Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 3291
Thread Info
There are 199 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 49899 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gunlord
reelmojo
Destructoid is covering the Dreamcast release of Gunlord.

Hopefully that drums up more sales for NG Dev Team. I obviously haven't played the game yet, but it definitely seems like they deserve it.

I got an Email that said my order was processing, but I noticed a distinct lack of the word "shipped." So... still waiting.

EDIT: Just got the shipping confirmation! Grin
Edited by reelmojo on 28. June 2012 00:52

-SD-
It's here!!

img94.imageshack.us/img94/5889/img0182vb.jpg

Beard
Edited by -SD- on 28. June 2012 14:45
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

DarakuTenshi
I'd love to get that game, but with the exchange rates it would end up being around $800 for me. That is way too much for me to spend on a game.

LIFE_IN_2D
FINALLY got my LE DC copy today! At last I can use my DC for what I bought it for.

Only got to the 3rd boss. I really suck at this game. I wish I could abuse the snake laser thinggy, it's a awesome weapon.

BTW, my stickers arrived in tip-top condition!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

reelmojo
My copy arrived today! The disc was loose and as a result is a bit scratched. As long as the game works that won't bother me though. It's a very professional looking package despite the fact that it's a Dreamcast game in a DVD sized case. Kinda looks odd on my shelf yet also really cool in a strange way.

LIFE_IN_2D
Having trouble with the 3rd level midstage boss. Any tips? I saw an old video where people just abused the snake beam, can't do that in the DC version.

Please help, I'm fucking frustrated.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 04. July 2012 03:19

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

reelmojo
When it raises up out of the water the first time there's a platform on the left hand side that you can stand on where it won't hit you. From there you can just lay into it the entire time it's up. After it falls jump over to the far left platform being careful of it's flamethrower bursts on the way over. Also, make sure to make good use of your side blasts. That boss was definitely the first major challenge I found in the game.

LOVE this game so far! I lost on the stage 4 boss. Restarting almost exactly where you were when you died is a great way to keep you from getting frustrated, although it would have been nice if that had carried over into the scrolling shooter stage too. The exploration elements are cool and really make you feel like you're always discovering something secret even if in reality you're still on the main path. Of course, that'll feel different with multiple playthroughs. Other than Turrican I'm feeling a bit of Rendering Ranger influence as well, but that's probably just coincidence as I'm sure Rendering Ranger was influenced by Turrican too.

The graphics are very detailed and even with tons of bullets and bits of robots flying everywhere there's not a hint of slowdown. The bosses are ridiculously cool, especially the dragon at the end of stage 3. Also, the art in the intro screens seems like it uses a much larger palette than other NeoGeo games. Music has been great so far. I was especially happy when I started stage 3 and finally got to hear that song from the teaser website in the game. It's too bad it fades out instead of looping though. I assume that's not a problem on the AES/MVS versions?

I've found the snake beam weapon mostly useless. Maybe that's just because I really like the normal weapons though. It just seems too hard to aim properly to be worth the effort.

Also, only 5 days to ship from Germany to Ohio? Awesome!

LIFE_IN_2D
Tried that but I couldn't find a safe platform on the left. No matter what, I can't shoot him while avoiding those exploding pods.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
Pleased you guys are enjoying the game, I havent updated mine yet because i was waiting for the final version so i didnt have to do it more than once esp since i have to take the label off to update (no external port) I guess 1.1 was the final version then.

2D wrote :- Having trouble with the 3rd level midstage boss. Any tips? I saw an old video where people just abused the snake beam, can't do that in the DC version.

i have only played the original and i think they have changed some of the boss patterns in the update but i used to jump to the far right platform (you had to in the original to stop the scrolling bug anyway, and then i would shoot at the boss as much as i could and gradually jump accross to the left as the boss moved accross, then i would just jump to a dif platform when i needed to always shooting the boss, but this might have all changed.

Mojo wrote:- It's a very professional looking package despite the fact that it's a Dreamcast game in a DVD sized case

I think Jap Cosmic Smash comes in a DVD case (it's half transparent) , i cant remember now but there is the odd one i think. I think that Karous game might have done too.

i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/$%28KGrHqZHJE0E-utuk3h6BPt-!GBP%28g~~60_35.JPG

i'm looking forward to playing Gunlord with the tougher bosses and new snake beam, cos coupled with the long levels and the way you just used the snake beam to clear each area it could get a bit repetitive before.
Edited by RiKo on 05. July 2012 21:31
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
LIFE_IN_2D
This game is a bit weird...

I had the day off today, so I decided to fire up the ol' DC for some Gunlord.

I Finally found the safe platform (you actually have to stand on the left edge of the platform, or shit will still hit you) to stand so stage 3 mid-boss couldn't rape me. BUT, I made sure I had PHOENIX SHOT. Phoenix shot is the only gun with enough power to make waste of the enemies floating mines, without getting hit. So IMO PHX shot is a necessity to beat this fuck-head.

After defeating the mid-boss , I easily beat the dragon on stage 3 and levels 4 and 5 bosses.

Basically, I learned two things : Phoenix Shot shits on almost all weapons in the games (in most situations) and bosses (most) really can't do much when you roll (makes you invulnerable). Seriously folks, roll can mind-fuck a lot of the bosses -- 1, 3 (dragon), 4 (purple robot guy).

Also, Ninja, Riko, and Mojo thanks for the tips because I kinda mashed-up your strategies and ended up making it past the stage 3 midboss -- and beyond.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 06. July 2012 22:41

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

-SD-
Is everyone else still waiting for their posters to arrive, or is it just me?

And has anyone had any response regarding the misprinted Dragon Box?

TF73
Still considering if I should buy this game or not. I have only tried Last Hope from these guys and can't say I was impressed.

What is the impression from you guys/girls who already have the game?

RiKo
I will say that Gunlord is my least favourite game out of the 3 NGDevteam has released. The graphics are very good + I enjoyed it at first but after a while didnt want to go back to it. I find it's a bit of an undertaking when you play it in terms of playtime, and i'm not sure the gameplay remains enjoyable enough when stretched over that time? I will say i haven't played the updated version yet though, so it could be a lot better now (waiting for the final update). Also was i never the biggest fan of Turrican (Gunlord is basically Turrican) and some people really *love* that game.

Def worth getting the DC version though to see what you think, also see what other people in this thread think because i think a lot of people really like Gunlord.

EDIT Found this review of Gunlord http://www.euroga...ord-review

In contrast i still want to play Last Hope ( PB ) and Fast Striker.

TF73 wrote :- I have only tried Last Hope from these guys and can't say I was impressed.

I know Last Hope was slated a bit but i reallly do think Last Hope Pink Bullets is a great game - they made some major changes to the gameplay system that improved it a lot - no need to collect speedups or the nose orb + highly visible bullets + a new scoring system. Only the lack of imagination in the bosses lets it down now and there are also some slightly weedy-looking bullets in places.

As for Fast Striker its superb! a bullet-hell shooter on the Neo it has no real comparision (except maybe Blazing Star a little). I hate the novice mode but play it on any mode higher and its brilliant. The only thing i can fault about this game is the bosses (they are a little too similar to each other though *much* better than Last Hope) and maybe it could have done with some real contrast between levels - they all have the same metallic style. That's really nitpicking though. Gameplay wise it's spot on and is technically superb too. Even off the Neo Geo this is a great shooter.
Edited by RiKo on 02. August 2012 22:11
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
TF73
Thanks for sharing you opinion Riko. I have more or less decided to buy Fast Striker now on AES. As for Gunlord I would like to get that too on AES but was to late so guess I'll have to do with the DC version. I loved Turrican when I played it on the Amiga so think Gunlord will be a good replacement for meSmile

-SD-
I have to admit I've been considering Fast Striker on AES too....

bojan4o
How much does these games cost for the aes/mvs (talking about all the games from NG DEV TEAM)
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

TF73
bojan4o wrote:

How much does these games cost for the aes/mvs (talking about all the games from NG DEV TEAM)

Their latest upcoming MVS release 399 euros and Fast Striker AES 439 euros. So not the cheapest games around.

lee gray
I had the AES version on preorder for 6 months when it was delayed again and then I got a refund. Now though I wish I had just been patient as doubt I will ever get one now but more than a year and a half is taking the piss and still on going.

neoman
They NG DEVTEAM should have made More Gun Lord mvs carts available rather than trying to release the AES version. I've recently noticed a Dreamcast version selling on eBay,tempted to buy it ,,

Jump to Forum: