Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: neros
Thread ID: 3673
Thread Info
There are 303 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 65535 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The PGM System & Games
green beret
Ok I already asked from a Japanese shop to buy a used one!

green beret
I changed my mind and ordered a boxed like new Sigma Raijin from Japan!

Sensi
Cthulhu, the supergun has arrived. I have a question about the PSU. I have only one Ground wire , do I miss one or is this enough? If it's ok, to which of the two PSU Ground connections must I install it?

green beret
Sensi wrote:

Cthulhu, the supergun has arrived. I have a question about the PSU. I have only one Ground wire , do I miss one or is this enough? If it's ok, to which of the two PSU Ground connections must I install it?
it seems your set up is complicated. I hope mine to come would be simpler. Did you get a jamma harness extension?

cthulhu
Sensi wrote:

Sorry, can't help you with this.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Sensi
@ Green Beret
No extension, I don't I need one but maybe I'm wrong. Have you also ordered a super gun?

Well, the seller replied there is only one Ground wire needed, so it should be good to go.
I have tested with a multimeter the PSU voltages and they are allright. The PGM games have arrived (Demon Front, Knights of Valour 1 &2, Killing Blade etc.), I only have to wait for the mother board.

Some PCB are also on the way, so I'm excited about it. A whole new world has opened for me, I thought AES and MVS were the max. Couldn't be more wrong!

cthulhu
Nice selection of PGM games. Only one thing more to say when it comes to PCBs: "Welcome to the madness!".
My arcade stuff

green beret
Sensi wrote:

@ Green Beret
No extension, I don't I need one but maybe I'm wrong. Have you also ordered a super gun?

Well, the seller replied there is only one Ground wire needed, so it should be good to go.
I have tested with a multimeter the PSU voltages and they are allright. The PGM games have arrived (Demon Front, Knights of Valour 1 &2, Killing Blade etc.), I only have to wait for the mother board.

Some PCB are also on the way, so I'm excited about it. A whole new world has opened for me, I thought AES and MVS were the max. Couldn't be more wrong!

Yes I am waiting a supergun too. I also was thinking that NEO GEO was the end of the world.
Now I am waiting from the post office to come:
Sigma Raigin supergun
PGM motherboard
KOV superheroes
KOV 2 Nine Dragons
Gladiator
Demon Front
Martial Masters
Ketsui cart conversion with original parts

cthulhu wrote:

Nice selection of PGM games. Only one thing more to say when it comes to PCBs: "Welcome to the madness!".

My next order will be Aliens vs Predator, Progear, Vampire, Super Street Fighter 2 turbo, Street Fighter Zero 3, x men Children of the atom

I think Killing Blade is not a good game, am I right?

cthulhu
green beret wrote:
My next order will be Aliens vs Predator, Progear, Vampire, Super Street Fighter 2 turbo, Street Fighter Zero 3, x men Children of the atom

Nice selection.
I've had The Killing Blade Plus, but I sold it again because I didn't think it was a good game. I know of people that do like it though.
My arcade stuff

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

green beret wrote:

Nice selection.
I've had The Killing Blade Plus, but I sold it again because I didn't think it was a good game. I know of people that do like it though.
No space in my place for mediocre or bad games. Only collecting games I really like and generally common recognized great games.

Sensi
With Xmen and the Street Fighters you can't go wrong.

Killing Blade will be a little gamble, but if it isn't my cup of tea I will sell it.

KOV Atomiswave with motherboard + Three Wonder PCB has arrived at the post office. I will check them out this weekend.

green beret
Sensi wrote:

With Xmen and the Street Fighters you can't go wrong.

Killing Blade will be a little gamble, but if it isn't my cup of tea I will sell it.

KOV Atomiswave with motherboard + Three Wonder PCB has arrived at the post office. I will check them out this weekend.
what is KOV Atomiswave? Do you mean KOV PGM?
When I go for a new game I check it out very well on YouTube to see how it plays, graphics, bosses ect

cthulhu
Knights of Valor: The Seven Spirits. A game released on the Atomiswave.
My arcade stuff

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Knights of Valor: The Seven Spirits. A game released on the Atomiswave.
I watched in YouTube and it seems to have worst graphics from its PGM counterparts. Graphics have this strange 3d background with 2d pixelated sprites. Is it really a worst KOV?

merlin
Good choice of games Green Beret and Sensi. Hope you will post your thoughts about the games once you've played them.

Green Beret why not give The Killing Blade a try on Mame if you haven't already? Personally I really like the game. In fact it was the main reason I bought a consolized PGM in the first place. I've played quite a few matches online and also wrote the faq which is on gamefaqs. Really like the characters, graphical style and atmosphere. Very fun game I think. Tsan, Zhuge and Ling are my favourites. I like the aspects they borrowed from SS4 such as backgrounds changing, CD combos, rage explosion and issen. The hidden special moves in this game are unusual. You can only do them after doing another move first e.g. with Zhuge you can do qcf + B/D after a crouching A.

Sensi wrote:
Three Wonder PCB

Awesome games! Thumbs Up

Roosters (Midnight Wanderers) is one of my favourite games and I play it every weekend in the arcade. I also own the PCB. Don't Pull and Chariot are excellent too of course but Roosters is the best game of the three.

I'd say out of all arcade hardware the CP System has the best games.

http://en.wikiped.../CP_System

Sensi
Thanks Merlin.
I have played Three Wonders last weekend and it's indeed a great package. A fine PCB to begin with.
But there are some colour and sound issues:(
The selection screen (choosing between the three games) is blue (should be orange checking Youtube) and there's sometimes a little crackling in the sound. I'm also afraid, while playing Midnight Wanderers, some tracks are mixed up.
Maybe I must clean the PCB (any tips?). I already cleaned the contacts with a toothbrush, but maybe the board is faulty?

The Atomiswave motherboard works just fine with KOV: Seven Spirits. Atomiswave makes a lot of noise though Shock Even more then a Xbox 360!

cthulhu
Sensi wrote:
Maybe I must clean the PCB (any tips?). I already cleaned the contacts with a toothbrush, but maybe the board is faulty?

Use some isopropanol/ isopropylalcohol/2-propanol (can be bought in a drugstore/ drogisterij) and use a cotton bud and rub until the cotton bud doesn't become black anymore.

The Atomiswave motherboard works just fine with KOV: Seven Spirits. Atomiswave makes a lot of noise though Shock Even more then a Xbox 360!

Replace the fan with a Papst fan, they don't circulate the air as much as the original fan but they're a lot more quiet...I use them in my CPS-2 A boards. You can buy them at Alternate.nl.
My arcade stuff

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Sensi wrote:Cthulhu, so Katana was a little investment? Wink

Heh, not really...I collect Cave games and this one was quite "cheap" as it was just the bare PCB, I'll never sell my Cave games. I've got a really expensive one on its way...Dodonpachi Saidaioujou...feeling a bit guilty of spending such a huge amount of money on just one game...
In comparison PGM games are almost free.

What kind of screen do you need to play a new game like Saidaioujou? Do you need to turn the screen on the side for vertical orientation? Can you play it as normal horizontaly?

merlin wrote:

Good choice of games Green Beret and Sensi. Hope you will post your thoughts about the games once you've played them.

Green Beret why not give The Killing Blade a try on Mame if you haven't already? Personally I really like the game. In fact it was the main reason I bought a consolized PGM in the first place. I've played quite a few matches online and also wrote the faq which is on gamefaqs. Really like the characters, graphical style and atmosphere. Very fun game I think. Tsan, Zhuge and Ling are my favourites. I like the aspects they borrowed from SS4 such as backgrounds changing, CD combos, rage explosion and issen. The hidden special moves in this game are unusual. You can only do them after doing another move first e.g. with Zhuge you can do qcf + B/D after a crouching A.

Sensi wrote:
Three Wonder PCB

Awesome games! Thumbs Up

Roosters (Midnight Wanderers) is one of my favourite games and I play it every weekend in the arcade. I also own the PCB. Don't Pull and Chariot are excellent too of course but Roosters is the best game of the three.

I'd say out of all arcade hardware the CP System has the best games.

http://en.wikiped.../CP_System

I am refering for the Atomiswave KOV with the 3d backgrounds which doesn't look so good.
Super heroes and Nine dragons for PGM are in customs for me!

cthulhu
Vertical Shmups like those from Cave are supposed to be played on a vertical screen (Tate) and not on a hozrizontal screen (Yoko). Technically you can play vertical games on a horizontal screen, but you would have to change your controls accordingly...the text in the games would be quite hard to read though and it would just look stupid to be honest. This is the reason why I have two cabs, one horizontal and one vertical. If I remember correctly, on the PGM the only vertical game is DDPII.
My arcade stuff

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Vertical Shmups like those from Cave are supposed to be played on a vertical screen (Tate) and not on a hozrizontal screen (Yoko). Technically you can play vertical games on a horizontal screen, but you would have to change your controls accordingly...the text in the games would be quite hard to read though and it would just look stupid to be honest. This is the reason why I have two cabs, one horizontal and one vertical. If I remember correctly, on the PGM the only vertical game is DDPII.
In order to play a cave sump Yoko, can you change the controls from the menu?
I have a Ketsui cart conversion from original parts and that's way I'm asking. It was at 140 euros and bought it. The PGM board and the sigma raijin supergun haven't arrived yet to try my games (which bought before the mobo). I have 2 14inch BVMs and only one can turn sideways Tate in case to play Ketsui better. If I like the conversion I may buy the original PCB.

Jump to Forum: