Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 3661
Thread Info
There are 21 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6403 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Overtop: NGFL High Score Challenge
priest
Overtop: THRASH RALLY re-make? Well a lot of people seem to think that it is. Overtop is the results of ADK work, after they took back Thrash rally to the drawing board and completely changed the game (except for the isometric view). What do you think of the connection between the two games? Be sure to join our GOTW discussion thread and goodluck with the HSC...

Overtop GAME OF THE WEEK Discussion thread:

http://www.neogeo...ad_id=3662

neogeofans.com/scans/over%20top%202.jpg

The rules:

* Play whichever version you like: NEO GEO MVS / NEO GEO AES / NEO GEO CD / EMULATOR

* Difficulty: MVS - level 4 / AES - MVS setting

* Lives: Default setting

* Credits: 1

* Multiple runs as training is of course allowed. Also if you manage to surpass your previous score then just post it and I'll update the first post.

* No cheating with any kind of UNI-BIOS is allowed.

* Miss-using bugs or glitches in games in order to boost you score isn't allowed and if discovered will lead to disqualification of your score.

* No cheating in Emulators such as autofire, Pausing or infinite lives are allowed
(or any other effect you can use in emulators to make the game easier, score higher etc)

* Photographic proof is not needed as I believe that we are all honorable people. If you like though you can attach a photo or a mini-clip with your highscore.

* State which platform you played this game on.

* The goal: Highest score possible.

* How to present your highscore to make my work a lot easier, EXAMPLE:

User nickname: Score: , Character: , End level: , Difficulty level: ...and other facts

There will be no closing dates for the different HSC threads. They will always be there ready to accept new challengers. But I will start to award the winner a medal as soon as scores are posted. And as I said the challenge will always be there.

If you have ANY questions about this NGFL Highscore Challenge, don't hesitate to contakt Me (priest) who's the mod. for this thing...

G O O D www.neogeoforlife.com/images/smiley/ff_bluemary.gif L U C K

Don't forget to do a bit of exercising with this "topheavy girl" before you start racingGrin

Scoreboard:

1. Gemant: Time: 3' 25"69 , ALL. , Car: Dominator , Decent Play with shortcut.

screenshot was shown but image link no longer works

2. Merlin: Time: 3'30"51, Car: Plot 146 Comp, Finished in 1st place, Played on: Mame32++

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/OverTopscore3.png

YouTube Video

3. Murikov: Time: 4'16"27, Car: AD Falcon 395 (Hummer) , Finished in 3rd place , Played on: MVSPSP (PSP), Difficulty level: MVS, BIOS: EUR

screenshot was shown but image link no longer works

4. NEO-GEO Man: 4'19"51 , in the Plot, finished in 1st place, played on Euro BIOS AES console.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Overtop.jpg

5. ?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Gemant
Dominator 3' 25"69 ALL. Decent Play with shortcut.

img408.imageshack.us/img408/3415/overtops.png
Edited by priest on 14. November 2011 19:15

NEO-GEO man
Ill be getting into this one as soon as i can get the time. Is there any regional differences on this game?

Murikov
I'll give this HSC a go in the next few days, I'm already looking forward to it (although I'm sure I'll go down in consideration of the competition).

@priest: Your "Good Luck Gifs" are highly appreciated! Thumbs Up
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

priest
Gemant: What?!! no video? Wink Anyway the first place is yours (no surprises there), well done.

Neo-geo man and Murikov: Looking forward to seeing your efforts on this game...

Like Neo-geo man already asked: any regional differences...?

Murikov: Hehehe good to hear that the girls are apreciated, now they´re definitly here to stayThumbs Up

NEO-GEO man
NEO-GEO Man, 4'19"51 in the Plot, finished in 1st place, played on Euro BIOS AES console.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Overtop.jpg

priest
Neo-Geo Man: Welcome

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.
Edited by priest on 19. November 2011 20:57

Murikov
I've tried several times to get a score at Overtop, but i haven't succeed so far. I'm stucked at the later race tracks where things are getting not so easy... Angry
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

NEO-GEO man
Keep trying, if i can do it so can you!!

priest
Murikov: Listen to the wise words of NEO GEO MANSmile

Murikov
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Keep trying, if i can do it so can you!!

priest wrote:
Murikov: Listen to the wise words of NEO GEO MANSmile

Thanks a lot and no worry, mates! If King of Fighters XIII doesn't strike too soon, I hopefully will be ready to accomplish my first decent round time. Smile
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

NEO-GEO man
Yeah mate its a damn hard game to win at, with all the different cars being actually different, its hard to know what to go with!!

Murikov
OK, I kept my promise and after practicing for about 1 hour I actually achieved my first time. This also marks my actual very first 1CC in a Neo Geo title (hooray).
Joe

Murikov: Time: 4'16"27, Car: AD Falcon 395 (Hummer) , Finished in 3rd place , Played on: MVSPSP (PSP), Difficulty level: MVS, BIOS: EUR

img856.imageshack.us/img856/9715/overtopmurikov.png
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

NEO-GEO man
Good stuff!!

priest
Welcome Murikov, and congratz on the 1CCClap

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.

merlin
It's been a while since I took part in any challenges but I thought I'd give this one a go. I know I can do better than this time but keep making stupid mistakes. Definitely going to try and improve on this. I hope Murikov and NeoGeoMan will post some more times too.

Merlin: Time: 4'04"89, Car: Plot 146 Comp, Finished in 1st place, Played on: Mame32++, BIOS: EURO

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/OverTopscore.png
Edited by merlin on 10. January 2012 21:36

priest
Hi Merlin and welcome!

I´ll update later today after work...

priest
Thats a nice start Merlin you take the second place.Thumbs Up

Scoreboard, medals and hall of fame are updated.
Edited by priest on 09. January 2012 20:06

merlin
Thanks Priest. I managed a significant improvement today. Still making some mistakes but using the shortcuts has really helped reduce my time. I'm going to try and improve on this but somehow I don't think I'll be able to beat Gemant's time.

It's well worth checking out BBH's OverTop video in which he gets a time of 3'14"36. He mentions that 'a trick was discovered that made it possible to do a "super boost" at the start of the race, and a second boost immediately after'. I haven't tried that yet.

Merlin: Time: 3'35"03, Car: Plot 146 Comp, Finished in 1st place, Played on: Mame32++

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/OverTopscore2.png
Edited by merlin on 10. January 2012 21:35

merlin
I managed to improve my time by a small amount. I'm going to retire from this challenge now but maybe in the future I'll give it another try.

http://www.youtub...7FeN8Ube-I

Merlin: Time: 3'30"51, Car: Plot 146 Comp, Finished in 1st place, Played on: Mame32++

From what I've read it seems that you can get the fastest course times using the Falcon and the motorbike is the second best. Here's a bit of info posted at the MARP forum by 'destructor' about that speed boost I mentioned earlier. I'm not sure if this only works with the Falcon or with other vehicles too. It's possible to complete the first stage in under 20 seconds.

On start hold buttons A and C and LEFT direction. You must wipe off vehicle on your left side. About second boost. You must use trick as on start, but remember that your speed should be lower than enemy vehicle speed.

You can make boost on:
- motorbike
- plot
- 'water car'
Motorbike is the best for it. After second boost your speed can be 500km/h. Beware on turn, don't hold A (gas) button

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/OverTopscore3.png

Jump to Forum: