Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 3494
Thread Info
There are 44 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 7713 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Prehistoric Isle 2: NGFL High Score Challenge
priest
Hi and welcome to the HSC game oft the week, which is Prehistoric Isle 2. Quite a lot of you guys wanted this for the GOTW so now theres no excuse not to enter this HSC with a score, good luck. Please join in the GOTW discussion thread, see link below...

Prehistoric Isle 2 GOTW discussion thread:

http://www.neogeo...post_52332

flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/snk/14228001.jpg

flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/snk/14228002.jpg

The rules:

* Play whichever version you like: NEO GEO AES / NEO GEO CD / NEO GEO MVS / MAME

* Difficulty: 4 / MVS Setting

* Lives: Default setting

* Credits: 1

* Multiple runs as training is of course allowed. Also if you manage to surpass your previous score then just post it and Iīll update the first post.

* No cheating with any kind of UNI-BIOS is allowed.

* Miss-using bugs or glitches in games in order to boost you score isnīt allowed and if discovered will lead to disqualification of your score.

* No cheating in Emulators such as autofire, Pausing or infinite lives are allowed
(or any other effect you can use in emulators to make the game easier, score higher etc)

* Photographic proof is not needed as I believe that we are all honorable people. If you like though you can attach a photo or a mini-clip with your highscore.

* State which platform you played this game on.

* The goal: Highest score possible.

* A link to "The NGFL Highscore hall of fame": http://www.neogeo...ad_id=1380

* How to present your highscore to make my work a lot easier, EXAMPLE:

User nickname: Score: , Character: , End level: , Difficulty level: ...and other facts

There will be no closing dates for the different HSC threads. They will always be there ready to accept new challengers. But I will start to award the winner a medal as soon as scores are posted. And as I said the challenge will always be there.

If you have ANY questions about this NGFL Highscore Challenge, donīt hesitate to contakt Me (priest) whoīs the mod. for this thing...

G O O D chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-gifs-urban-pacman.gif L U C K

Scoreboard JAP version:

1. Merlin: Score: 48,126,600. , green helicopter , game completed, Mame32++, JPN BIOS

2. Murikov: Score: 22,035,600. , 4th Stage (defeated by a blue Pterosaur), Helicopter: Green Hind , Played on: MVSPSP (PSP), Difficulty level: MVS, Japanese BIOS

img641.imageshack.us/img641/4686/preisle203.png

3. NEO-GEO Man: Score: 7,589,800. , Helicopter: Green , 4th stage and got done over by the boss, played on a Japan BIOS AES console.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/PrehistoricIsle21.jpg

4. reelmojo: Score: 4,227,500. , Second Stage, Helicopter: Blue , NeoRageX, Japanese

i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/prehistoricisle24.jpg

5. ?

Scoreboard EUROPEAN/US version:

1. Merlin: Score: 37,888,500. , green helicopter , game completed, Mame32++, US BIOS

2. NEO-GEO Man, score: 14,627,700. , 8 rescues, played on Euro BIOS AES console ( PAL 60 ) got to stage 3 Boss.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/PrehistoricIsle2EURO.jpg

3. ?

4. ?
Edited by priest on 03. April 2014 08:52
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NEO-GEO man
Here we are!! Wink

NEO-GEO Man, 7,589,800 points, 4th stage and got done over by the boss, played on a Japan BIOS AES console.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/PrehistoricIsle21.jpg

NEO-GEO man
I think it should also be noted here that we maybe should have a different score table for Japan BIOS and all other regions, cause there is a difference in how it works, and i think most of you will agree if you try it out that the Japan BIOS is MUCH easier.

reelmojo
Yeah, Japanese and World versions definitely need separate categories. At NEO-GEO man's suggestions I played the Japanese version since I'm definitely a beginner at this game. I'll keep playing this version for a while since it'll help me practice before jumping over the the harder US version. I also think we should say which helicopter we used. That definitely shouldn't be separate categories, but it's like saying what character you played as in a fighter. It's interesting.

reelmojo, 4,227,500 points, Second Stage, Blue, NeoRageX, Japanese

i43.photobucket.com/albums/e388/reelmojo/prehistoricisle24.jpg

EDIT: Since the first post wasn't updated yet I just edited this post for my new score rather than make a new one. My first score can be seen in the screen shot anyway.
Edited by reelmojo on 29. August 2011 04:33

NEO-GEO man
Thats a good score for beginning efforts though Mojo, given a couple weeks you will do well on this one Wink

priest
Well done you guysThumbs Up

Neo.geo man: Which helicopter did you use?

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.

NEO-GEO man
Green one

priest
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Green one

Hahahaha, yea right!

...Isnīt there just a choice between the blue and a red one?

NEO-GEO man
No, its blue and green!! Have a look on Mame, if youre player 2 there is a red one!!

priest
Neo-geo man: Oh OK. I just went with the info from the flyers, it says you have a choice between a blue and a red one. Then I guess with 2 players choosing the same vehicle, you would get another color on one of them. I thought you were trying to fool meWink

PHI2 Flyer:

flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/snk/14228002.jpg

NEO-GEO man
No, its blue and green for player 1, and yellow and red for player 2

priest
OK so green it is then...

NEO-GEO man
Id never give you a bum steer priest Wink

priest
Neo-Geo man: Hahaha, now thats reassuring to know..."bum steer" Grin

NEO-GEO man
HAHAHA!!! Wink

Murikov
Challenge Accepted!

img832.imageshack.us/img832/9688/preisle206.png

Murikov: Score: 9,826,300. , Second Stage (defeated by boss), Helicopter: Green Hind , Played on: MVSPSP (PSP), Difficulty level: MVS, Japanese BIOS

After trying out the US/EUR and JAP BIOS, I actually thought the JAP was a little bit harder. I may be completely wrong, it was just my intention.

A small tip for other HS Challengers here who don't know, I highly recommend to pick up as many score multipliers as possible (by picking up the same weapon class when you're fully powered up), as it's is a very useful feature to rise the score significantly.

I always stick with the Red Spread Shots (G), they are good for covering the right screen with bullets imo. What's your opinion on weapon choices?

EDIT: While comparing my score to the others, I realized that my score seems to be sky-high, even for being just in Stage 2. NG-Man's score is over 7,500,000., but he made it to the 4th stage.

WTF? I mean, I used the score multipliers (read above), but this isn't cheating at all. Hmm
Edited by Murikov on 02. September 2011 16:21
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

Loris Biaggi
Murikov wrote:
Challenge Accepted!
Murikov: Score: 9,826,300. , Second Stage (defeated by boss), Helicopter: Green Hind , Played on: MVSPSP (PSP), Difficulty level: MVS, Japanese BIOS
After trying out the US/EUR and JAP BIOS, I actually thought the JAP was a little bit harder. I may be completely wrong, it was just my intention.
A small tip for other HS Challengers here who don't know, I highly recommend to pick up as many score multipliers as possible (by picking up the same weapon class when you're fully powered up), as it's is a very useful feature to rise the score significantly.
I always stick with the Red Spread Shots (G), they are good for covering the right screen with bullets imo. What's your opinion on weapon choices?
EDIT: While comparing my score to the others, I realized that my score seems to be sky-high, even for being just in Stage 2. NG-Man's score is over 7,500,000., but he made it to the 4th stage.
WTF? I mean, I used the score multipliers (read above), but this isn't cheating at all. Hmm

I need time... time to play... time to make a score... Stress
------------- Neo Mini Box -----------
imageshack.us/a/img832/3766/qyg.gif

NEO-GEO man
Murikov, i never got any of those bonus extra things youre speaking of when i did that score, so that is why youre so far up on me!!

I reckon tha Japan version is easier due to getting hit means you lose only one person youre carrying, US/Euro you lose them all when you get hit!!

Murikov
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Murikov, i never got any of those bonus extra things youre speaking of when i did that score, so that is why youre so far up on me!!

All clear. It's actually quite easy to get them, try it out:

Source:
Tip: Score Multipliers

Weapons can only be powered up four times. However, you'll want to collect more weapons even after you've maxed out your firepower, because doing this starts a bonus timer. Hitting enemy targets while the bonus timer is active increases their point values by up to sixteen times!

I think Blazing Star has a similar multiplier system, but I didn't remember how you activated it.
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

NEO-GEO man
I know how to do it, i just didnt at the time!!

Jump to Forum: