Username
Password

Remember?
Click here to register.
Forgot Your Password?
Search:
November 22 2017

Navigation
· Home
· Reviews
· Kazuya's Neo Top 10
· In Depth FAQ's
· Downloads
· Web Links
· News Categories
· Image Gallery
· Official Wallpapers
· Fan Made Wallpapers

· NGFL Site Projects

· Neo Geo - The Console
· Neo Geo Pocket Handheld
· Articles

· SNK Jukebox
· NGFL Arcade

· Discussion Forum
· Chatroom
· Latest Comments
· Xbox Live Leaderboard
· NGFL World Map

· Contact Me
· Site FAQ's
· Search Site

· Submit News
· Submit Link
· Submit Article
· Submit a Photo
· Submit Download

Random Review
Metal Slug 3

Users Online
· Guests Online: 8

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,345
· Newest Member: 4d

Last Seen Users
Murikov00:28:09
merlin01:47:15
Supergrafx09:17:50
dhowerter12:45:22
green beret 5 days
NeoStrayCat 1 week
cthulhu 1 week
Sensi 1 week
rollinsonphilip 2 weeks
NeoGeoNinja 2 weeks

Ad

Support Us!
Donate To Us!
Enter an amount to donate:
¤

Why Donate?

Game events
Latest scores
NeoStrayCat
scored 193 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 523 points in
Snow Bowling
Snow Bowling
Henke
scored 172 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 28725 points in
Heli Boarding
Heli Boarding

Latest champions
Henke
is the new champion in
Snow Bowling with 523 points
Snow Bowling
Henke
is the new champion in
Heli Boarding with 28725 points
Heli Boarding
Henke
is the new champion in
Donkey Kong with 24900 points
Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter


Thread Author: neros
Thread ID: 3673
Thread Info
There are 303 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The PGM System & Games
cthulhu
green beret wrote:In order to play a cave sump Yoko, can you change the controls from the menu?
I have a Ketsui cart conversion from original parts and that's way I'm asking. It was at 140 euros and bought it. The PGM board and the sigma raijin supergun haven't arrived yet to try my games (which bought before the mobo). I have 2 14inch BVMs and only one can turn sideways Tate in case to play Ketsui better. If I like the conversion I may buy the original PCB.


Just put the BVM on its side, it's the only good way to play these games. There isn't an option in the system settings to rotate the picture or change the controls, these games are programmed to be played on a vertical screen. If you play it horizontal, everything will be sideways and I think it'll be really difficult to play the way it's supposed to be played.
Ketsui is one of my most favorite Cave games along with Guwange...it's a non stop adrenaline rush if played right. You have to constantly get up close and personal with the enemies and take lots and lost of risks. I didn't like it at first, but bought the PCB anyway and it rapidly grew on me...now to me it's one of the very best Bullet Hells ever...the PCB can be quite expensive though.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

green beret wrote:In order to play a cave sump Yoko, can you change the controls from the menu?
I have a Ketsui cart conversion from original parts and that's way I'm asking. It was at 140 euros and bought it. The PGM board and the sigma raijin supergun haven't arrived yet to try my games (which bought before the mobo). I have 2 14inch BVMs and only one can turn sideways Tate in case to play Ketsui better. If I like the conversion I may buy the original PCB.


Just put the BVM on its side, it's the only good way to play these games. There isn't an option in the system settings to rotate the picture or change the controls, these games are programmed to be played on a vertical screen. If you play it horizontal, everything will be sideways and I think it'll be really difficult to play the way it's supposed to be played.
Ketsui is one of my most favorite Cave games along with Guwange...it's a non stop adrenaline rush if played right. You have to constantly get up close and personal with the enemies and take lots and lost of risks. I didn't like it at first, but bought the PCB anyway and it rapidly grew on me...now to me it's one of the very best Bullet Hells ever...the PCB can be quite expensive though.
ok thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to try Ketsui. If I like it I will put the extra money for the original pcb. The problem is I have to flip the BVM sideways and normal again quite often and it is a little tiring. I will see how it will go...
What about Knights of Valour atomiswave version? Have you tried it?
 
cthulhu
Yes, I have KOV Seven Spirits and I think it's a nice game, not as good as its predecessors but still quite good.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
merlin
Sensi wrote:
I have played Three Wonders last weekend and it's indeed a great package. A fine PCB to begin with.
But there are some colour and sound issues:(
The selection screen (choosing between the three games) is blue (should be orange checking Youtube) and there's sometimes a little crackling in the sound. I'm also afraid, while playing Midnight Wanderers, some tracks are mixed up.
Maybe I must clean the PCB (any tips?). I already cleaned the contacts with a toothbrush, but maybe the board is faulty?


Sensi I've heard that quite a few people have that issue with the game select screen being blue coloured. Although it might look a bit strange it's not something to worry about.

http://shmups.sys...mp;t=37458

http://elgensrepa...r-log.html

the select screen is a bit blue-ish. This is apparently a known issue with this game


Hope you can find a solution for the sound problem. If cleaning the contacts doesn't help I would try asking for help in the tech section at arcade otaku or neo-geo.com.

green beret wrote:

I am refering for the Atomiswave KOV with the 3d backgrounds which doesn't look so good.


I was responding to your question about The Killing Blade.

green beret wrote:
I think Killing Blade is not a good game, am I right?
 
green beret
merlin wrote:

Sensi wrote:
I have played Three Wonders last weekend and it's indeed a great package. A fine PCB to begin with.
But there are some colour and sound issues:(
The selection screen (choosing between the three games) is blue (should be orange checking Youtube) and there's sometimes a little crackling in the sound. I'm also afraid, while playing Midnight Wanderers, some tracks are mixed up.
Maybe I must clean the PCB (any tips?). I already cleaned the contacts with a toothbrush, but maybe the board is faulty?


Sensi I've heard that quite a few people have that issue with the game select screen being blue coloured. Although it might look a bit strange it's not something to worry about.

http://shmups.sys...mp;t=37458

http://elgensrepa...r-log.html

the select screen is a bit blue-ish. This is apparently a known issue with this game


Hope you can find a solution for the sound problem. If cleaning the contacts doesn't help I would try asking for help in the tech section at arcade otaku or neo-geo.com.

green beret wrote:

I am refering for the Atomiswave KOV with the 3d backgrounds which doesn't look so good.


I was responding to your question about The Killing Blade.

green beret wrote:
I think Killing Blade is not a good game, am I right?

Sorry I was blind!!! I'm very glad you like it and its fun with interesting characters and moves. You wrote a hole guide for it. Its the next game in my list as it is also quite cheap.
Thanks for the advice.
What about Oriental Legend?
Edited by green beret on 14. October 2014 17:45
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Yes, I have KOV Seven Spirits and I think it's a nice game, not as good as its predecessors but still quite good.
I will take a second look again after playing it's predecessors on the way to me.
Would like to ask you a different question as I took a sneak pick on your "arcade crap"
What are the dimensions of a CPS2 game? length and wide
How about the CPS3 you have? Are you happy with the components you need to assemble in order to play? What about the battery in the cart? Is it easy replaceable?
I am planning to buy CPS2 and 3
Don't you have Pink Sweets?
 
cthulhu
The great thing abut KOV Seven Spirits is that you have multiple routes to choose from and it adds to the game's longevity. Controls are really responsive as well.
The dimensions of a loose B Board is approximately 43 cm x 27 x 5 cm, an A+B board is approximately 43 cm x 27 x 7,5 cm...they're huge and heavy!
The nice thing about SFIII 2nd Impact is that it runs great without the Suicide battery. It's the only CPS3 game that runs without a battery. Just remove it and solder a wire back in place and you won't be fearing suicide anymore. There is a way to make all CPS3 games run without batteries, but the system needs some modding (Google Darksoft and you'll find what to do/ buy).
If you plan on playing CPS3 games with batteries still installed, you'll have to change the batteries with the power switched on and even then the cartridges can suicide...it's a really unpredictable system from what I've read.
My CPS3 has all components I need and I don't have to remove or replace stuff, I have the correct amount of SIMM boards and I have a CD ROM drive. I've got all the components to run SFIII 2nd Impact and I'm not planning on buying more CPS3 games. The only problem my system has, is that the sound pot is a little bit faulty (maybe it needs cleaning). It has a sweet spot where it works fine, but if it's not in the correct position the sound gets weaker after a while.
If you want to run CPS2, be sure to replace the fan with a nice and quiet Papst fan (or even remove the fan completely if you're not using it inside a cab) as it's extremely loud.
Nope, I still don't have Pink Sweets, but it's on my wish list...I want to have all Cave Shmups in their regular editions, the only one I don't want is DeathSmiles II (that one sucks)...still need 5 more before I have a "full" set (not including DeathSmiles II of course).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
Sensi
Replace the fan with a Papst fan, they don't circulate the air as much as the original fan but they're a lot more quiet...I use them in my CPS-2 A boards. You can buy them at Alternate.nl.


Cthulhu, does it matter which one I buy? They have like 15 fans for sale (3/4 pins)?
 
cthulhu
Sensi wrote:Cthulhu, does it matter which one I buy? They have like 15 fans for sale (3/4 pins)?


I've used the Papst 612/F2 which isn't as quiet as the Papst 612/FL, but it has a higher air circulation. If you're using a supergun I'd use the Papst 612/FL, because outside of a cab the system would not become as warm as in a cab...or even disconnect the fan completely (I know people that have done this without any problems).
If you decide to use a fan be sure to desolder the wires from the Papst and original fan and solder the existing wires from the CPS2 A Board to the Papst fan like in the following pictures:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/CPS2Papst.jpg

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/CPS2Papst2.jpg
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
Guys my PGM motherboard came today along with KOV super heroes and Sigma Raijin control box. I haven't tried them yet though!
The PGM mobo red cover has no screws to hold the PCB. You can move it on and off. Is this normal?
 
cthulhu
The cover is normally held in place by the screws of the PCB feet. If your mobo doesn't have those feet, buy 4 of them and you should be okay.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

The cover is normally held in place by the screws of the PCB feet. If your mobo doesn't have those feet, buy 4 of them and you should be okay.
I have sent you a pm regarding a problem I have encountered! I will order 4 pcb feet.
Edited by green beret on 15. October 2014 18:45
 
Sensi
cthulhu wrote:

Sensi wrote:Cthulhu, does it matter which one I buy? They have like 15 fans for sale (3/4 pins)?


I've used the Papst 612/F2 which isn't as quiet as the Papst 612/FL, but it has a higher air circulation. If you're using a supergun I'd use the Papst 612/FL, because outside of a cab the system would not become as warm as in a cab...or even disconnect the fan completely (I know people that have done this without any problems).
If you decide to use a fan be sure to desolder the wires from the Papst and original fan and solder the existing wires from the CPS2 A Board to the Papst fan like in the following pictures:


Thanks for your great help! I will order the fan tomorrow and pick up a PGM motherboard. Keep you updateted how all this turns out.
 
green beret
Turned on my setup yesterday and tried Demon Front (same controls and response with Metal Slug except it doesn't have grenades), KOV Super Heroes, Ketsui conversion. All played great and felt playing on a cab because of the Sigma shape with the second player really easy available.
Joysticks and buttons of the Raijin are filling much more responsive and accurate than Analogue interactive wooden stick's ones. I own such a controller.
The only downside was poor image quality due composite cable. RGB cable is on the way.
 
cthulhu
I'm glad you like the Sigma Raijin and also glad that got things working with the controls, it looks really nice and it has original Seimitsu sticks and buttons...the reason I like the Japanese superguns is the fact that they really have the arcade feel.
Demon Front is a great game with lots of secret rooms and fantastic graphics...one of my favorite PGM games.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
Is kick harness same for all systems? Does it need soldering on 4,5,6 buttons on jamma connector?
 
cthulhu
No, there are multiple versions of the kick harness. Some of the Different ones I know of are CPS1, CPS2/3 (CPS2 and CPS3 share the same kick harness), Konami (for Dragoon Might), eX-BOARD.
In my cabs I have a (female) connector that's wired to Button 4,5 and 6 on the control panel. I usually make a Kick harness with on the other side a (male) connector that fits the one in my cabs for each system I know.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

No, there are multiple versions of the kick harness. Some of the Different ones I know of are CPS1, CPS2/3 (CPS2 and CPS3 share the same kick harness), Konami (for Dragoon Might), eX-BOARD.
In my cabs I have a (female) connector that's wired to Button 4,5 and 6 on the control panel. I usually make a Kick harness with on the other side a (male) connector that fits the one in my cabs for each system I know.
that way you can put any harness on the female 456 connectors of your cab?
I want to buy a CPS2 kick harness along with Vampire Savior. Is there any specific kick harness for my supergun? I guess no. I need to solder on 456 of jamma edge female connectors and just connect on there whatever kick harness
 
green beret
Another issue I have is my main BVM monitor 1416p can't recognise Sigma's NTCS signal and displays black and white through composite. It does have NTCS selector though. Searched all menus but couldn't make it colorful. Then I plugged in a pal snes and by selecting pal there was normal color.
Does anybody know about BVM 1416p?
I have another more simplified BVM model which does recognise signal automatically and there is color as normal.
Edited by green beret on 17. October 2014 06:51
 
merlin
Good to hear your supergun and PGM games arrived. Demon Front is a fantastic game. I like the way you can use your pet in the game. Very surprising IGS never made a sequel.

green beret wrote:
What about Oriental Legend?


I think Oriental Legend is very good and well worth buying but the KOV games and The Gladiator are better side scrollers. It's nice in Oriental Legend that each character has quite a few special moves which you can do after charging the power meter. Also the team moves you can do are pretty cool and vary depending on the combination of characters. The bosses are quite large and impressive looking especially the rat king. Would be best to go for either the Plus or Super Plus version of Oriental Legend. The stage designs were improved slightly and they added a combo meter. In Super Plus you can play as the bosses.

A move list I found on a Chinese site:

img515.imageshack.us/img515/2441/orientallegendmovelist.png
 
Jump to Forum:

  Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Arcade games collection Non SNK Console/PC Gaming Discussion 144 02. November 2017 17:05
The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 1 & 2- Game of the Month Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 4 24. July 2017 04:04
Neo-Geo Games That Should Have Been An Anime Series/Movie Anime Discussion 16 04. July 2017 17:40
What are 10 of your most favorite NeoGeo Pocket games? Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 5 26. June 2017 09:55
Homebrew Games Thread Non SNK Console/PC Gaming Discussion 4 05. May 2017 20:19