Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: LIFE_IN_2D
Thread ID: 3456
Thread Info
There are 9 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2777 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
What do you think of the idea Custom Rank and/or name changes?
No fun at all, I won't be arsed. No fun at all, I won't be arsed. 0%[0 Votes]
I'd potentially like a custom Rank and/or Name change, sounds fun! I'd  potentially like a custom Rank and/or Name change, sounds fun! 100%[8 Votes]
You're a dumb wanker, 2D, and I wish you'd die. You're a dumb wanker, 2D, and I wish you'd die. 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 8
 Print Thread
Custom Ranks and/or name changes?
LIFE_IN_2D
Ok, so maybe I've been hanging out a bit too much at NG.com...

But I kinda think the idea of "Custom Ranks" a is cool thing. But only if people should choose to have one and of course if people with Admin Status would even would be up for it. Even some requests for some name changes might be fun, if anybody would like that.

Why? You might ask? I think that it might stir up come conversation, might even excite some of our members. In my opinion, anything that could possibly bring fun to the community is good.

I suppose the Custom Ranks could eventually get boring, but perhaps would give people some intensive to post more or become more active.

There are some solid members on this site, who I think would be "worthy" of a custom rank. Example ; Priest could be called "Master of the Banhammer" or STE could be "NGFL Playmate of the year" Pfft .

Of course I don't even know of any of this is possible from Kaz's stand point. I suppose he'd be the final naysayer.

If this can be done and there is interest ; I suppose it should be mostly limited to people who obtain the "Giga power" or"Neo Geo for Life" rank. Which in all seriousness, is only a handful of people, ATM.

Any replies would be appreciated, even negative ones like --
"You're a bloody sod, this isn't NG.com, piss off".

Thanks!
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 10. August 2011 02:54
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoStrayCat
Yeah, I'd be nice if long running NGFL members had their own custom ranks, and it would kinda make it better though. Thumbs Up

Other than that, you would have at least put up this in the poll option instead, lol...

"F*ck off 2D, stop being a chode, shove that MS2 Cart down your ass, and don't stop until you shoved it at the meg count."
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 10. August 2011 02:10
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
LIFE_IN_2D
The Stray wrote:
Other than that, you would have at least put up this in the poll option instead, lol...

"F*ck off 2D, stop being a chode, shove that MS2 Cart down your ass, and don't stop until you shoved it at the meg count."

BWHAHAHAHA! This made me LOL, seriously. Cheers Stray.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Kazuya_UK
I wanted to do it a while back but I need for someone to make a mod for the forum that allows you to. Last time I looked I couldn't find one. We used to have custom ranks on the old forums.

LOL @ the meg count comment LOL

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Slutty
I love custom ranks and stuff like that. My old forum had a thing called fanboy status. Under your na,e it had a small signature "like" thing that showed your favorite way to play. Ps2, pc, arcade. Stuff like that. It make it feel more like "me" that way. Also, I know I am new, but do I have to be called a weenie? Pfft
i193.photobucket.com/albums/z225/Side_ScrollR/sluttysig-1.png

priest
I think thats a great idea and Im all for it if its possibleThumbs Up
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
reelmojo
Don't worry, Slutty, if I remember right the "weenie" rank doesn't last long.

Anyway, sounds fun. A little extra flavor is always a good thing.

EDIT: I didn't even know we couldn't change our names. I've never really wanted to since coming here, but I used to do it a lot when I frequented the OCR forums. Usually just as a joke that would last for a while. And I always made sure people could still tell it was me. It was actually quite annoying when people would change their name and leave no trace of who they used to be so maybe leaving that feature out would be a good thing.
Edited by reelmojo on 11. August 2011 00:55

LIFE_IN_2D
Kazuya_UK wrote:
I wanted to do it a while back but I need for someone to make a mod for the forum that allows you to. Last time I looked I couldn't find one. We used to have custom ranks on the old forums.

LOL @ the meg count comment LOL

Kaz

So with the current software, admins have the ability to manually change members ranks? Or is that not even possible?

I know some sites automatically let users change their own ranks... after a certain post-count. This would be cool, but if we don't have the capability... we could always ask you for a custom rank, aye?

------

Hahahah about the meg count comment, it was actually Atomduck who first insulted me with that line. I wish he'd come back, that guy was hilarious.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 11. August 2011 04:11

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
I think its a very good idea - if it can be done. I remember when i got 'Marked By the Wolf'. i tried to post as little as possible so i could stay as that rank for a while.
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: