Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: marktheshark
Thread ID: 3596
Thread Info
There are 9 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5855 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
About the multicarts
marktheshark
If I'm ever going to get a CMVS, I' am possibly looking towards getting one of those multicarts. I've heard a lot of people say that the emulation is sometimes good, but also very inaccurate other times. I'll probably get one to play some hacks as well the rarer & harder to find MVS games.

I've got a few questions about them:

1. What's the emulation quality on them like? Which ones have better emulation than others?

2. How expensive are they? I've seen the 161-in-1 cart go for around $115.

3. Is there a way to get some of the games to play on AES mode? I've seen a video in which someone plays a MVS cart in it's AES version on an AES, with an MVS/AES converter as well as a debug BIOS chip. Is it also possible to use a debug BIOS chip on a CMVS?
Edited by marktheshark on 02. October 2011 22:42

Xian Xi
It isn't emulation, it's actual Neo game data on real hardware.

The only problem with multicarts is that some of them have weird designs like sub boards. The I think 138-in-1 has a sub board and takes forever to load between games or something.

The yellow multicarts seem to play best. All multicarts work best on single slot systems with stock bios. You can use a unibios as well but will run into error messages, all you need to do is press B to reset and then the game will reboot with that title.

As for price they get cheaper and cheaper. I got a 100-in-1 from a trade and back then the prices were about $1 per game, like you said the 161 is pretty cheap at around $115.

Sometimes it just comes down to selection of titles. A lot of the multicarts are filled with hacks of other games, some have more legit titles than others so it's up to you which ones with certain games you want to get.
Jamma Nation X
JNX Lazy Finger Rapid Fire Device for Neogeo and Superguns, On sale now!!

STE C
I have the 100-1 cart Mark and apart form a brief period last year when it lost its sound and Sonic Wings 3 having graphics problems it has been fine. I do recommend getting a cart with more genuine games than hacks as I never play the hacks although I know some people like them. Its a great way to sample lots of great games without spending a lot of money ( although I still bought a lot of the games later on genuine mvs I liked).

Yeah and it is not emulation they are mvs games and are identicle to the cart versions. Metal Slug 5 seems to be a game I have never seen on a multicart which is a shame but the likes of Last Blade and Shock Troopers have been making appearances on some of the later ones I have noticed.
Edited by STE C on 05. October 2011 10:40

Xian Xi
Metal Slug 5 is coming. I notice they keep releasing new games along the way. So you might see a 200-in-1 that finally has all the Slugs and maybe some protos. I know the 138 has Ghostlop.
Jamma Nation X

LIFE_IN_2D
I think your questions have been answered already, but I'll give you some reassurance, using my own experience. All are based on my personal experience with my yellow 111 in 1 cart.

Q: What's the emulation quality on them like? Which ones have better emulation than others?

A: My 111 in 1 is pretty much flawless. I've not noticed any sound issues or video issues. Although, As Xian Xi pointed out, if you're using Uni-Bios, you get errors when you load some of the games. It's no big deal as you can skip the error message and play the game.

2. How expensive are they? I've seen the 161-in-1 cart go for around $115.

A: I got my 111 in 1 for $75 shipped. I suppose it was a decent price. Just keep your eye out, some sellers need cash fast, and bartering will go a long way.

Q: Is there a way to get some of the games to play on AES mode? I've seen a video in which someone plays a MVS cart in it's AES version on an AES, with an MVS/AES converter as well as a debug BIOS chip. Is it also possible to use a debug BIOS chip on a CMVS?

A: Since multi-carts are basically data copies of the MVS rom-sets, YES... you CAN play AES modes. Take note, you NEED uni-bios or something similar to be able to access AES mode. Remember to buy a CMVS with uni-bios already installed or buy a board with a "socketed" bios and install it yourself. Some MVS bios chips are soldered on the motherboard and it requires skill and experience to properly replace the bios. Having access to AES mode is a big plus, as the AES versions of some games have different intros and features.

------------

Random shitty things about multi-carts:

*Also remember that all multi-carts have shitty hacks on them. Its one of the most irritating things about multi-carts.

*I've read horror stories on NG.com about multi-carts frying boards. Apparently they pull a greater voltage than regular carts. Use multi carts at the potential risk of burning your mobo to hell.

*Also, Big Bear at NG.com says that the multi-cart board contacts are not the EXACT dimensions of real carts. Big Bear says that because of this, the contacts on your motherboard can be wore out, with frequent (or constant) use of a multi-cart. I'm not really sure which of the multi-carts he was referring to. I myself, would like to know if this is true or not.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 05. October 2011 18:11
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

neogeoeno
speaking of the emulator i read thread in neogeo.com say every latest neo-geo game will dumbed into the emulator after its cd release ! so anyone know when fast striker - bang 2 buster & gun lord will make its apperance on the emu.

Xian Xi
Bang 2 Busters has already been dumped but I don't think anyone will dump Fast Striker or Gunlord.
Jamma Nation X

neogeoeno
Xian Xi wrote:
Bang 2 Busters has already been dumped but I don't think anyone will dump Fast Striker or Gunlord.
very good news for me because im huge fan of snow bros & bubble bobble type gameSmile but in which latest emulator i will find it on ! nepula 2

-SD-
The only bootleg/multi-cart I'd ever be interested in would be a Metal Slug Collection; all 6 games on one AES cart with a nice selection screen. Avast, me hearties.... yarrrr.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO‚ÄĘGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

Jump to Forum: