Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 330
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
TV Shows youre watching now !
candycab
What are you guys watching ?

It can be new old or DVD so long as its TV Grin

Im currently watching and enjoying the first season of the Origional "Incredible Hulk" with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno via DVD.

One of the shows I really liked as a kid Wink

Its interesting that old TV shows like this were almost one hour movies compared to current TV shows that really lack detailed storylines or atleast the lack of need to explain everything that is going on in the show. I think older shows like these feel like they have more sunstance to them overall rgan the shows of today.

Kind of a more rewarding experience atleast as the storyline goes.

Hulk Info

I need to see if I can still get "Tales of the Golden Monkey" from Amazon.com

Tales of the Golden Monkey Info

More Monkey Info here

Recently I got the first season of "Soap" and started watching that ... Great show .. Its so politically incorrect it would make alot of our pussy-ass Liberal pukes in Congress nowdays cry... I love it Grin

Soap Info Here

Bye the way if you guys want DVD rips of either let me know Wink

"MR Mcgee... Dont make me angry ! ..... You wouldnt like me when im angry !"

So what are you guys watching?
Edited by candycab on 17. May 2007 11:08
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
Man I used to love the Hulk when I was a kid! Grin

The TV shows that seem to be in constant rotation in my DVD player are...

Black Books - Dylan Moran's hilarious sitcom set in a small book shop.

http://www.youtub...RjWvqGwBMQ

Spaced (as always) - The single finest show ever to grace television screens anywhere.

http://www.youtub...Hc0VDdhXVQ It's the whole of episode 1 baby!

Simpsons
- Seasons 4 and 5 are where the show peaked imo, and with the exception of Family Guy, the only US sitcom that doesn't suck ass.

Blackadder - All of the seasons are indescribably funny but season 2 is my fave.

http://www.youtub...Px9CyYAI5c
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Spooky
Scrubs, Lost, Prison Break and The Simpsons but only if it's an old episode from seasons before 2000. I HATE how they've been focusing on issues like marriage problems and crap like that, I miss it when the show was smart. Conan O'Brien was the greatest! Bleh..

phry
lol! Black Books is such a great show Shiny. Anything with both Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey in it deserves the upmost respect.

http://www.youtub...4bzamJivu4

Best Ice Lolly ever Grin

As for me, pretty much Scrubs, Prison Break, Battlestar Galactica and The IT Crowd (clips below LOL )

http://www.youtub...kiDaU0CBRs
http://www.youtub...nGjxO_Bfac

candycab
Spooky wrote:
Scrubs, Lost, Prison Break and The Simpsons but only if it's an old episode from seasons before 2000. I HATE how they've been focusing on issues like marriage problems and crap like that, I miss it when the show was smart. Conan O'Brien was the greatest! Bleh..

Its a sure sign to move on when shows that were once unique in their story content start playing subject matter thats been beat to death bye pretty much everything that came before them.

At that point its blindly obvious that the wrighters either dont care anymore or are just spent idea wise....Time for the AXE !

Let it die for say five years then comeback and enjoy it again, too many shows just become rating whores and lose any hint of creativity [ then drone on until you truely loathe them ] that they started with.

Which is probably why network TV makes me gag when I see it Wink
Edited by candycab on 24. May 2007 23:06
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
phry wrote:
lol! Black Books is such a great show Shiny. Anything with both Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey in it deserves the upmost respect.

http://www.youtub...4bzamJivu4

Best Ice Lolly ever Grin

I wonder if I can really do that...? Not with wine though, obviously, Jack Daniels is the way forward for ice lollies! Pfft

As for me, pretty much Scrubs, Prison Break, Battlestar Galactica and The IT Crowd (clips below LOL )

http://www.youtub...kiDaU0CBRs
http://www.youtub...nGjxO_Bfac

Never seen The IT Crowd before, that's really goddamn funny! lol! Chris Morris is awesome! And reminds me, I also quite like Brass Eye and Jam. The Latter I couldn't describe if I tried.

Brass Eye - Trying to buy drugs that don't exist

Jam - Sex for houses
Warning: Don't watch Jam at school kids, it's odder than an odd thing.
Edited by Shiny on 24. May 2007 23:39

Spooky
candycab wrote:
Spooky wrote:

Its a sure sign to move on when shows that were once unique in their story content start playing subject matter thats been beat to death bye pretty much everything that came before them.

At that point its blindly obvious that the wrighters either dont care anymore or are just spent idea wise....Time for the AXE !

Let it die for say five years then comeback and enjoy it again, too many shows just become rating whores and lose any hint of creativity [ then drone on until you truely loathe them ] that they started with.

Which is probably why network TV makes me gag when I see it Wink

Yeah, I don't know why but the writers of some shows suck so bad now! I can't believe how bad networks like Nickelodeon have gotten. All the shows deal with trendy teens, problems that don't even exist in the real world, and moron kids thinking their band has talent. And don't even get me started about the Family Channel, Full House has to be the worst show I've ever seen, but that's why it's so entertaining.
Edited by Spooky on 25. May 2007 00:57

candycab
I liked the first few seasons of The X-Files but man did that take a giant dump when Molder split... How the hell do you continue a show based around the activities of one charachter after he is no longer on it.

The show doesnt have that much range, never did tobeginwith.

It would be sorta like watching Next Generation without Piccard... Its just pointless since that charachter was the anchor for the show.

lol the Sheeple will watch anything Grin
Edited by candycab on 25. May 2007 01:27

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
I thought the X-Files went tits up when they started explaining what was actually going on, it went from being quite an interesting little paranormal investigation series and turned into a soap opera. Kinda.

I'm your Dad, and he's your brother, the one that was abducted was the flatmate of one of the people your sister went to school with. Fuck off.

Spooky
Wow, I didn't know the X-Files got bad. I've only seen so many episodes of that show. I think one of the worst examples of writing gone horribly wrong would be Saturday Night Live. Holy hell that show went sour in 2004. Cast members left, and shitty new writers were brought in their place. Kinda worries me about the shows I'm actually watching like Lost and Prison Break, how long can they keep those going? And yeah, X-Files without Duchovny is like Star Trek without Patrick Stewart.

goemon4
hey you illin on the OG Star Trek? imo Shatner was the best captain, but yeah, ive been watching alot of AS and cartoon network (my blasted remote is lost somewhere) ARG if i have to watch one more episode of Pokemon ima go postal!
i95.photobucket.com/albums/l148/goemon4/Khushnood_Butt_MOTW.jpg

Spooky
Rofl, Pokemon is a travesty, but then again so is crappy English Naruto. Yeah, Shatner was the fuckin' man on Star Trek. Nothing beats old school..

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiny
LOL LOL LOL
Shiny attached the following image:
khaaan_1.jpg

Spooky
ROFL NICE!! I love the ytmnd's they have on him.

All your base are belong to KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

Shiny
Spooky wrote:
Kinda worries me about the shows I'm actually watching like Lost and Prison Break, how long can they keep those going?

I can't even begin to tell you everything that's wrong with Lost, stop it, stop it now! It was shite when it started and it hasn't got any better... Where do they get all the make up and razors from? What a load of bollocks.

Currently watching The Simpsons, the episode where Homer goes to college. With commentary. Conan O'Brien does the best Leno impression since Bill Hicks. Wink

goemon4
ROFL @ tha pic! Like i said, Shatner = the man (only man that could make an android love and then kill) man that show was great.... btw, stil lwatching cartoon network, Courage The Cowardly Dog is on, with only 20 min left till AS so i can get my Futurama fix
i95.photobucket.com/albums/l148/goemon4/Khushnood_Butt_MOTW.jpg

Spooky
Haha, I love those shows. Man, Shatner is the greatest on that show. Who can compete other than Picard? No one!

And Shiny, you traitor!! Lost is badass! I agree though, some stuff is out of place..okay a lot of stuff but it's a great show if you sit down and watch it. And that episode where Homer goes to college is one of the best episodes I've seen. What season is that from?

candycab
Spooky wrote:
Rofl, Pokemon is a travesty, but then again so is crappy English Naruto. Yeah, Shatner was the fuckin' man on Star Trek. Nothing beats old school..

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldnt agree with you more, I will take Star Trek TOS over any Next Gen any day, though I did like the first 2 seasons of Next Gen for what it was. In comparrison, which there is none and never could be [ the shows are totally differnet styles, action vs whining ], I have about half of the TOS DVDs released [ only about 47 more to go ] and I have the first season of NG so that pretty much says it all I think Grin

I think I have all the Movies on LD, even the NG films, they were actually pretty decent. Still theres nothing like the over acting stylings of Shatner Wink Tiberius will always be the man Thumbs Up
Edited by candycab on 25. May 2007 10:18

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
Spooky wrote:
And Shiny, you traitor!! Lost is badass! I agree though, some stuff is out of place..okay a lot of stuff but it's a great show if you sit down and watch it. And that episode where Homer goes to college is one of the best episodes I've seen. What season is that from?

The only traitors are the dimwits that made that God awful show. May they burn in Hell for all eternity.

Homer goes to college is Season 5. My personal favourite season is 4, it's just classic episodes back to back. Wink

And I agree with all of you, Tiberius is the man.

Currently watching G.I.Joe The Movie. Yo Joe! Pfft Now where's my Beachhead avatar...?

Spooky
*Has aneurysm*

I love season 4 and 5, those are some of the best episodes ever created. Too bad the show pretty much sucks now.

Jump to Forum: