Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: marktheshark
Thread ID: 3392
Thread Info
There are 2 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1860 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Operation Rainfall: Join the Fight!
marktheshark
Q: What is Operation: Rainfall?

A: Operation: Rainfall is a movement made by someone on IGN to get Nintendo of America to release Xenoblade, The Last Story, & Pandora's Tower to North America. Although Xenoblade & The Last Story are confirmed for a European release, Nintendo doesn't seem to have any plans to bring the 3 games over to North America, nor are they planning on bringing over Pandora's Tower to Europe. The campaign now has thousands of followers on other gaming sites as well as Facebook & Twitter. Operation: Rainfall also even has it's own website (www.oprainfall.blogspot.com) & a wikipedia page.

Q: How will Operation: Rainfall try to fulfill the goals?

A: Operation: Rainfall will use a variety of methods - from going to Nintendo's facebook page & requesting the 3 games to be released, to calling Nintendo of America's representatives & asking for these games to be released, to even a mail campaign directed towards Nintendo of America later in July.

Q: Should I help even if I'm in Europe & Xenoblade as well as The Last Story could be released in my region?

A: Yes! You should ask Nintendo of Europe to bring over Pandora's Tower for example. You can also go to Nintendo's facebook page & request for the 3 games to be released in North America.

Q: So, how did Operation Rainfall start?

A: Operation Rainfall was started by a member on IGN after seeing the sucessful campaigns by fans of TV series, "Veronica Mars" & "Jericho" to extend these 2 series. In a short amount of time, many people joined Operation Rainfall. If the initial campaign is successful, the leader of the campaign might also ask Nintendo of America to bring other other games to America like Fatal Frame IV, Another Code R, etc.

Q: Where can I find more about this campaign?

A: http://oprainfall...gspot.com/ - The offical website
http://www.facebo...onRainfall - Operation Rainfall's facebook page.
http://twitter.co...OpRainfall - Operation Rainfall's Twitter account
http://www.youtub...onRainfall - Operation Rainfall's Youtube page

Q: How can I spread the awareness?

A: Tell your friends about this campaign for starters. Also, if you can, use the distribution flyers & spread them around. (Ask property owners for permission first though). Ask a game store manager if you can put up the flyers in the front of the store.

gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/rainfallflier.jpg
Edited by marktheshark on 02. July 2011 10:52

NeoGeoNinja
THANKS MARK...
this is very cool.

Locally, and on other forums, I'll spread the word. I for one, would like to see Pandora's Tower released here in Europe/UK. Until you posted this, I completely assumed it was!

PPL develop REAL titles for the WII and then choose not to release them Worldwide... like we ALL have 'COD-itis' or something?? How frustrating!

Thank God for Rainfall, eh? Wink

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Jump to Forum: