Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 3378
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6539 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
SNK vs CAPCOM Chaos: NGFL High Score Challenge
priest
Hi!

So the updates in the HSC forum have been few and far apart lately, but there was a reason why I took a break in updating with new games. It seems that at least a couple of members and one in specific (we all know whom IŽm talking about) cries out for new challenges. I hope that more members steps up to the challenge and give fight...

SVC Chaos...A match made in heaven or hell, depending on who you ask. Still a great game and a worthy addition to any NEO GEO collection. WeŽll see if this HSC will get a matching GOTW thread. Right now Eccentric cat (responsible for the GOTW) seems to be M I A...

Good luck

wallpaperstock.net/snk-vs.-capcom%3A-chaos_wallpapers_20164_1600x1200.jpg

The rules:

* Play whichever version you like: NEO GEO AES / NEO GEO CD / NEO GEO MVS / MAME

* Difficulty: 4 / MVS Setting

* Lives: Default setting

* Credits: 1

* Multiple runs as training is of course allowed. Also if you manage to surpass your previous score then just post it and IŽll update the first post.

* No cheating with any kind of UNI-BIOS is allowed.

* Miss-using bugs or glitches in games in order to boost you score isnŽt allowed and if discovered will lead to disqualification of your score.

* No cheating in Emulators such as autofire, Pausing or infinite lives are allowed
(or any other effect you can use in emulators to make the game easier, score higher etc)

* Photographic proof is not needed as I believe that we are all honorable people. If you like though you can attach a photo or a mini-clip with your highscore.

* State which platform you played this game on.

* The goal: Highest score possible.

* A link to "The NGFL Highscore hall of fame": http://www.neogeo...ad_id=1380

* How to present your highscore to make my work a lot easier, EXAMPLE:

User nickname: Score: , Character: , End level: , Difficulty level: ...and other facts

There will be no closing dates for the different HSC threads. They will always be there ready to accept new challengers. But I will start to award the winner a medal as soon as scores are posted. And as I said the challenge will always be there.

G O O D www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/mai2k2-butt2.gif L U C K

Scoreboard:

1. Life_In_2D (2D!): Score: 10:03:21 , Character: Terry Bogard , Difficulty: MVS , Format: US MVS CART (JAP BIOS), GAME COMPLETED.

i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/ea54a5346e4e__1309022015000.jpg

2. NEO-GEO Man Score: 10:28:33 , Character: Terry Bogard , Difficulty: MVS Format: US AES CART ( also JAP BIOS), Finished the game.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/SvCChaos.jpg

3. Murikov: Score: 13:25:31 , Stage 6 (Terry Bogard) , Character: Gouki , Played on: NCDZPSP (PSP) , Difficulty level: MVS

img38.imageshack.us/img38/9136/svc03.png

4. ?
Edited by priest on 05. July 2011 16:44
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
LIFE_IN_2D
Oh man! I was waiting for this one. I play this game solo a lot, hence I'm a bit 'immune' to some of the bosses AI. I always play Terry, as his "rush-in" game is top-notch in this game. Anyways, glad to see this game on HSC! Here's my first go.

i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/ea54a5346e4e__1309022015000.jpg

Life_In_2D (2D!): Score: 10:03:21 , Character: Terry Bogard , Difficulty: MVS , Format: US MVS CART (JAP BIOS), GAME COMPLETED.

Also some relevant info. I faced Geese as a mid-boss, it was epic ! I lucked out in facing Violent Ken (who is easier than Orochi Iori) and Serious Mr. Karate ( who is easier than Shin Gouki). Shin Gouki is the most troublesome character to beat, for me. Athena is a big push-over, easiest SNK boss ever.

I'm very interested in who people face throughout the game.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 25. June 2011 18:36
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

priest
Hey 2D and welcome to the re-opening of the HSC sectionThumbs Up

Scoreboard, medals and hall of fame are updated.

Loris Biaggi
priest wrote:It seems that at least a couple of members and one in specific (we all know whom IŽm talking about) cries out for new challenges

Ahahah LOL
"He" did it! He convinced you! LOL

Now you can go on holyday... Grin
Oh! No! You can't! Now you have to record our scores! (i'm joking...)

I will contribute with my best score, but i'm really bad at SVC.
Can we use secret characters?
------------- Neo Mini Box -----------
imageshack.us/a/img832/3766/qyg.gif

priest
Virtual Boy: Well you know what?! A lot of this guy (IMAGE DELETED - SEE KAZ) and his friends may effect my decisions, free stuff may also workWink

...Seriously, Neo-geo man really nagged...Ehrm! Wink I mean put his heart into his wishes for a new HSC game, so I thought that it was only fair that he would get his wishes come true.

So nagging may pay off...but on the other hand it might not...

EDIT: Virtual Boy wrote "Can we use secret characters?"

...What do you guys say? Should we have a seperate scoreboard for the "secret characters" or should we just allow all of the "cast"?
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 26. August 2012 08:57

LIFE_IN_2D
priest wrote:

...What do you guys say? Should we have a seperate scoreboard for the "secret characters" or should we just allow all of the "cast"?

I say keep a separate scoreboard for secret characters.

Funny that anybody would bother with them though, as they have glass jaws.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 26. June 2011 01:34
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NEO-GEO man
Yay!! Smile

I just got home a while ago from working around 11 hrs fixing up and connecting house wiring that was done by people that dont know what they are doing and shouldve left it to me in the first place.

Youve made my day alot better now Priest, and i will fire this up again tomorrow to see what i can do Wink

I have only played this one twice, me and a friend played it for a few hours, and i also played it for an hour or so after i got the AES cart to work.

I dont know how to get the secret characters, and i dont know alot of the moves either. I seem to do best with Terry and Kyo against my friend. Some characters we found to be totally worthless, Hugo was a perfect example... Maybe it's just us Wink

It might be a while before i can get a score up cause this is one of those games that needs to be completed before you get a score ( in the form of completion time ) but ill keep posting my progress as i go.

priest
Neo-Geo Man: ItŽs good to hear that youŽre working hard and keep that money commingSmile

ThereŽs no hurry, this challenge is here to stay...

OK since 2D is the only one WhoŽanswered: seperate scoreboards it is then.

NEO-GEO man
Ok, here we are Wink
NEO-GEO Man Score: 10:28:33 , Character: Terry Bogard , Difficulty: MVS Format: US AES CART ( also JAP BIOS), Finished the game.

Really bad pic though...
i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/SvCChaos.jpg

priest
Neo-Geo man: Well done, second place and the silver coin goes to youThumbs Up

So which caracters and in which orde did you fight them (if you remember something specific)

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.

NEO-GEO man
Im not sure, i did fight Goenitz in the middle, and Akuma at the end, and a heavy duty version of Ken, that is about all i remember really, i didnt take alot of notice, cause most of these characters i dont even know!! Some of them arent even on the list to chose.

priest
OK!

Goenitz...How I hate him and his cheap whirlwindattacksAngry this oneŽs for Goenitz - BanHammer
Edited by priest on 27. June 2011 11:08

Murikov
A first try with a cheap Capcom character (actually I don't like Gouki at all). There's still a lot to be done, time- and skill-wise.

img38.imageshack.us/img38/9136/svc03.png

Murikov: Score: 13:25:31 , Stage 6 (Terry Bogard) , Character: Gouki , Played on: NCDZPSP (PSP) , Difficulty level: MVS
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

priest
Murikov wrote: There's still a lot to be done, time- and skill-wise.

Well, Rome wasnŽt built in a day you know...Good job, the third place is yoursThumbs Up

IŽll keep a look out for further progress from you MRSmile

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.

Jump to Forum: