Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: marktheshark
Thread ID: 3686
Thread Info
There are 13 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8394 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What games to get for the Turboduo?
marktheshark
I've been thinking about getting a Turboduo and some games for it once I get the money to do so. I have a few questions though:

How much does a Turboduo usually cost?

Can they also play JPN games or does that require modding?

What are some good games for the TG-16 & TGCD systems? I have Star Parodier, Bomberman '94, & Y's I & II on the VC.
Edited by marktheshark on 27. November 2011 23:03

reelmojo
The Neutopia games are supposed to be good if you like the old 2D Zelda games.

I'll be watching the answers in this thread carefully because I've been thinking of posting a thread just like it. A Turbo Duo is on my list of consoles I'll need to buy in the future.

-SD-
You'd be better off with a nice white PC Engine Duo R. TurboDuos are known for having issues with the audio output, and I personally think the Duo R is one of the best looking consoles ever.

The HuCards/Turbochips are region locked, but CDs aren't. It is possible to add a region switch, but it's quite a fiddly mod to do. This should give you an idea of what's involved. Converters were made but I have no idea how readily available they are now. There are flash carts on the market.

There's a lot more games available on the Japanese system compared to the US version. Also, if you ever decide to get any of the Arcade CDs, you'll need an Arcade Card which only exists as a Japanese version.

As for games I'd go for Lords of Thunder, Gate of Thunder, GunHed, the Soldier Trilogy plus Star Parodier, PC Denjin, PC Genjin series (Bonk), Hana Taka Daka.... Yeah, there's a lot of very good games on the system.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO‚ÄĘGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

marktheshark
Damn, just checked ebay as well as a few other sites. A lot of games seem very expensive. What are some cheaper games to get? Something like $40 or below per game.

NEO-GEO man
Why are they that dear??

marktheshark
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Why are they that dear??

Not sure what you mean. If you mean something like, "Why are they so expensive?"then I'm really not sure. I didn't think that a lot of PC Engine/TG-16 games would be so expensive.

NEO-GEO man
Yes that is what i mean.

I wouldnt think they would be worth much at all.

marktheshark
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Yes that is what i mean.

Same here. I kinda expected Dracula X & a few others to be expensive, but even something like Gunhed (Blazing Lasers) costs around $50 according to ebay. I wonder if TG-16 games are cheaper by any chance. I could get a regular TG-16, but I would also have to get a CD attachment as well as the Super System card if I want to play any CD games and I don't know how much those attachments cost.
Edited by marktheshark on 12. December 2011 04:19

NEO-GEO man
Those machines were not commonly available in Australia, so i dont know much about them nor have i ever seen one.

neogeoeno
marktheshark wrote:
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Yes that is what i mean.

Same here. I kinda expected Dracula X & a few others to be expensive, but even something like Gunhed (Blazing Lasers) costs around $50 according to ebay. I wonder if TG-16 games are cheaper by any chance. I could get a regular TG-16, but I would also have to get a CD attachment as well as the Super System card if I want to play any CD games and I don't know how much those attachments cost.
1993 dracula x is 1 of the best super cd game and you must have if you buy the t.t.i turbo duo system .anyway theres 100s of hu card games like pc kid ( the series) air zonk - soldier blade- kieth courage- ninja gaiden- you can played but you need adaptor unlike the super cd games

Murikov
I'm not sure about the common prices, but if you intend to get some good titles I would take a look in appropriate forums for good offers. Ebay on the other side may be the most efficient option, but also the most expensive.

Don't know if it's any help to you, but I especially appreciate the following PCE titles:

Air Zonk
Bomberman '94
Bloody Wolf
The Bonk Trilogy
Coryoon - Child of Dragon
Dracula X (of course)
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
Ninja Spirit
Parasol Stars
Parodious
Psychosis
R-Type
Saint Dragon
Star Parodier
Super Star Soldier
The Lost Sunheart
Winds of Thunder
Valkyrie no Densetsu
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

STE C
Some alternative titles ( PC Engine) keep in mind some of these but not all were released in the USA but under different titles. Alll Hucards

Violent Soldier ( great but hard shooter )
Legend O Hero Tonma ( great Irem platformer)
Image Fight ( tough but lovely looking Irem shooter)
Metal Stroker ( original top down tank shooter a bit like Granada on the MD)
Override ( Data East obscure shooter that looks and plays great )
Hell Explorer/Bonze Adventure) Taito arcade conversion tough as hell very similar to Ghouls n Ghosts.
Download ( impressive cyberpunk shooter)
Motor Roader, basic looking but very addictive top down racer)
Liquid Kids ( Taito platformer featuring water throwing hippos, great game but pricey).
Parasol Stars , the genuine sequel to Rainbow Island which is a cross between that and Bubble Bobble, tends to be pricey but its really worth it as its a beauty of a game.

As for the cd games its tricky as my Duo died after only a week but it does play host to a few good shooters but again they tend to be expensive.

1983parrothead
This list can assist you:

http://www.racket...x-16-games

Jump to Forum: