Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: marktheshark
Thread ID: 3495
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3325 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Been thinking about getting a Saturn.
marktheshark
I've been thinking about getting a Japanese Saturn lately as it has some pretty good games. I've been thinking about getting so far:

Gunbird
Layer Section I & II
Darius Gaiden
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
Grandia (Unless the NA PSX version has a good translation)
Sega Rally Championship
Virtual On: Cyber Troopers
Princess Crown
Dynamite Deka
Tenchi O Kurau II (Was called Warriors of Fate outside Japan)
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

Any other good games out there? I'm not planning on getting the Virtua Fighter games as they're kinda unappealing to me. Also, is there translation guides for Grandia & Princess Crown out there?
Edited by marktheshark on 29. August 2011 05:18

NEO-GEO man
There is merit in that idea, but dont just think about it, go ahead and DO IT!!! It would be one of the best consoles i reckon. I got it on the Australian launch day, which was in mid September, not when they stated it is on various sites around the internet.

I traded a Mega Drive 2 and a Mega CD 2 with a heap of games for it, and that took $350 AUD off the $899 price for the Daytona/clockwork knight/Virtua Fighter pack. I had to wait for Daytona cause it wasnt available at the time of launch!!

Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter 1 and 2 are probably my favourites on the Saturn, i also loved Bug! and Gex, Bust-a-Move 2 and 3, Sonic Jam, tomb Raider, and clockwork knight 1 and 2. There are more but that will do for now Wink

reelmojo
If you're into RPGs I would definitely recommend getting the PS1 version of Grandia instead. I don't remember the translation being bad, but the voice acting could have used some work. If you absolutely have to play it in Japanese I suppose a guide for the PS1 version would at least help you understand what to do.

As for other Saturn games, Nights is amazing and should be played by everyone. If you like it and you can find Christmas Nights cheap I'd get that too because it's pretty cool. Dark Savior is one of my favorites but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. I'd watch a few videos online or read some reviews before dropping the cash on that one. If you don't like Virtua Fighter that much maybe Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx might be more your style. I definitely like both of them better than VF. Both Virtua Cop games are great if you like light gun games.

I haven't played them so I can't fully vouch for them yet, but Clockwork Knight and Astal are both on my to buy list for the near future.

That should get you started. You've got some great titles on your list already.
Edited by reelmojo on 29. August 2011 05:25

TF73
You should for sure also consider Panzer Dragoon Saga (PAL), Radiant Silvergun, Hyperduel, Thunderforce V and last but not least Shining Force III.

NeoGeoNinja
TF73 wrote:
You should for sure also consider Panzer Dragoon Saga (PAL), Radiant Silvergun, Hyperduel, Thunderforce V and last but not least Shining Force III.

LOL!...
he's only 17 mate! Shrug

He could buy 50 great, yet realistically priced games for those games alone!! Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

NEO-GEO man
I just wish i could find a Daytona USA in good condition for a cheap price....

TF73
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
TF73 wrote:

LOL!...
he's only 17 mate! Shrug

He could buy 50 great, yet realistically priced games for those games alone!! Hmm

Ninja

Did not notice the age, but he can still be spoiled rotten by his parentsWink Anyway, Thunderforce V should not cost a fortune.

NeoGeoNinja
NEO-GEO man wrote:
I just wish i could find a Daytona USA in good condition for a cheap price....

HOW DO YOU MEAN?...
is this hard to acquire is Australia? Are retro games in general hard to come by in Australia? I get the impression they might be...

TF73 wrote:
Did not notice the age, but he can still be spoiled rotten by his parentsWink Anyway, Thunderforce V should not cost a fortune.

FAIR POINT...
and I could be wrong, but I don't think this is the case with Mark. I think budget is quite important. I reckon 50+ for a single game may be a bit of an ask initially, especially when great Saturn games can be had for 5 or less Smile

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 30. August 2011 23:44

peiper
street fighter zero 2
nights
guardian heroes

NEO-GEO man
Not hard to aquire, just hard to come by some of them for the right price. Daytona USA is not often found in good condition here, and its not all that common either really. I wont pay $20 AUD for it either when i only paid $6 AUD for a faultlessly perfect Sega Rally and the same for an equally perfect Sega Touring car...

NeoGeoNinja
marktheshark wrote:
I've been thinking about getting a Japanese Saturn...

WELL...
you know what they say?:

"Don't thiiinkk... FEEEEEEEEEEEEL!" Honfu

Ninja

Jump to Forum: