Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NEO-GEO man
Thread ID: 3360
Thread Info
There are 36 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5404 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Can we have a few more games added to the High Score challenge list? ;)
NEO-GEO man
There is a few games i own that are not on the list, that i can see anyway. My eyesight isnt what it used to be either!! Wink

These 2 ive been into abit lately:

Prehistoric Isle 2
Thrash Rally / Rally Chase ( i have this on MVS, AES, and CD, and all 3 versions are slightly different )

Would also like to see SvC Chaos added, i will have that here next week i hope, and also Strikers 1945 PLUS, which i will look at buying soon.

Other people may have some other requests to add to the high scores challenge list!! Smile

priest
Now this makes me happy, an actual request for some more games to join the HSC familySmile

Like Iīve written earlier; Iīll try to get time to put up some more challenges on a more regular basis, like in the begining of the HSC.

Your wishes have been noted, Neo-geo man.

Anyone else got some suggestions?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NEO-GEO man
Good stuff!! Smile

LIFE_IN_2D
Neo-Geo Man's suggestions sound pretty good. I'll get in on the SVC stuff, I'm not that great but it'll give me a purpose to get better!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
Last Hope Pink Bullets and Fast Striker on AES/MVS and CD (if those play the same). when ive played on my Neo recently ive been mainly playing pink bullets. i am not man enough to handle the normal coloured bullets:(
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Murikov
Corresponding GotW articles would be nice as well. It's been quite a time since last GotW entry. Hmm
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

priest
2D: Yup! thatīs the main idea with the HSC

RiKo: Youīre so "non-old-school", whats the matter with you?!!! Wink

Iīm afraid that the games you suggest are quite scarse among the NGFL members so you would not get much of a challenge. But your suggestion have been notedSmile

Murikov: Yea seems like the catīs been missing in action, maybe someone else could take up the thread where he left off?

LIFE_IN_2D
priest wrote:
Murikov: Yea seems like the catīs been missing in action, maybe someone else could take up the thread where he left off?

Yeah, it's a shame too. Kitteh was so good at doing the GoTW descriptions and all. If Kitteh is succeeded by another member, I really hope that he/she is as good as Kitteh was.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

priest
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:Yeah, it's a shame too. Kitteh was so good at doing the GoTW descriptions and all. If Kitteh is succeeded by another member, I really hope that he/she is as good as Kitteh was.

2D: Perhaps you could do it? You got your way with words and I think that you would do the job briliantly...

LIFE_IN_2D
priest wrote:
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:Yeah, it's a shame too. Kitteh was so good at doing the GoTW descriptions and all. If Kitteh is succeeded by another member, I really hope that he/she is as good as Kitteh was.

2D: Perhaps you could do it? You got your way with words and I think that you would do the job briliantly...

In all honesty, my writing are severely lacking... or I would take up the task. Also, my wit is a little too harsh, I'd just end up unintentionally insulting games that many people love. I might consider taking up the helm, if nobody else wants to. GoTW is a NGFL tradition, and I really miss seeing a new GoTW on the NGFL news reel every so often.

I think Merlin is a very good candidate, although he seems very busy as of late.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 11. June 2011 20:54

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NEO-GEO man
Id like to see Real Bout Special added as well, ive got that on MVS. I will hook into some more games soon, ive got 3 days off this week so i might fire up the machines tonight and do some battle, i havent had a shot at the Metal Slug scores yet, ive got 1 and 2 on CD.

priest
Neo-geo man: Out of the games you requested earlier in this thread, we have already done Strikers 1945 +. And like you said there are the MS games, so you have some scores to beat at least. Take a look at the HSC forum if thereīs any other games which you might have missed...

Edit: Moved thread
Edited by priest on 12. June 2011 07:35

NEO-GEO man
I mustve missed strikers, i knew Metal Slug was there, i am not a gold contender on that one though, which is why i havent entered yet, but ill put in a bid later on Wink

Ill have a look now and see what else.

priest
You donīt have to achieve a gold medal right a way. On the contrary I like to see the progress in each game made by the members.

Good luckSmile

NEO-GEO man
What about Crossed Swords 2? Can we add that on as well?

Im about to fire up the CD now with The Super Spy.

priest
Iīm working this SundayThumbs Down

So updates may be a little later than usual, donīt worry Iīll get it done eventually though...

Another rare title, Crossed Swords 2. Hmm
Edited by priest on 12. June 2011 10:09

NEO-GEO man
I dont see Crossed Swords 1 on there either.

Also Stakes Winner, i did play that a few weeks ago, and did pretty good there too...

merlin
I agree it's a shame that GOTW has died off and would be good to get back to having it every week. It's a popular feature at NGFL and helps to stimulate discussion. Cat has done a great job with it and of course it's understandable if he hasn't got enough time right now to carry on with it. I agree it would be good if someone else took over GOTW. Cat can always start doing it again in the future if he has time.

LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
I think Merlin is a very good candidate, although he seems very busy as of late.

Thanks 2D. I would be willing to do it but perhaps someone else would like to have a go. I think you would make a good job of it too. Would be good too if we post a news item for every GOTW including links to both the discussion thread and HSC.

Sorry for going a bit off topic Neo-Geo Man.

NEO-GEO man
Mate no need to be sorry for being off topic, any posting is better than no posting!!

Also i notice that Fighter's History Dynamite is not in the list, and i have this on AES.

Ill come back and condense this abit better in a minute, and get all those games into one post.

NEO-GEO man
Prehistoric Isle 2
Thrash Rally / Rally Chase
SvC Chaos
Real Bout Special
Crossed Swords 1/2
Fighter's History Dynamite

Last Hope Pink Bullets and Fast Striker i dont have, id be keen enough to buy them if they came up, but alot of other games to get before those i think. How many here own these games?

Does anyone want to add to the list?

Im happy to write a short piece on some games if this is needed for the high score page.

Jump to Forum: