Username
Password

Remember?
Click here to register.
Forgot Your Password?
Search:
November 22 2017

Navigation
· Home
· Reviews
· Kazuya's Neo Top 10
· In Depth FAQ's
· Downloads
· Web Links
· News Categories
· Image Gallery
· Official Wallpapers
· Fan Made Wallpapers

· NGFL Site Projects

· Neo Geo - The Console
· Neo Geo Pocket Handheld
· Articles

· SNK Jukebox
· NGFL Arcade

· Discussion Forum
· Chatroom
· Latest Comments
· Xbox Live Leaderboard
· NGFL World Map

· Contact Me
· Site FAQ's
· Search Site

· Submit News
· Submit Link
· Submit Article
· Submit a Photo
· Submit Download

Random Review
3 Count Bout

Users Online
· Guests Online: 8

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,345
· Newest Member: 4d

Last Seen Users
dhowerter01:57:41
Supergrafx11:08:29
Murikov 2 days
merlin 3 days
green beret 4 days
NeoStrayCat 1 week
cthulhu 1 week
Sensi 1 week
rollinsonphilip 2 weeks
NeoGeoNinja 2 weeks

Ad

Support Us!
Donate To Us!
Enter an amount to donate:
¤

Why Donate?

Game events
Latest scores
NeoStrayCat
scored 193 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 523 points in
Snow Bowling
Snow Bowling
Henke
scored 172 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 28725 points in
Heli Boarding
Heli Boarding

Latest champions
Henke
is the new champion in
Snow Bowling with 523 points
Snow Bowling
Henke
is the new champion in
Heli Boarding with 28725 points
Heli Boarding
Henke
is the new champion in
Donkey Kong with 24900 points
Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter


Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 3385
Thread Info
There are 49 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 12416 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Medals and ranks withdrawn from members
The eccentric cat
D: I'm not! A video recording really is a small thing, it could be uploaded on the site, or on Youtube!
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.
 
NEO-GEO man
I wont be recording a video for the simple fact i have no means to record the screen with, i use PROPER GENUINE hardware, as can usually be seen in the screen shots i get of the scores.

I cant use that same digital camera to shoot the video, cause it will only record for about 2 minutes. I cant use my phone cause a phone is a phone, and its for making phone calls, and that is all mine does.

I dont own a video camera, and im not buying one either.

At the end of the day, this is a BIG fact:

PEOPLE WHO CHEAT ONLY FOOL THEMSELVES

So why should anyone else care if people want to take the chance and look like fools.
Edited by NEO-GEO man on 06. July 2011 07:31
 
merlin
The eccentric cat wrote:
merlin wrote:
I don't think anyone taking part in HSCs should be forced to make a video. That would put a lot of people off taking part. It's just one possible way of showing evidence.


I don't think it would be too much effort. Fraps is incredibly simple to use, and as I've said, if they're using an emulator, there's really no reason not to record it. Its a reasonable thing to ask, yes? Shock


I don't know about other people who take part using emulators but personally I can't really be bothered making a video every time I post a score. I'd much rather switch to Wolfmame which is specially designed for high score challenges and generates an input file that can be submitted as evidence. I can see your point though Cat that if it's decided that other emulators besides Wolfmame will still be allowed then a video would be a good way of showing evidence.

LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
WOW. You're such a demanding kitteh... EVIL, PURE EVIL.

3.bp.blogspot.com/-baCTzrvc3Ow/TcgJpZXwGKI/AAAAAAAAAPc/rrzxTQa_OpE/s1600/evil-1.jpg



LOL LOLLOL
 
RiKo
Cat Wrote :- D: I'm not! A video recording really is a small thing, it could be uploaded on the site, or on Youtube!


yes to be fair Cat - you can't even be bothered to enter the High Score Challenges in the first place! and now you expect us to make videos? pfftt Wink

Seriously though - I have same problem as NeoGeoMan - i use the TV and my AES to play and i only have a standard digital camera. I could record a mini-video of the highscore table at the end which would be better than a photo but i could still have used UniBios to cheat and give my self extra lives.
Edited by RiKo on 06. July 2011 13:40
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
The eccentric cat
NEO-GEO man wrote:
I wont be recording a video for the simple fact i have no means to record the screen with, i use PROPER GENUINE hardware, as can usually be seen in the screen shots i get of the scores.


I didn't mean record your playthrough if you have the actual console. A simple photograph should be enough for that.

merlin wrote:
I don't know about other people who take part using emulators but personally I can't really be bothered making a video every time I post a score. I'd much rather switch to Wolfmame which is specially designed for high score challenges and generates an input file that can be submitted as evidence. I can see your point though Cat that if it's decided that other emulators besides Wolfmame will still be allowed then a video would be a good way of showing evidence.


That's the best way to do it actually. Its the most convenient way to verify the score!


RiKo wrote:
yes to be fair Cat - you can't even be bothered to enter the High Score Challenges in the first place! and now you expect us to make videos? pfftt ;)


That's another matter altogether though. I just don't play those particular Highscore challenges. I should probably start joining when I actually do play them though. I just never look at my score. :(

BASICALLY, what I mean is, record a video if you are on an emulator, take a picture if you are using the actual hardware. That's not too much to ask, yes?
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.
 
shion
Well, I have been encouraging others to record their high scores for years. The common rebuttal, I believe, is it's too much of a hassel. Really? Why do you people buy high end computers with tons of hard disk space then? OK, fine, let's say it does take some of you (and I say some because I know not everyone has top of the line electronics) out of your comfort zones. Is it too much to ask to furnish some body of proof? I can think of several alternatives, like second hand recording (come on, I know tech types have digital recorders), a snap shot of the screen or even a second hand photograph. Yes, these kinds of proof can be manipulated, but requiring an extra step to post a HS will surely deter some unhonest submitters (quite frankly, it will be too much of a hassel to be assed into doing it, for some).

Proof policies aside, I do like the idea of using the emulator that doesn't allow cheating. I wasn't even aware one existed. If at the very least, use this EMU guys!
 
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
NEO-GEO man
I wouldnt bother with NEO-GEO emulation again, unless i want to have a look at a game that i havent played before.

I wont play NEO-GEO games for any more than a couple minutes on an emulator and only to see what its like before i buy it.

Its not the same playing on an emulator as playing the real machine, so i dont see any good reason not to allow people to play on emulators if they so choose.
 
TLO
Sad thing to hear people have bin cheatingThumbs Down
Hope the HSC stays, I don't use it that often but it would be a great loss if it wasn't there , I wouldn't mind filming my run if it where the rules, but then again it's a bit of a drag..

I think it would be a good idea only to let members post in the HSC if they have bin members for longer time period, and maybe reset the scores and only allow scores with screenshots or pictures.. If the is a doubt in a particularly score later on, then the member should have no problem making a new run video as proof.

3.bp.blogspot.com/-4gIpcYiSJ_c/TcEIB2lLReI/AAAAAAAAABc/BlMuy_8MKa8/s1600/cheating_cats.jpg
 
LIFE_IN_2D
TLO wrote:
3.bp.blogspot.com/-4gIpcYiSJ_c/TcEIB2lLReI/AAAAAAAAABc/BlMuy_8MKa8/s1600/cheating_cats.jpg


^... BWHAHAHAHAAHAH!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...
 
Jump to Forum:

  Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
[NEWS] Interview with former Samurai Shodown development members Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 3 20. April 2017 20:36
NGFL members on instagram Other Unrelated Discussion 8 13. July 2015 16:26
Since we no longer have medals anymore... Suggestions/Help Area @ Site News 35 04. April 2014 00:28
NGFL HSC Medals Ranking Neo Geo High Score Challenges! 1 20. August 2012 21:13
Medals Suggestions/Help Area @ Site News 3 20. August 2012 11:26