down because the Genesis is a retro system?

I'm trying to make these reviews differ in perspective from pretty much every other site's (mainly because I'm unhappy with how those sites function). Plus, I'd like to get the perspectives of more than one person for each game without having them polluted with childish remarks (which again, I sadly see all too often.) All one need do is go to gamefaqs to see how poorly people can review games.

Jump to Forum: