Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: 1983parrothead
Thread ID: 3496
Thread Info
There are 7 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2963 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Tatsumi company discussion
1983parrothead
Tatsumi (formally known as Tazmi) is quite obscure, due to most of their arcade games released only in the arcades. However, they are best known for two racing games: TX-1, which was probably the first game they created and the first multi-screen arcade game (as well as the first racing game with alternate routes), which later received a revision/sequel titled TX-1 V8...

(it was also featured in the earliest video game-based game show, Starcade)
YouTube Video

...and Buggy Boy (released outside of Japan by Data East as Speed Buggy, ntbcw the Hanna-Barbara animated series and its title character), which I remember playing in a now-out of business restaurant in downtown Chickamauga, GA.

YouTube Video

In later years, they developed a couple more driving games like Round Up 5: Super Delta Force, which is similar to Chase HQ and Lucky & Wild, but without the use of guns...

(it's also the first arcade game shown in this video)

YouTube Video

...as well as a few other genres like the combat flight simulated Apache 3 (which I probably played this at another restaurant (located in Fort Oglethorpe, GA), that also went out of business, which was also one of the earliest places I've seen a Street Fighter II arcade, then rented and played the SNES version the same day for the first time)...

(its MAME port doesn't look accurate enough.)
YouTube Video

...and two beat 'em ups: Cycle Warriors, a motorcycle-driving hack 'n' slash...

YouTube Video

...and Big Fight: Big Trouble in the Atlantic Ocean, which isn't just a beat 'em up, it's also a versus fighting game. As Final Fight is to Pole Position, as Big Fight is to TX-1. Big Fight and TX-1 might be imitators, but they have plenty of originality. Big Fight was featured in The Large Cult-Classic Fighting Game March (yes, that is what the page's title literally means).

(here is Attract Mode and Part 1. Like Apache 3 and Cycle Warriors, Big Fight also has emulation problems.)
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

There are a couple of others I haven't mentioned, but in later years, they created a palm-reading machine, an original trading card machine and a Lovegety STATION. Since 2000, they have been focusing on manufacturing sticker-printing machines and other novelty machines; however, they do have an official arcade game webpage. I sure would like for them or another company to release their library of arcade games to a compilation that can be compatible with cockpit-based peripherals.
Edited by 1983parrothead on 27. September 2012 22:57

STE C
I think its great that they are actually still around even if they do just make novelty machines.

NeoGeoNinja
I DEFINITELY USED TO HAVE...
Buggy Boy for the C64 or Amiga, I can't remember which, but it was pretty good from memory. Nowhere near as good as that Arcade version though. That looks great.

Apache 3 looks promising and Delta Force looks great too Thumbs Up

However, Big Fight looks pretty poor and Cycle Warriors looks terrible! Shock

Ninja

EDIT: Just checked, and it was definitely the Amiga version! Never seen that C64 version before because, it looks hideous!
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 29. August 2011 14:25
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

1983parrothead
STE C wrote:
I think its great that they are actually still around even if they do just make novelty machines.

Yes. Perhaps someday they probably will create a compilation full of every single arcade video game they created that comes in a deluxe package that includes special steering wheel controls made with the same equipment used in the actual Tatsumi arcades or something like that, just to add as much of the arcade feeling at home as possible for an affordable price with less space and weight required.

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
I DEFINITELY USED TO HAVE...
Buggy Boy for the C64 or Amiga, I can't remember which, but it was pretty good from memory. Nowhere near as good as that Arcade version though. That looks great.

Apache 3 looks promising and Delta Force looks great too Thumbs Up

However, Big Fight looks pretty poor and Cycle Warriors looks terrible! Shock

Ninja

EDIT: Just checked, and it was definitely the Amiga version! Never seen that C64 version before because, it looks hideous!

It's probably because Big Fight and Cycle Warriors weren't fully dumped. Merlin told me that he recently played Big Fight at a game center in Akihabara, and thought it wasn't very bad.

Here is another Tatsumi gameplay video showing their only 3D video game, Lock-On, made in 1988.

http://www.gamesd...ck-on.aspx

bojan4o
And when was the first 3d game made( like the very first)
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

DarakuTenshi
That depends on what you mean by 3D. Are we talking full Three Dimensional Polygonal World or a 3D game that pops out at you? Back in the Famicom days Nintendo used to have a periferal to play certain games in 3D then in the US they did the same thing but used the red/blue 3D glasses. Then of course Sega with their Master System had many 3D games.

The first might be considered Spasim for computers back in 1974. Thought I don't know if I would really consider that 3D but it was of the 3D perspective.

Tail Gunner by Cinamatronics in 1979. A vector based shooting game.

The next in 1980 would be Battle Zone by Atari also vector graphics.

Then a 3D maze game called Wayout for PC 1982 was basically paved the way for games like Wolfenstein 3D and Doom.

After that there were many games that came from the same concepts as above but improved upon.

The first 3D polygonal game I think was Starblade for arcades in 1991 (think Starfox but a couple years ahead, and not quite as good as StarFox).

Virtua Fighter - The first polygonal fighting game

Mario 64 - First full 3D platformer

1983parrothead
What about Atari's I Robot?

Jump to Forum: