Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoStrayCat
Thread ID: 3688
Thread Info
There are 12 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3277 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Fatal Fury 20th Anniversary
NeoStrayCat
Are you OK, guys, lol, anyways, Fatal Fury has officially had its 20th Anniversary just recently.

So, how will you guys respond seeing how SNKP's first fighter came from this, to KOF XIII just now. And also documentaries on it from Marisescageda (the same person that did the live action KOF '98 and Real Bout. (Also working on KOF 99 live action.)

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
lee gray
I wish they would make a fatal fury 4.

NeoStrayCat
Yeah, if only they have a chance to have it made...

STE C
Happy birthday Fatal Fury the game that started my SNK obsession and still a great game.

1983parrothead
The Stray wrote:So, how will you guys respond seeing how SNKP's first fighter came from this, to KOF XIII just now.

Actually, the 1989 Street Smart arcade game was SNKP's first attempt in the genre. You probably misheard people saying that Fatal Fury was the first fighting game for the Neo-Geo, much like saying that Atari's Pong was the first video game, but was actually the first successful video game.

Anyway, Happy 20th Anniversary to the Fatal Fury series. The first Fatal Fury was successful, because it was released so shortly after Capcom's Street Fighter II, perhaps some people weren't sure which came first. Fatal Fury was also the first fighting game Capcom fighting game pro gamer Daigo "The Beast" Umehara played, due to SFII having a very long line.

Next year will be the 20th Anniversary to SNK's Art of Fighting, Midway's Mortal Kombat and ADK's World Heroes franchises.

NeoGeoNinja
1983parrothead wrote:
You probably misheard people saying that Fatal Fury was the first fighting game for the Neo-Geo...

OK. SO WHAT WAS...
the first fighting game to be released for the NEO•GEO? (Street Smart not withstanding due to it being on older hardware).

Cheers.

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Murikov
Happy Anniversary to a simply ground-breaking fighting title which made history for a good reason! It marked the prelude of the great fighting game library the Neo Geo has so far.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

NeoStrayCat
@ Parrothead: Well, I'm not very keen on game history much, but thanks for noticing.

Other than that, yeah, this year also marks the 15th aniv. of Metal Slug as well. And other titles coming next year for anniversaries (as of post).

The eccentric cat
I'm still waiting for Garou 2: Electric Boogaloo!
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

LIFE_IN_2D
The eccentric cat wrote:
I'm still waiting for Garou 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Lol, "Electric Boogaloo"? Lets hope they have a character based off dancing Van Damme .

rgifs.gifbin.com/g6011619998.gif

GIT DOWN!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

1983parrothead
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
1983parrothead wrote:
You probably misheard people saying that Fatal Fury was the first fighting game for the Neo-Geo...

OK. SO WHAT WAS...
the first fighting game to be released for the NEO•GEO? (Street Smart not withstanding due to it being on older hardware).

Cheers.

Ninja

Well I meant to say...

"If you heard that 'Fatal Fury was the first fighting game for the Neo-Geo', then you thought it was SNK's first fighting game ever. SNK's Fatal Fury was the first Neo-Geo fighting game, but not their first ever fighting game period. Street Smart came out two years earlier."

The Stray wrote:
@ Parrothead: Well, I'm not very keen on game history much, but thanks for noticing.

Other than that, yeah, this year also marks the 15th aniv. of Metal Slug as well. And other titles coming next year for anniversaries (as of post).

Purchasing video games angers my parents and big sister, but preserving video game information doesn't, especially when it's related to obscure and/or underrated ones.

Interesting, and this December 17th even marks the 15th Aniv. of this Visco title.

It has also been 15 years since Kunio no Nekketsu Dojjibouru Densetsu (a.k.a. the Neo-Geo Super Dodge Ball), the last game Technos Japan created before they filed for bankruptcy, became defunct and reformed as Million Co. Ltd.. Currently, they have a Nintendo 3DS remake of their first Kunio-kun arcade video game released in 1986, which is also created for the 30th Aniv. of the Kunio-kun series. 1986 was a major year in video game history.

yuki1518
Happy 20th Anniversary Fatal Fury/Garou Densetsu!!

Jump to Forum: