Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 3595
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3670 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ever take a break from Neo Geo and suddenly think... Holy crap why did I stop?
Kazuya_UK
As the subject says. This is going to sound like a bit of a daft subject but have you guys and gals ever felt the same?

I've spent a lot of time away from the SNK scene in general, and obviously not been on the site properly in an age other than popping in occasionally. It's been some time since I really sat down to play some Neo Geo games, and I suppose the best way to say how I feel today is "just when I thought I was out... they pulled me back in!" LOL. I've never fell out of love with the Neo Geo, but it's fair to say I've probably played most games on the system so much over the past 20 years I've been burnt out a little.

The last time I really got into something SNK and played the Hell out of it was when KOF XII was released for home consoles. The break I have had has made me re-discover my passion though, and made me remember how much I appreciate some of the finer details of SNK's best! I had a blast on Sengoku 3 today for the high score challenge, but after finding some mini marquees in a folder under my PC desk that I haven't even looked at in an age, I got the urge to play Last Blade. Somehow I had forgotten how unmistakeably brilliant it is! My favourite weapons based fighter is still Samurai Shodown II (which I am going to have a blast on later incidentally), but my word I forgot how good Last Blade is! Forgot how great the art style and animation is, the atmosphere, the gameplay. As soon as I switched it on, the haunting theme music started playing and it reminded me of all the time I spent on this game a few years back, and how it rarely left my 4-slot!

It may sound a bit cheesy, but I have missed the Neo Geo that's for sure! Smile

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
LIFE_IN_2D
I take the Neo in small doses these days. When I first got my CMVS/AES I was on a Neo binge, but that eventually died down.

Probably my longest Neo gaming sessions are when I play with Anselm, which can last a few hours. In all honesty, I've lost a lot of drive to play the Neo seriously. Every other day I fire it up, play for maybe a hour then shut it off.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 05. October 2011 02:51
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
The only games consoles i play on a regular basis are my 360 and Neo Geo which says a lot about how great the Neo is still.

What i like about it is that it is the best of the 2D consoles, so you get that immediate style of gameplay with great graphics and sound, and because of the huge size of the carts, you get amazing animation too - something which is often lacking on other 2D consoles.

I do have long periods where i don't play any games, but that's usually when i am occupied on some creative project and i would rather do that instead

Kaz wrote :- I forgot how good Last Blade is! Forgot how great the art style and animation is, the atmosphere, the gameplay. As soon as I switched it on, the haunting theme music started playing and it reminded me of all the time I spent on this game a few years back, and how it rarely left my 4-slot!

i havent played that for ages since the the HSC, but it is a great game Thumbs Up There's just so many good fighters on the Neo to choose from. There must be for me not have played it for so long Smile my fav neo fighter in recent times has been Breakers Revenge. i think that is because its more of a Capcom style fighter and i am into that just at the moment.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
reelmojo
Sometimes I have taken a break and not played any Neo Geo games for a time. Usually this is because I'm focusing on other fighters or just largely distracted by an awesome game on my 360. But usually I'll find myself loading up an NG game and realizing that I had forgotten how great it was. That happened recently with Breakers. There are also still a few NG games that I haven't even played. So what I'm saying is, when I do take a break there's always a reason to come back.

hitorkori
might have a break but its always there to console me like an old 20 year old fling from the past Kiss
Edited by hitorkori on 04. October 2011 15:49

neros
Never..!
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
STE C
Yeah like 2D I did go on a mvs binge for about 19 months after getting my setup in March 2009 and since completing my collection about this time last year I have not played it as much. Still I expect the new KOF to get me back into it as I often go through phases of playing retro only for a while then only next gen for a similar period of time which I think is pretty healthy.
Despite the NG having such a fantastic collection of games I dont think it would be possible just to only play it for the rest of my life and forget everything else ( which I was actually intending to do a few years ago) but the NG will always be special to me and I expect to maybe even start collecting carts again one day but at the moment a lot of good stuff is out and due on the PS3/360 so when the next gen has a dry spell again and it will I am sure my mvs will be back in action more regular.

Xian Xi
Right now the only 2 consoles I play are the AES and 360. That really says something I think.

I'm still surprised when I run into people that never heard of the Neo Geo and claim to own every system out there.
Jamma Nation X
JNX Lazy Finger Rapid Fire Device for Neogeo and Superguns, On sale now!!

neogeoeno
Xian Xi wrote:
Right now the only 2 consoles I play are the AES and 360. That really says something I think.

I'm still surprised when I run into people that never heard of the Neo Geo and claim to own every system out there.
theres many teenager didnt know anything about neo geo because they are not out yet when the golden age of video game 89 to 95 is living we are who burn in the middle 70s got the chance to enjoy itIn Love

fusion24
i hate myself for stopping, but since i started going into the RPG scene i felt i had to stop. not only that i am getting old to be gaming all the time, but i need to play other games, besides RPG's require full dedication. when you have neogeo games around you wont stop cause they were ahead of their time. in the long run it will best for me, will play in some odd 5 years from now.Terry, wish robert or ryo were in the emoticons, they would capture my sentiment exactly.
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/papikie2001/RockHoward2.gif

Jump to Forum: