Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: neros
Thread ID: 3288
Thread Info
There are 35 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 10098 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Art Of Fighting series
Vexan
I wonder how many players from this community have finished AoF2 ? I have, on the AoF Anthology. But only once...Man this game is hard, but I LOVE AoF series, it's great for what it is
i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/VexanRFM/Sigs%20and%20Avatars/vexansiggie1500x150t3xt.png

www.freewebs.com/rockmanfullmoon
neros
Vexan wrote:
I wonder how many players from this community have finished AoF2 ? I have, on the AoF Anthology. But only once...

Did you do it with only one credit then?

I have never finished AOF2 or AOF1 for that matter. I only use one credit. I tried yesterday to beat Mr. Karate from AOF1 with four credits but coundn't go the distance with himAngry
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
Michael Max
Finished AOF1 once. AOF2 TOO HARD! But I love it

neogeoeno
Vexan wrote:
I wonder how many players from this community have finished AoF2 ? I have, on the AoF Anthology. But only once...Man this game is hard, but I LOVE AoF series, it's great for what it is
you must learn how to play it first but i will toll you easy trick to defeat every 1. 1-double tap )) then quickly throw your opponent and before he get up attack him by fireball after that he will be liyng now finish him by the haowken super death blow or by ultra combo Clap
Edited by neogeoeno on 05. May 2011 00:07

Vexan
lol awesome I'm gonna go try it RIGHT NOW! Thanks alot! Comfort
i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/VexanRFM/Sigs%20and%20Avatars/vexansiggie1500x150t3xt.png

www.freewebs.com/rockmanfullmoon
tony starks
neros wrote:
tony starks wrote:
Seriously though, AOF 3 does not seem or feel like an AOF game if you know what I mean. Just like MOTW's does not feel like a Fatal Fury game though it is part of the series. Presentation wise AOF 3 destroys the other two games but gameplay wise as controversial as this may sound I feel it lacks compared with the first two games.

Well maybe you misunderstood me Wink I feel the same things about this series as you do !

Sorry my bad dude Wink

As for my comment about SF2 well my man Ninja pretty much nailed it on the head Smile
I have 1CCed AOF plenty of times it ain't that hard. AOF 2 on the other hand, never.

Starks out.
Edited by tony starks on 04. May 2011 22:25
Starks is always out

neros
Somebody how knows if the AOF1 can play on the MVS converter II? I have heard about scaling problems?
My youtube channel:

www.ipaint.dk
Murikov
neros wrote:
Somebody how knows if the AOF1 can play on the MVS converter II? I have heard about scaling problems?

Hey Neros

Yeah, you're right, it works fine on the converter but just like Last Blade AoF1 has some issues with it's scaling when the screen zooms deeply into the scene, resulting that the sprites and background look a little bit jagged. This video from Jamma Nation X might explain it more detailed.

YouTube Video

But be aware that the AES version of Art of Fighting 1 is cheap as hell, I got my AES version for $10 at Ebay. At the end it would cost you the same as buying a MVS cartridge and, to top it all off, you can enjoy the awesome box cover art and manual of the AES version. Thumbs Up
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

neros
Murikov wrote:
But be aware that the AES version of Art of Fighting 1 is cheap as hell, I got my AES version for $10 at Ebay. At the end it would cost you the same as buying a MVS cartridge and, to top it all off, you can enjoy the awesome box cover art and manual of the AES version. Thumbs Up

Actually I already have the AES version Grin But it's because I'm thinking of buying a shockbox with that game for MVS too! Yes I kown I'm mad!! But I just love those shockboxes for my MVS games. God damn it looks good!

But If the MVS game is like shit on the converter I might just let it be..

The worst scaling I have seen on the converter is my Samurai Spirits IV. But it's not that you can't play the game.

I've seen that video before luckily I also have The Last Blade for AES. I don't think it looks so bad with the AOF1 I must say..
My youtube channel:

www.ipaint.dk
RiKo
I just want to say that i love AOF3, i think it's amazing. It's really fluid and feels a lot like a 3D fighter in the way it plays. (just like Ninja said). However i don't think this is a bad thing at all. It's pretty cool to have a 2D fighter that feels like that. It feels really fresh for that reason. Its actually my favourite in the AOF series, but it was the first one i played, so maybe that's why.

I do love the chunky graphics in AOF2 though, and it's an excellent game. It's got the the classic Neo Geo look from back in the day (huge sprites).
Edited by RiKo on 21. September 2011 18:51
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
neros
Right now these days I only play AOF1 in the series. It has that really old school feeling to it. Maybe it's not as responsive as the other 2 games but I just love playing it anyway. It's not that hard either Wink
My youtube channel:

www.ipaint.dk
Kazuya_UK
Said it before and I'll say it again, AOF1 was my first Neo Geo game. If it wasn't for that, the site might not be here now Smile

I'd love to see another AoF but it's not gonna happen I guess:(

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
neogeoeno
the begining of the legendHeadbang

bojan4o
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

DarakuTenshi
I once bought Art Of Fighting 3 off of eBay and never received it. The dude never even mailed it... probably never even had it. Turned out that he was just ripping people off and I was not his first victim. I ended up getting my money refunded by PayPal.

Anyway yeah I like AOF. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but I do love the third game. I too remember the first time I played AOF. I was at a restaurant in Florida on a family vacation. So that would have been summer of 1993. I was taken back by the game and love it at the time, but now I think it's just an okay game. Very difficult too.

Jump to Forum: