Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 335
Thread Info
There are 17 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2295 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Free month of Netflix
candycab
I know a few people here have used Netflix in the past.

Ive been using them for a few years now and dig it, anyway I just got two one free moth subscription codes in the mail today.

If anyone here wants one I can shoot you the code etc.

You must be a first time subscriber, offer expires on June 30 07

Im pretty sure the standard trial is for two weeks so this might be cool for a first timer. Its not much but if someone is interested and hasnt already tried it then what the heck.

Grin
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Spooky
I'll take it. , or PunkSka101 for AIM.

candycab
Youve got a PM Grin

1 more left Cool
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Spooky
Hey, thanks a lot for that.

boogiepop
This is a little off topic but...
I've also been a long-time user and participated in the class act a few months ago. I was supposed to get a free month or something and nothing ever came of it (I think). Did the same thing happen to you?

Spooky
Mine worked perfectly fine. Netflix was such a clever idea, but has anyone used GameFly? How is it?

candycab
boogiepop wrote:
This is a little off topic but...
I've also been a long-time user and participated in the class act a few months ago. I was supposed to get a free month or something and nothing ever came of it (I think). Did the same thing happen to you?

Nope, I didnt know there was a suit against them.

Thats news to me

I know a few people who have used Gamefly and said it was great.

This was a few years ago though so I cant say what they are like now.
Edited by candycab on 24. May 2007 02:14

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

boogiepop
candycab wrote:
Nope, I didnt know there was a suit against them.

Thats news to me

I know a few people who have used Gamefly and said it was great.

This was a few years ago though so I cant say what they are like now.

Maybe you joined just after the advertisement that they sued over was shown. Had to ask.
Anyway, netflix is great for you anime nuts. Considering that anime costs more than crack that is.

Spooky
Yeah, it's amazing what you can order off of there. It just sucks when the sleeves with the discs in'em get lost due the carelessness of a friend or family member, pretty much voiding membership. Fun..

candycab
Spooky wrote:
Yeah, it's amazing what you can order off of there. It just sucks when the sleeves with the discs in'em get lost due the carelessness of a friend or family member, pretty much voiding membership. Fun..

I couldnt tell you how many cracked discs Ive recieved.

So far Ive had about four that just up and vanished off the face of the earth, other than that Im really enjoying it. HDDVD is kinds scarce right now but its that way in general, plus the format doesnt really seem to be ready for prime time just yet, lots of overal quality and sync issues and the HD/SD combo discs are a total joke.

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Spooky
Yeah, that's true, I don't think people are ready for that yet. I gotta say, I still don't fully understand the concept of keeping a video for as long as you want, kinda sounds like uh..stealing. I mean, what's to stop people from just keeping the DVD's? Arrest?

candycab
Spooky wrote:
Yeah, that's true, I don't think people are ready for that yet. I gotta say, I still don't fully understand the concept of keeping a video for as long as you want, kinda sounds like uh..stealing. I mean, what's to stop people from just keeping the DVD's? Arrest?

If you were to keep some movies then try and cancel youre account they will immediatly bill you the full value [ something like $64.00 each I think ] of the discs in youre possesion. I know if you report more than 5 discs as missing they will freeze and review youre account.

Thats 5 discs incrimentally or all at once, makes no difference

I live about an hour from the San Jose Ca distribution center so my movies litteraly take 1 day to go back and forth, I had 8 of them get lost in the mail at once so I waited the suggested 8 days before reporting them. Being the Cop that I am, on the 7 day I was already calling a guy I know who is a Postal inspector who had another Officer take a report for investigation.

On day nine I reported them as lost and almost immediatly after that they ofcourse had recieved them, they flagged my account and frooze it so I had to call them on the phone get it worked out, which was very quick and painless Thumbs Up The operator got all happy and thanked me when I told him I had already had the postal Cops file a report on it.

So long as you pay youre monthly payment its always going to be a rental [ obviously Wink ]
Edited by candycab on 25. May 2007 01:12

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Spooky
Heh, good to know they have a system for stuff like that. I'm just kinda used to people at the local Hastings renting movies and never returning them..ever. It's weird too because I still have a copy of Miller's Crossing on DVD from BlockBuster that I rented like 1 or two years ago. I really should return it. The weird thing about Hastings is that they have a spring cleaning where they clear all charges and late fees so it's basically a free pardon for thieves.

Shiny
Ok, let me get this straight, and please forgive my ignorance, you're renting DVDs by post?

How long can you keep them for? How much do they charge for this? And DVDs seem a little fragile to be shipping back and forth to wherever...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Spooky
Yup, you heard right. DVD's by mail. Basically, you put like 4 or 5 movies in a Queue and whichever is at the top comes first in the mail in 1 or two days. They come in a soft little sleeve and are (from my experience) in good condition most of the time. Then, after you're done, you just reseal the envelope, and stick it in the mail. I think Netflix is like 17.99 a month for 3 DVD's at a time and like 4.99 for 1. I'm not completely sure though. The longest I've kept one was for about a week. It a booming business that works surprisingly well. The DVD's are pretty well sealed so it's not really a problem.
Edited by Spooky on 25. May 2007 01:19

Shiny
Sounds interesting, I suppose it depends on your location, I live in the town centre and I have to walk past Blockbuster to get to the post office so it doesn't make much sense for me, but for people who live further-a-field yeah good idea. Wink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Spooky
Yeah, it's a nice thing to be subscribed to, especially when the first month is free. I need to try Gamefly now, I hear it's the same..but with video games.

Jump to Forum: