Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 3291
Thread Info
There are 199 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 48908 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gunlord
NeoGeoNinja
Xian Xi wrote:
Just spray some on a qtip and wipe the cart edge.

QTIP?...
I always thought you were British for some reason Xian! My bad. Pfft

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

RiKo
Xian Xi wrote :- Pick up some Deoxit D5, it's a contact cleaner that also works as a lube so it should make inserting the game into the converter a lot easier. Just spray some on a qtip and wipe the cart edge.

ok thanks, will do Smile

NeoGeoninja wrote :- I ordered a BOTH copies of Fast Striker from them for the DC, and my LE... which I did NOT want to open, had the bottom corner of the case ground away - through the official shrink. To top this off, one of the discs inside had come loose. I was a bit ticked, as I HAD to open it all up to reseat the disc. I also swapped out the damaged box while I was there Roll Eyes

EXACT same thing happened when I received my LE DUX from Ren too. The disc had come loose, so I had to open it up and reseat it. Not only that, but the disc had scratched too! I was proper pissed off! Annoyed

thats sucks Ninja, i can understand you being annoyed. When you buy something new you always expect it to be in perfect condition.

I havent had any problems with NGDevteam before with the previous games, so in my case i assume it was just because they tried to shove the stickers in once they had partially sealed the packages or something. I did ask for a replacemnt for the sticker but didnt get a reply to that message, so i dont think i am going to get one. The previous time i mentioned it he said it was a bonus (not stated to be in the original package) so i can't make them send me a replacement.

Ninaj wrote :- As you may have already read elsewhere, I'm a big fan of MEGA Turrican and also Super Turrican too. As such, I can't wait to grab this game. I've ordered the Dragon Box for DC, as dropping 400 on a title I've NEVER played before is 'a bit much' for me. Hats off to your dedication to the cause though dude Smile

yikes was it 400?, i must have wiped that frm my memory. i think i justified it in my mind by saying i could sell it for at least as much, and also most of the money was from video game stuff i have sold recently. In reality i would probably never sell it though, so was just a way to make myself feel better Smile

raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
RiKo
Xian Xi wrote on neo Geo.com :- I like the part where he asks Timm for a replacement of an item that wasn't even supposed to be in the damn box.

and there's more. i have to say i knew this guy was a jerk from previous experience, and he doesnt disappoint again. i dont know why members here at NeoGeo.com and NG4L suck up to him so much?

maybe if you spent 400 on a game (or however much it was) you wouldn't care if it was damaged or had the wrong serial number, but i do. Are you really that rich Xian Xi?

and the reason i posted so much info was because it's clearly stated that the game works on the Super MVS convertor II and it doesnt work on mine, so i believed all this info would be useful to other people buying the game, esp if they have problems also.

so are you going to answer here, or are you going to go back and whine to your buddies on Neo Geo.com?
Edited by RiKo on 01. April 2012 18:57

priest
Maybe Xian Xi has revealed who he really is and thats a good thing? From now on we know that hes two-faced in that he seems very agreeable towards you here and then he stabs you in the back by making fun of you at another forum.

Not an attractive featureRoll Eyes
img102.imageshack.us/img102/9359/lastsuppersnkhz7.gif

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
RiKo
yes exactly Priest Smile i have always been courteous to him in the past, and still was in this thread. the only reason he turned up was because he wanted to find out about Gunlord. He'll be back the next time he is selling something or he needs some help with his Neocartman project....

Xian Xi
priest wrote:
Maybe Xian Xi has revealed who he really is and thats a good thing? From now on we know that hes two-faced in that he seems very agreeable towards you here and then he stabs you in the back by making fun of you at another forum.

How is that two-faced? I'm an honest guy. If I wrote it on any forum then I'm not afraid to say it at all. Plus we never discussed the bonus stuff here, we only discussed getting his game working. So if you think that's two-faced that's your prerogative. On the other forum we were just discussing why the first post was about anything other than gameplay. If he said he wasn't able to get it working right off the bat and then went into talking about the stuff in the box then that's different. Everybody wants to know about the gameplay first not the contents of the box.

It is the truth. It's being picky about something that wasn't supposed to even be. You guys are lucky you can even play the game at this point. I still have to wait until the end of June because I have to wait for a damn case to be made. That's the difference between gamers and collectors.

If you felt offended by what I said in the other forum I apologize, over there we have thick skin so posts like that don't bother us when people say them.

Xian Xi
RiKo wrote:
yes exactly Priest Smile i have always been courteous to him in the past, and still was in this thread. the only reason he turned up was because he wanted to find out about Gunlord. He'll be back the next time he is selling something or he needs some help with his Neocartman project....

I've only once or twice posted something for sale here and it never sold here. And Neocartman is for the community, not me. My partner and I don't get anything from it. I've put in over 100 hours into the project searching for serials and ended up rounding up almost 3000 serials myself for the community. To this day the community hasn't even matched what I put in.

What was the last thing you did for the community? Before that I made a website to host tutorials that a lot of people in the community were looking for but people were hording info to profit off of. I have one of the few websites that hosts tutorials of the exact same service I provide so people have the choice of doing it themselves or paying me to do it for them.

First thing I posted in your thread was a helping hand to get the game running, was it not?

Now when you look at it, don't you think you complaining about a bonus item was really taking the piss?

priest
Xian Xi wrote:
priest wrote:

How is that two-faced? I'm an honest guy. If I wrote it on any forum then I'm not afraid to say it at all. Plus we never discussed the bonus stuff here, we only discussed getting his game working. So if you think that's two-faced that's your prerogative. On the other forum we were just discussing why the first post was about anything other than gameplay. If he said he wasn't able to get it working right off the bat and then went into talking about the stuff in the box then that's different. Everybody wants to know about the gameplay first not the contents of the box.

It is the truth. It's being picky about something that wasn't supposed to even be. You guys are lucky you can even play the game at this point. I still have to wait until the end of June because I have to wait for a damn case to be made. That's the difference between gamers and collectors.

If you felt offended by what I said in the other forum I apologize, over there we have thick skin so posts like that don't bother us when people say them.

Xian Xi: Two faced as in first off acting helpful over here, then you make fun of RiKo:s posts of trying to get the game working over at Neo-geo.com. The honest thing would have been to say what you felt over here and not over at NG.com Problem is that the third part, being RiKo didnt find it quite as amusing as you guys did. This is the part where I can understand RiKo.

I think that you can understand and apreciate what I mean?

I probably should have remined neutral in this case this but knowing RiKo and the nice guy that he is, I had to speak my mind. But I also respect that you, Xian Xi apologize. And from what I understand the tone in the forums at respective sites (NGFL and NG.com) are a bit different, so I can see that "missunderstandings" are bound to happen.
Edited by priest on 01. April 2012 21:25

Xian Xi
priest wrote:
Xian Xi wrote:
priest wrote:

Xian Xi: Two faced as in first off acting helpful over here, then you make fun of RiKo:s posts of trying to get the game working over at Neo-geo.com. The honest thing would have been to say what you felt over here and not over at NG.com Problem is that the third part, being RiKo didnt find it quite as amusing as you guys did. This is the part where I can understand RiKo.

I think that you can understand and apreciate what I mean?

I probably should have remined neutral in this case this but knowing RiKo and the nice guy that he is, I had to speak my mind. But I also respect that you, Xian Xi apologize. And from what I understand the tone in the forums at respective sites (NGFL and NG.com) are a bit different, so I can see that "missunderstandings" are bound to happen.

I totally understand your position. I think my wanting to know how the game really is got the best of me. And the fact that the way we speak on ng.com is totally different here probably a force of habit. We of course never intend to offend anyone but sometimes it happens when we say things a certain way.

LIFE_IN_2D
For the record.

I thought Riko's complaints about the bonus stickers and such were silly as well. I mean, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Also, people here at NGFL shouldn't be so sensitive anyways.

I have nothing against Riko, at all, but I see why Xian Xi was bit annoyed by Riko's strange complaints.

Sorry folks, but somebody has to be the resident NGFL asshole.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 01. April 2012 22:58
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
Xian Xi - erm... the bonus sticker was not a major problem (like i said at the time) - i did politely ask for a new one, i didnt demand one. knowing people on Neo Geo.com, and yes i am a member of that site too - they would be very picky about a damaged sticker. some of them probably wouldnt even open the game to play it - I am very easy going about my games compared to some people on that site. Why shouldnt i be entitled to an undamaged bonus item? if everyone else gets good condition ones? . I got a mail from Timm today to say he is sending a sticker. in fact Timm has been very good the whole time so thank you to him.

What was the last thing you did for the community? Before that I made a website to host tutorials that a lot of people in the community were looking for but people were hording info to profit off of. I have one of the few websites that hosts tutorials of the exact same service I provide so people have the choice of doing it themselves or paying me to do it for them.

Xian Xi i appreciate the half-apology. .... but this is irrelevant. Posting a lot of information on the problems i had with gunlord was helping other people who might have the same issues. but obviously people didnt see it that way..... It's great you do something for the community, and if you go to your neocartman thread on this site you will see i was probably the first to comment. This is *not* about what you do for the comminity its about the type of person you are, and how you treat others. in reality you are only sorry because you got caught being underhand.

I suspect you get a lot of respect for what you do for the community at NeoGeo.com - thats probably why you do it. so that's the reason people kiss your ass i guess? which brings me on to.....

2D wrote :- I thought Riko's complaints about the bonus stickers and such were silly as well. I mean, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Also, people here at NGFL shouldn't be so sensitive anyways.

2D i thought you were going to comment here in support of Xian Xi. because i have seen your interactions with him in the past - he is clearly your friend. or you think he's your friend. It's lucky i have a good memory isnt it? Smile Imagine if i was doing that to you - taking the piss out of you in another forum where i thought you couldnt see. and then when you found out - if you got annoyed i would then blame it on you for not having a sense of humour or for being sensitive. sorry but that's a cop out. i have lost respect for you today.
Edited by RiKo on 02. April 2012 15:02

Gunlord
i AM THE GUNLORD
ALL STOP WITH PETTY ARGUMENTS!
GOT TO SAVE MY WIFE

CARTRiDGE DOES NOT FiT EH?
USE TELEPORTATION!!

PROViDE MORE DESCRiPTiON ON FORUM...

AND PiCTURES...

RiKo
i often have trouble getting it in the slot, i think it's too big Smile

I'll take some pics of the screen, if you like, going to play again a bit later on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have reached Stage 3 on Gunlord now and i'm learning more about the game. I would have got further but i got killed by a pretty bad bug/glitch on stage 3 (more on that later, hopefully a one-off)

Stage 1 is massive really, the 2nd part is the stormy section i mentioned before where the music changes and you get lightning flashes. I would say when you first start playing the range of powerups can be quite confusing. it's like you can change your gun every 10 seconds if you want to. There are some nice weapons inc one which fires a huge number of laser orbs all over the screen (they bounce off walls), and a flame/laser shot which is powerful and can be fired in 8 directions.

Most useful is the directional beam (the one you always have) which can fire through platforms so you can destroy enemies before they can see you. Its also essential when you attacked by flying enemies which can suddenly appear in flocks. You dont need to aim directly at them - just sweep the beam round. very useful.

I use the spinning wheel transformation in certain areas - like when there are a number of enemies all gathered in a 'pit' or when you need to pass through small gaps. really the places where you are expected to use it are signposted in a way

Like Turrican there are hidden bonus blocks or platforms which appear when you shoot particular places on the screen. Shooting the bonus blocks makes them spew out power up and weapon icons.

The boss at the end of stage 1 is the guy with the big pulsating head and gun from early screenshots. You basically have to dodge his laser attacks and then use your directional laser/diamond beam to kill the flying enemies he releases. He cant be that hard because i beat him first time, though i did use fair few smart bombs in the process.

Stage 2 is the horizontally scrolling shoot-em-up stage. i suspect that these might alternate with the exploration stages. It does look beautiful and is very well executed, though it feels more like a bonus shooter to enjoy rather than a game in itself. There were no powerups so far as i could see. The boss on this stage is the one on NGDevteams facebook banner

http://www.facebo...ngdevteam.

He looks really good in terms of design and he has a huge animated tail. you have to shoot his (obvious) weak point while avoiding his huge laser attacks which are prefaced by a gun flash - so you know when to dodge. Harder than the first boss but not that difficult once you know what you are doing - though it's easy to mistime your dodges and get hit by the huge laser blast.

Stage 3 - it looks like old ruins and there are torches burning. Unfortunately i didnt get very far on this stage . before it said 'boss approaching' and started scrolling the screen to the top of the level. Each time i went off screen i would reappear and die. and i ran out of lives before it got where it was going. This is obviously a bug/glitch, but its one i hope wont happen again, because the levels are huge, so it takes quite some time to get through them.

There are 2 modes - Original mode and arcade mode, though i'm not sure what the difference is yet.

I am enjoying Gunlord even more now than when i started, my only worry besides the bug is the exploration gameplay could get to be a bit of a chore on repeated plays. When i died on Stage 3, repeating stage 1 wasnt that appealling to me. You get a percentage on how much you have completed the level when you reach the end of each stage, so there's obviously some replay value in trying to increase your percentage. Ideal for completists.

This is not really a problem but it does seem you can't stand still and shoot your primary weapon whilst aiming it. I could be wrong about this because i havent read the instructions, maybe there is a button you can press. If you want to stand still and aim you have to use your directional beam.

One more note - the intro text seemed to be cut off by the edge of the screen, not sure if this is because i am using a convertor or a glitch. Will check it next time i play.
Edited by RiKo on 02. April 2012 17:52

priest
Who is this mysterious peacemaking "Gunlord" then? Grin

Sorry didnt mean to derail this thread again.

RiKo, you should do a youtube review of this game...Id surely watch itThumbs Up

Gunlord
i AM THE GUNLORD

PROGRESS iS SAVED BY PASSWORDS? OR JOURNEY MUST BE COMPLETED iN ONE PLAY?

iF SO. NO MATTER. i WILL USE THE TELEPORTATION!!

ONE STAGE TAKES HOW LONG TO COMPLETE?

GOT TO SAVE MY WIFE!!
Edited by Gunlord on 02. April 2012 18:33
gamepodunk.ipbhost.com/uploads/4a021f4a19be8487a3ba0453a4fb38ec.png

Xian Xi
RiKo wrote:
Xian Xi i appreciate the half-apology. .... but this is irrelevant. Posting a lot of information on the problems i had with gunlord was helping other people who might have the same issues. but obviously people didnt see it that way..... It's great you do something for the community, and if you go to your neocartman thread on this site you will see i was probably the first to comment. This is *not* about what you do for the comminity its about the type of person you are, and how you treat others. in reality you are only sorry because you got caught being underhand.

Just for the record the complaint was only the order of information that was given. And the whole thing about the community was because a lot of people in the Neo community who bought Gunlord were anxiously awaiting a review on the gameplay. So if you posted about the problems with the converter first then to kill time posted about the contents of the kit that would have been the proper order.

That's all it was about. Simple as that.

Also thanks for the mini review for the first three stages.

Murikov
Yo RiKo and thanks for your gameplay report! So far it sounds that Gunlord is a very good Turrican clone with huge levels and nice bosses, a kind of game I seem to love!

What do you think about the music? It sounds gorgeous from what I've heard so far !
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

priest
What I want to know is...

Is Gunlord a Marko Rossi beater or is Gunlord just one of Marko:s bitches?!!!

Wink

RiKo
Xian Xi wrote:- Just for the record the complaint was only the order of information that was given. And the whole thing about the community was because a lot of people in the Neo community who bought Gunlord were anxiously awaiting a review on the gameplay. So if you posted about the problems with the converter first then to kill time posted about the contents of the kit that would have been the proper order.

That's all it was about. Simple as that.

Also thanks for the mini review for the first three stages.

@Xian Xi ok no worries let's forget about it Thumbs Up i didnt want to play the game until i was sure i had the right limited edition number, in case i had to return the cart. In the event Timm got back to me within 30 miniutes or something, the rest of the delay was just that i didnt want to post until i had asked NGDevteam why it might not be working. Apart from that you have to be patient with me in general because i am not in best health and cant just play games when i want to unfortunately - i couldnt play sunday at all due to ill health. Not looking for sympathy but that's just how it is. Hopefully someone at NeoGeo.com will get their copy soon, someone who can play it non-stop + you're welcome for the review.

Murikov wrote :- Yo RiKo and thanks for your gameplay report! So far it sounds that Gunlord is a very good Turrican clone with huge levels and nice bosses, a kind of game I seem to love!

What do you think about the music? It sounds gorgeous from what I've heard so far !

Hi Murikov, no problem Smile The music is very similar to Last Hope in style and sound, its very atmospheric. I have a personal preference for slightly more distinctive music e.g. Shock Troopers. but yes it's good! need to listen it to it properly, and i'll let you know. Really like the 'Gunlord' sample at the start of the game.

Priest wrote :- Is Gunlord a Marko Rossi beater or is Gunlord just one of Marko:s bitches?!!!

haha. Well its too early to say but i can say it's very good so far. Really well executed, occasionally you can die from falling on enemies that are offscreen but that could be my fault rather than level-design because i'm still playing a little carelessly. so it comes down to how much you like this style of gameplay. I like that they have put schmup sections in there - it's clever because it splits up the ground-based sections, so you dont get bored.. I would actually recommend you try the original Turrican and if you enjoy that you will enjoy this. Obviously Gunlord is more advanced, but the basics are the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay apparently there is a bug in level 3, but you can avoid it if you keep moving (Timm at NGDevteam sent me a mail telling me how to avoid it)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for pictures, i had some technical issues with my Neo Geo controller earlier but i didnt realise (the wheel-move wouldnt work and then the beam stopped working although i could still jump using the same button). so i literally spent ages figuring out what was wrong. Anyway i have a spare in the loft/attic so i will retrieve that. I will need to get someone in to take the pics as i am playing because the screen darkens when it pauses so i can probably do that tomorrow all being well.

I did take these just as a taster (wrong ratio on the TV, i will fix that tomorrow). not very good i'm afraid but better pics to come Smile

(click to enlarge)

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/SNV88302b.jpg
Got to love those clouds.

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/SNV88311b.jpg
Fire-shot weapon

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/SNV88313b.jpg
This weapon fires a big missile that splits up into bouncing orbs, when it hits a wall.

Pics are blurred a little because i am holding the camera with one hand while holding the controller with the other!

Gunlord wrote:-i AM THE GUNLORD

PROGRESS iS SAVED BY PASSWORDS? OR JOURNEY MUST BE COMPLETED iN ONE PLAY?

iF SO. NO MATTER. i WILL USE THE TELEPORTATION!!

ONE STAGE TAKES HOW LONG TO COMPLETE?

GOT TO SAVE MY WIFE!!

haha how come you dont know this Gunlord?

well i haven't seen any password option, so i think you have to complete it in one play yes.
It's hard to measure time when you are playing games but maybe the first stage takes 12 minutes. I will measure it for you next time i play. The Schmup section was maybe about 4 minutes. and i couldn't play Stage 3 properly so cant tell you about that. but next time i get there i will know what to do

good luck saving your wife - Vanessa Gaiden Smile
Edited by RiKo on 02. April 2012 21:22

LIFE_IN_2D
RiKo wrote:

2D i thought you were going to comment here in support of Xian Xi. because i have seen your interactions with him in the past - he is clearly your friend. or you think he's your friend. It's lucky i have a good memory isnt it? Smile Imagine if i was doing that to you - taking the piss out of you in another forum where i thought you couldnt see. and then when you found out - if you got annoyed i would then blame it on you for not having a sense of humour or for being sensitive. sorry but that's a cop out. i have lost respect for you today.

Its not about kissing ass, Riko... its about me stating my opinion that you sounded silly-- bitching about a free sticker. Had I not stated my honest opinion on that Id be kissing YOUR ass.

You (and many others here at NGFL) know Im a big asshole to people here and there. Its not like I chose to take a piss on you just because you got bent out of shape over what Xian Xi said.

If I lost your respect, I guess I only have one thing to say to that:

LIFE_IN_2D wrote
...people here at NGFL shouldn't be so sensitive....

-----

But, thanks for the detailed review dude. Its great to get a peak at the game in all its glory. Cant wait to play this baby! Thanks for that.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 03. April 2012 03:58
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jump to Forum: