3D Stick FPS
boogiepop
is the new champion in
Pacman with 124330 points
Pacman

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 3291
Thread Info
There are 199 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 46813 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gunlord
Loris Biaggi
It looks really good! I hope this green bar on bottom is a lifebar!

reelmojo
A bit of news from NG:Dev Team's Facebook page:

We will start to accept advanced orders on Gunlord for NEOGEO MVS, NEOGEO AES (Homecart/NGH) and Dreamcast in September.
MVS is currently scheduled for October
Dreamcast 4th quarter 2011
AES for 1st quarter 2012.
More details will follow the next few weeks.
Pre-orders will start with the publishing of a first video on Youtube.

And later in response to a comment saying the game looks and sounds just like Turrican:

Well, it plays quite different to Turrican, more like an evolved version of it, but yeah we love Chris Hülsbeck :)

An evolved version of Turrican? Interesting...
Edited by reelmojo on 31. August 2011 07:28

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:

OK. THERE'D BE A...
minimal amount of tears dwelling in my ducts if it played JUST like Turrican, with directional fire, and Metroid style exploration and power up elements.

That's my interpretation of an evolved Turrican...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Murikov
reelmojo wrote:
A bit of news from NGDev Team's Facebook page:

We will start to accept advanced orders on Gunlord for NEOGEO MVS, NEOGEO AES (Homecart/NGH) and Dreamcast in September.
MVS is currently scheduled for October
Dreamcast 4th quarter 2011
AES for 1st quarter 2012.
More details will follow the next few weeks.
Pre-orders will start with the publishing of a first video on Youtube.

And later in response to a comment saying the game looks and sounds just like Turrican:

Well, it plays quite different to Turrican, more like an evolved version of it, but yeah we love Chris Hülsbeck Smile

The most interesting part of NGDEV's news is that they plan an AES release as well (which they didn't with Fast Striker's release). I'd lust after getting such a cartridge, but as we know NGDEVs price policy very well, it must cost one's arm and a leg. Shock

As for their Turrican comment, I assume they might add a faster paced or more action-oriented gameplay, maybe also with driving sequences. That statement actually caught my interest of what NGDEV might be hatching...

Off topic: It's actually quite annoying how NGDEV is spelled, as the HTML characters for the lol smiley pop out in the same word. Everytime writing the name in a forum you need to disable the smileys in your post.
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

NeoGeoNinja
SUPER INTERESTING IS THIS...
that I found on 'another' dedicated Neogeo forum, whilst lurking around like some socially retarded NeoGeo enthusiast:

"NG Dev Team - If sales are good, Fast Striker and Pink Bullets will follow to AES later in 2012"

SERIOUSLY?!

if so...I definitely have my eye on a Fast Striker for AES! That game IS worth it Thumbs Up

Ninja

RiKo
Yes Fast striker is really good. I'm glad they maybe releasing AES versions of Last Hope + Fast Striker, i hope the price is a lot lower so more people can buy them. I wonder how much Gunlord will be on AES?

I was just looking at the facebook page and saw a guy asking if they were going to do a game like Ikari Warriors

NG Dev Team Yes, one of the next games is planned to be a top-down run-and-gun shooter.

asked if it would have 360 rotation (presumably about aiming the gun)

We are still experimenting with the engine, but it's most likely that we offer 2 different control schemes. However support of an SNK rotary stick is unlikely as SNK used custom controller ports on NEOGEO.

raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
neros
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
"NG Dev Team - If sales are good, Fast Striker and Pink Bullets will follow to AES later in 2012"

SERIOUSLY?!

if so...I definitely have my eye on a Fast Striker for AES! That game IS worth it Thumbs Up
Ninja

Wuuuut! That is amazingly awesome good news. Damn Gunlord and Fast Striker on AES. I hope these MVS versions will drop in price....Okay keep on dreamingPray
img832.imageshack.us/img832/9499/nerosgeo.jpg

www.ipaint.dk
-SD-
I'm certainly interested in a Home Cart of Fast Striker and potentially even Gun Lord. It's good to see that the Dreamcast is still being supported though.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

reelmojo
Yeah, if they stopped supporting the Dreamcast there would be no hope (no pun intended) of me playing any of their games. I mean yeah, I have an AES now but am I going to spend $500 or more on one game? No. $100 maybe, but I really don't see an NG Dev Team game being that cheap. They stated on their FB page that the prices of the MVS and AES versions would be more or less the same.

TF73
The price for the AES version will be between Eur 400-449, so it's not exactly going to be cheap. If it is of the same average quality as their previous games I will for sure only consider buying the DC version.

neogeoeno
TF73 wrote:
The price for the AES version will be between Eur 400-449, so it's not exactly going to be cheap. If it is of the same average quality as their previous games I will for sure only consider buying the DC version.
must of neo-geo owner will be more than happy to see this neat release of games but personally we will not buy at this price

NeoGeoNinja
TF73 wrote:
...If it is of the same average quality as their previous games I will for sure only consider buying the DC version.

WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE...
I suppose, but, for me personally, I thought that Fast Striker was great. I would never (never say never I suppose, but doubtfully) spend that much money on a copy of Last Hope PB. As for GunLord... I guess we'll (again) just have to wait and see how things turn out Smile

Ninja

cthulhu
TF73 wrote:

If it matches the quality of the other games they made, I think this would be a decent price for a brand new AES game and there will be a big chance that I will buy an AES version of Gunlord.
My arcade crap

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

STE C
I would love an MVS version of Fast Striker and would pay max £70 for it but not a penny more unless I won the lottery. DC is the version I will get as with NGDEVs other games, still I would love MVS versions but cant justify the cost.

neros
TF73 wrote:
The price for the AES version will be between Eur 400-449, so it's not exactly going to be cheap.

That makes me sad Real Sad
img832.imageshack.us/img832/9499/nerosgeo.jpg

www.ipaint.dk
RiKo
That's a higher price than i was expecting. I had actually been thinking about purchasing because I have just sold about that much in videogame related items this past few weeks so i could probably afford it. However.....what worries me is that they always seem to release new improved versions of all their games. e.g. Last Hope Pink Bullets, Fast Striker 1.5. so what's to stop this happening again and me ending up with an expensive but inferior version. I think i will have to ask them about this.

-SD-
I'm sure that the Fast Striker MVS cart has a USB port so you can keep it updated. I would imagine that this feature will be carried across to the new AES boards that they're designing.
Edited by -SD- on 02. September 2011 14:18
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

RiKo
yes i hope that do that. I think with Fast Striker 1 it still wouldnt work on the AES with a convertor even if you updated it. which was annoying for me because if you bought the new version it did. But Gunlord obvioulsy already runs on the AES so that shouldnt be a problem Smile

NeoGeoNinja
RiKo wrote:
I think i will have to ask them about this.

GO FOR IT...
I'm definitely keen to learn what the response is to this Smile

Ninja

RiKo
Ninja wrote :- GO FOR IT...
I'm definitely keen to learn what the response is to this

OK I asked. Apparently the MVS and DC version come out first. And the AES version follows several months later. The AES version does not have a specific USB adaptor on the outside but as i understand it - there will be one on the board (inside the cart) This means you have to open up the cart to update it - so its not really an option.

but...because the AES version is being released several months later - it will hopefully be the updated version anyway (if such a version is necessary - there may not even be an updated version)

I think the MVS version will have a USB socket to update, but i am just checking on that at the moment. It *will* be compatible with convertors from release so it can be played on an AES.

EDIT : Yes the MVS version has a USB socket for updating.
Edited by RiKo on 03. September 2011 13:14

Jump to Forum: