Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Murikov
Thread ID: 3320
Thread Info
There are 42 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 18769 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Treasure of the Carribean
Murikov
After selling in advance a AES version of Bang Bang Busters, the mysterious Neo Conception team has now announced their second release for December 2011.

Now we are talking of Treasure of the Caribbean, a Neo Geo puzzle prototype title which was developed by FACE Corporation in 1994, the makers of Gururin and Zupapa on the same system.

imageshack.us/m/263/7233/treasure3.png
imageshack.us/m/690/4448/treasure6.jpg
imageshack.us/m/849/7661/toc2s.jpg

I'm sure that these guys will ask horrible prices for it, as the Neo hype around this game will be tremendous. I really do wonder how they procure these long-lost titles and convert them into AES versions, must be one hell of a dubious business.
Edited by Murikov on 24. February 2012 23:00
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

boogiepop
By FACE!?!? My curiosity is piqued. Thanks for passing on this info.

Oh, and I like the artwork of the monkey grabbing that dude by the mouth.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

reelmojo
I'm not even gonna pretend that I'll be able to afford this for AES. I'm very interested to see how it's played though. The fact that the tiles don't line up and more than three of the same color are touching really makes me wonder what's even going on in that gameplay shot.

Also interesting, on their Facebook they say they're working on "a shooting game unknow from the neogeo list." So, a NG prototype that isn't even known to exist? Cool!

Loris Biaggi
I'm not a puzzle game lover, but it's good to see new games for the NG game list!

Murikov
reelmojo wrote:
The fact that the tiles don't line up and more than three of the same color are touching really makes me wonder what's even going on in that gameplay shot.

I imagine that the gameplay could be similar to the one of Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo, in which you need a colored detonator stone to liquidate blocks of the same color. But after all I'm not overly excited about that system, I heavily doubt that it could overcome the awesomeness of a Puzzle Bobble 2 or Magical Drop 3. But a new Neo Geo title is at least something.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

boogiepop
Murikov wrote:
I imagine that the gameplay could be similar to the one of Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo, in which you need a colored detonator stone to liquidate blocks of the same color. But after all I'm not overly excited about that system, I heavily doubt that it could overcome the awesomeness of a Puzzle Bobble 2 or Magical Drop 3. But a new Neo Geo title is at least something.

I'd normally write it off but since these are the guys who made Money Idol Exchanger, which is, in my humble opinion, the best frickin' game on the neo, I'm willing to let myself get a little excited. Smile
Edited by boogiepop on 16. May 2011 12:25

valgalder
boogiepop wrote:
Murikov wrote:

I'd normally write it off but since these are the guys who made Money Idol Exchanger, which is, in my humble opinion, the best frickin' game on the neo, I'm willing to let myself get a little excited. Smile

I really should learn how Money Idol Exchanger works.. i've been too busy having a total blast with Magical Drop 2 though Pfft That's quickly became one of my favorite puzzle games..

boogiepop
valgalder wrote:
I really should learn how Money Idol Exchanger works.. i've been too busy having a total blast with Magical Drop 2 though Pfft That's quickly became one of my favorite puzzle games..

I just never got Magical Drop. I don't know... Colored balloons just don't seem to work my brain the way it wants to be worked I guess. I highly recommend giving MIE a go, though. Most people pass on it because it involves 1. basic math and 2. an extremely cute setting. Get past these and you've got one addictive puzzler.

Oh, and pass on the versus mode. Single player timed is where it's at.

Sorry if I'm derailing a bit. Zip It

RiKo
I would imagine it cant be that great if it was never released. puzzle games like this dont really excite me because there are quite a few that look similar already on the system. i would definitely be interested in playing it but probably not for the kind of prices they will charge. I do want to get Money Idol Exchanger at some point though Thumbs Up

i think its great we are getting a lot of Neo Geo game released in 2011!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Great news that yet another Neo Geo proto game will be released. Will be very interesting to see how this one plays. Gururun was quite a disappointing puzzle game from Face but of course as people have already said MIE is a truly great puzzle game. It's wonderful too that this is going to also be released on NGCD. Grin I think NGCD is the ideal format for releasing these protos since it makes them a lot more affordable and of course no existing games need to be sacrificed unlike with AES.

RiKo wrote:
I would imagine it cant be that great if it was never released.

RiKo I wouldn't be surprised if a few of these unreleased games aren't that great like Dunk Star by Sammy for example but Ghost Lop was never released and that's a great game. Also people at neo-geo.com who have played Bang Bang Busters have said they thought it was very good. Not surprising considering it was developed by Visco.

Sorry to go off topic but since a few people have been talking about Money Idol Exchanger I just thought I'd mention the arcade game 'Mouja' in case anyone hasn't heard of it. Found this one recently on Mame and thought it was pretty interesting.

STE C
Umm NGCD, well I am no puzzle game fan but I will buy it for NGCD as its simply f*ckin cool in this day and age to be able to buy a NG game new.

merlin
I agree STE it's pretty exciting to be able to buy a new Neo Geo game and since it's coming for NGCD it'll be a lot more affordable too. Neo Conception have revealed a bit more info about this title on their Facebook page:

Treasure of Caribbean update:
Action take place in 1820's, three members of the Mosquito Fleet engaged a deadly battle against the Cuban-born Diabolito and his companions of destruction!
Battle: a twinkle slime transform a slime of the same color in an empty treasure box (and then send to the player 2),an empty treasure is invincible.When the screen is full there is a winner.All the characters own a special ability !

Treasure of Caribbean Note:
3 characters playable on the story mode, 11 characters on the versus mode and a coopération mode (2 players against the computer in the same time).
A Video is coming soon !! stay tuned!!!

Edited by merlin on 13. June 2011 19:21

-SD-
Thankfully, I have no interest at all in puzzle games, especially the vastly expensive variety. This apparently unknown shooter NCI has mentioned has me interested though.

I'd also like to know what's going on with Last Odyssey and if it's ever going to see the light of day.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

merlin
Neo Conception just posted an update on Facebook about the release of Treasure of the Caribbean:

Pre-order for Treasure of Caribbean July 20th
Limited Edition of 100 pieces,Japanese only.
Price: 350 euros.Priority to the buyer of Bang Bang Busters from July 15th.
Neogeo CD version is confirmed (english and japanese) for December.
Thanks to everyone.

Also they've shown a few more screenshots of the game although they pointed out these are in HD and therefore not exactly the same as what the Neo Geo version will look like.

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/TOC1.jpg

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/TOC2.jpg

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Neo%20Geo/TOC3.jpg

I was surprised that no-one at NGFL apart from me commented on the announcement that the Neo Geo game QP was going to be released. Even if the game might not appeal to everyone surely a 'new' Neo Geo game being announced is exciting news? Hmm Worth remembering too that it's being translated into English.

QP Neo Geo Freak scans

LIFE_IN_2D
I suppose Neo-Geo collectors are more excited than Neo-Geo gamers. In all honestly, I could give two shits about playing this game -- I don't buy a game (especially over priced ones) unless I mean to play it. ANOTHER puzzle game with dumb-looking, uninspired characters? Whoopty-fucking-doo.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 02. July 2011 18:24
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
Sounds like you're not much of a puzzle game fan 2D. I think plenty of people who aren't hardcore collectors are excited about these new releases. Given the age of the Neo Geo hardware I think it's remarkable and very cool that there are still games being released. I'm feeling optimistic about Treasure of the Caribbean since the developer Face were responsible for one of the best puzzle games on the Neo Geo. It's interesting to note that the game has a 2 player co-op mode.

STE C wrote:
Umm NGCD, well I am no puzzle game fan but I will buy it for NGCD as its simply f*ckin cool in this day and age to be able to buy a NG game new.

Thumbs Up
Edited by merlin on 03. July 2011 00:40

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
ANOTHER puzzle game with dumb-looking, uninspired characters? Whoopty-fucking-doo

merlin wrote:
Sounds like you're not much of a puzzle game fan 2D

REALLY??
Hahahahahaha!

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 03. July 2011 01:50
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
merlin wrote:
Sounds like you're not much of a puzzle game fan 2D.

Actually I love Puzzle Bobble 2, and Puzzle Bobble 2X is probably my favorite puzzle game of all time (due to the "2001 : A Space Odyssey" references). I also love Magical drop 3, as it's an absolute classic with unforgettable characters and amazing gameplay. This game, "Treasure ...whatever" looks lame, the characters look generic and the graphics look plain out bum-fuck ugly. So, in short, I DO like puzzle games, if they are original and well polished.

It's cool that new games are still being released for the Neo, but I'll save my enthusiasm for future protos that actually interest me.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
A very short video has now been posted on Facebook. Neo Conception are planning to post a longer video soon showing some of the characters special moves.

http://www.facebo...1963336860

In cart form the release was originally going to be limited to 100 Japanese AES but that has now been changed to 150 AES and also 50 MVS. Most have already been sold it seems.

Some interesting info they posted:

To answer a regular question the game is not licensed by Face for an easy reason we can't find anyone from Face also we did programmed 90% of the game by ourselves we do not use the work of someone else,thanks to everyone.

Edited by merlin on 22. July 2011 17:45

eveallure
I suppose Neo-Geo collectors are more excited than Neo-Geo gamers most successful videogame musician. he lives in Southern CaliforniaClap
Edited by eveallure on 11. August 2011 10:57

Jump to Forum: